Resource icon

DiRT Rally NERVE Enhanced FFB for Dirt Rally 0.45 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
TemplarGFX
I have a question, i have no rev effect when using your 2.1 update?
this line : (<FFBSample name="revEffect" min="-1" max="1" wave="91"/>) is missing in Steering Wheel Effect Samples so i took it from Controller Effect Samples and put it under Steering Wheel Effect Samples but no rev effect anyway.
Did you for some reason not include rev effect for wheel in update 2.1 ?
2.1 makes the game SOOOOOO muth more fun to play and the car feels more stabel, LOVE IT !!!
Can you tell me how to decrease the rumble effect a litle bit in the XML file? Bad Englich i know : (

TemplarGFX
I have a question, i have no rev effect when using your 2.1 update?
this line : (<FFBSample name="revEffect" min="-1" max="1" wave="91"/>) is missing in Steering Wheel Effect Samples so i took it from Controller Effect Samples and put it under Steering Wheel Effect Samples but no rev effect anyway.
Did you for some reason not include rev effect for wheel in update 2.1 ?
2.1 makes the game SOOOOOO muth more fun to play and the car feels more stabel, LOVE IT !!!
Can you tell me how to decrease the rumble effect a litle bit in the XML file? Bad Englich i know : (

Under the Steering Wheel Effects the line for Revs "<FFBRevs device="wheel... etc..." Change at the end the "sample1" to "sample0" and it works.

About 2.1:
Had to turn a lot of the values down, but after that felt pretty damn good.
T500rs atm.
SAT - 65
WF - 20
TF - 75
Sus - 37
TS - 25
Col - 100
SL - 100

Looks like I might need to lower Skid a little bit as everyone is finding it too strong. Can I ask. Those that find it too strong, are you first attempting to lower the in-game setting to a strength of your liking?

Lowering it ingame works. For me the golden number with T500 was 25%. In comparison to 2.0, the suspension and skid are a lot stronger. Neither are that strong that I would have to touch the scale values in the file it self though.

Obviously depending on what wheel one is using, it may be necessary to lower the scale.

Lowering it ingame works. For me the golden number with T500 was 25%. In comparison to 2.0, the suspension and skid are a lot stronger. Neither are that strong that I would have to touch the scale values in the file it self though.

Obviously depending on what wheel one is using, it may be necessary to lower the scale.

Thanks for the info! I might lower it slightly for 2.2, but I am unsure yet. I think most people are just missing the fact that the scale sliders in game no longer function as they did before, and need investigating individually

Thanks for the info! I might lower it slightly for 2.2, but I am unsure yet. I think most people are just missing the fact that the scale sliders in game no longer function as they did before, and need investigating individually
Which effect/slider correlates to the front wheel grip/understeer feel?
Love the way your patch transmits that feedback.

If i set skid very low in game, i get very little feedback when the wheels are actually skidding. If i lower the first skid scale value in the xml, i can use higher skid in game and feel the skidding, without too much road rumble.

If i set skid very low in game, i get very little feedback when the wheels are actually skidding. If i lower the first skid scale value in the xml, i can use higher skid in game and feel the skidding, without too much road rumble.
Ok, Thankyou again for the feedback! The more information the community can give me, the better I can set it up for everyone! I will try rebalancing the first value a little myself!

This mod definitely makes the cars come more alive for me. I did try your suggested settings on the G27 Templar, but I found that with the spring and effects strength settings at 70% I wasn't really feeling the road surface. I guess this is down to personal preference though. I'm still tweaking my setup.
Here's what I'm running at the moment. It feels pretty good to me, although the wheel is a little bit rattly, so the springs and damping in the Logitech profiler might need to come up a touch. Maybe to 10 or 15%

Logitech Profiler:
Overall effect strength = 100%
Spring effect strength = 0%
Damper effect strength = 0%
Center spring enabled = Yes
Center spring strength = 0%

In game settings:
S.A.T. = 80%
Wheel Friction = 80%
Tyre Friction =80%
Susp = 45%
Tyre Slip = 70%
Collision = 100%
Soft Lock = 100%

About 20yrs ago I used to go to a lot of 'free parties' in some pretty remote locations around England and Wales and this feels how I remember it feeling driving down the little dirt/gravel tracks to get to them, although, obviously, I never did it at rally speeds.

A really good mod, thanks.

Last edited:
I REALLY like Vers. 2.0, but I have an issue with it pulling to the right excessively. 2.1 doesn't have this issue, but I much prefer the feel of 2.0. Any chance of a revised 2.0 release with whatever you did to fix the pull?

@Angry Prawn You can actually get the 2.1 feeling much like 2.0, you just kinda have to start from the begging to setup your FFB settings, since the scales were drasticly changed.
I think 2.1 went to the right direction, its just a balancing act to get all the values to a level that it serves multiple wheels, and that it has as much variable effects as possible without becoming muddled.

On a general note: FFB making/refining is not as easy as adjusting couple of sliders as we consumers are usually left to play with.

TemplarGFX updated NERVE Enhanced FFB for Dirt Rally 0.45 with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes and Tyre Slip reduction

Hi All,

Here is a small update to NERVE that fixes the Rev effect so it actually works, and lowers the tyre slip effect to be less aggressive!

Changes :
Rev effect sample fixed so that it can be felt on wheel
First skid function reduced significantly
Second skid function reduced slightly

You will probably want to increase Tyre Slip in-game a little once you apply this.

Please note that I have released a new mod Impact, which is a completely custom FFB not based on the settings created...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 242 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years