Resource icon

DiRT Rally NERVE Enhanced FFB for Dirt Rally 0.45 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@TemplarGFX you forgot the "<FFBSample name="revEffect" min="-1" max="1" wave="91"/>" line from the <--steering wheel effect samples-->. :p

Thanks for the update, I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

@TemplarGFX you forgot the "<FFBSample name="revEffect" min="-1" max="1" wave="91"/>" line from the <--steering wheel effect samples-->. :p

Thanks for the update, I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.
Its ok it will just use the one under Controller. Those <!--Text--> are just comments, so the samples are not actually only for one or the other.

TemplarGFX, What do you mean by this (mod Impact)?
(Please note that I have released a new mod Impact, which is a completely custom FFB not based on the settings created by Codemasters)
My Englich is verry bad sorry : (

Last edited:
Its ok it will just use the one under Controller. Those <!--Text--> are just comments, so the samples are not actually only for one or the other.

I have tried that couple of times while I was making .xml FFB files for DR, and it didn't want to use the "sample1" for wheel, which refers to the controller effect sample.
Maybe they have changed it after the FFB patch, I haven't piddled with the effectsetup_v2.xml's.

ive just tried the new version and CM SHOULD intergrate this into their game as default FFB. Its that great... tarmac feels as goods the gravel now. ON my t300 tyre slip is at 50% rest at 100% (1oo indriver) and its simply brilliant thanks mate!!!

Templar, I've been testing 2.2 for an hour or so now and it's lost a lot on the slip effects and surface feeling. I haven't tested it on tarmac, but on gravel it doesn't feel quite right. I notice that in an earlier post you were saying that you're not a driver, so please don't take this as me trying to be patronising, it just my observations from my fairly limited experience of driving on dirt / gravel in real life.

At low speeds you feel a lot more of the road surface through the wheel. Every bump, pot-hole and even large stones can be felt and will have quite a pronounced effect, physically shifting the wheel left or right in your hands, perhaps by as much as 10 degrees, enough to keep you busy keeping the car in a straight line. You will feel a considerable amount of body roll too, so the ride can actually feel quite violent. Road resistance to your steering inputs should be quite high due to increased traction and you should feel a reasonable amount of low-frequency vibration through the wheel. I've just tried driving the first few corners of Bronfelen at under 15mph and I'm not getting this at all even with my Logitech profiler set to 100% effects strength and all the ingame sliders at 100%.
As your speed increases and the suspension works harder, these bump steer and roll effects become less pronounced and what you feel becomes a combination of vibration through the wheel (steering column) and the seat (chassis). Obviously, most people aren't running simvibe, so we're not feeling the chassis vibration, but there is not enough coming through the wheel now to compensate for this.
When you break traction and get the car sideways you should feel a whole lot more violent, stuttering vibration as the tyres try to bite into the loose surface of the road and this seems to have been lost in 2.2 compared to your 2.1 version.
In terms of the feeling of the weight transfer and self aligning torque though, you have it spot on in my opinion.
Again, I'm not trying to be overly critical or patronising, it's just my opinion based on my limited real life experience and for me 2.2 has lost some of the feel that 2.1 had.
I'm going to try your impact FFB now and see how I get on with that.

--snip--.
This is EXACTLY the feedback I need. don't feel that I'll take it badly, you picked up on it correctly, Im not expert at driving so I need you guys to tell me whats right and whats not!

I think you will find Impact is much closer to what you are describing anyway, as that was the intention!
NERVE was based on how Codemasters was using the FFB effects, just expanded to have more ranges. Impact is my own concoction to directly give specific feedback at specific points.

Can u make the rumble effect like in Impact FFB? This one is very loud and powerfull and i'm afraid constantly it will break my wheel :), G27 btw, else is perfect. Great job!

I just did this one back to back with CM ffb. This one is miles better I disagree with above you can feel the road pretty well, more so than cm version. For someone who doesn't drive you have good instinct. It does vibrate under sliding or loosing tractrion. on my t300.

Msportdan, I've tested 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and Impact back to back today and all I am saying is that compared with my real life experience of driving dirt / gravel roads Impact and 2.1 feel the most realistic to me through the G27. It's all very subjective and wheel dependent when it comes to FFB. Some of the effects that you're picking up through the T300 might not be coming through on my 27 or vice versa. I'm using Impact at the moment and it feels really good.

Last edited:
I just did this one back to back with CM ffb. This one is miles better I disagree with above you can feel the road pretty well, more so than cm version. For someone who doesn't drive you have good instinct. It does vibrate under sliding or loosing tractrion. on my t300.

Dude, It's a bit foolish to disagree when your not using the same wheels as others.
And asking CM to swap their FFB with Templar's when it's not tested with all wheels.

Impact is a step up, I really can recommend that one. If you give it a little time and adjust your FFB settings in game to the sweet spot, it is pretty damn good.

ps. the rev effect in that might be little high for most wheels, so I suggest dropping that down. With T500 I was happy around 0.08 and other value at 0.10, for now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back