Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

I should point out what is different from the real layout which was used so little and abandoned quickly.

In the red ring track is demolished at the moment, no tarmac can be seen, but it is easy to tell how it was. Other blue dotted part is still there. I made track as it was originaly. Tried in game and there were too little flow for me, and racing line felt monotonic in whole extension. So I changed a bit a part which is demolished right now, and couldn't resist not to smooth out a little that other turn. And the result is very good flow, speed, and perhaps zero safety :/ :D

FY6IYzg.jpg

Nice to have a track that you can regularly get a bit of air at :D

nXHUBUzh.jpg

Also noticed in the replays the background seems to disappear quite close, much closer than other tracks (not sure it thats as intended or easy to fix :S) Seems fine in F1 camera views.

(not the best pic, I wasn't really focusing on the background, but you get the idea:roflmao:)

6RrY9wbh.jpg

Wow, what a track, so much fun.

I've just done 31 laps in the Porsche 908 LH, here's one of them. I'm a sweaty mess :D

Check your volume, video starts on a flying lap.

@garyjpaterson Interesting, I've been playing a bit with near/far planes in cam ini file, maybe I left a mistake somewhere. Cams shouldn't really work for extended layout, just standard ring, "Fast Lap" configuration. Focus looks really good, I think you have mastered shaders ! You learned a lot with Dallara.

@Jack7793 31laps ? Wow, thats pretty much full race, more than hour of fast laps. Thanks for the video, thats exactly what I wanted. That jump was huuuge, I always slowdown before it, but looks like you can take it in extreme mode too. I could always make it "safer", but that particular part is fantasy, and maybe it is better that way with that in mind.

@garyjpaterson Interesting, I've been playing a bit with near/far planes in cam ini file, maybe I left a mistake somewhere. Cams shouldn't really work for extended layout, just standard ring, "Fast Lap" configuration. Focus looks really good, I think you have mastered shaders ! You learned a lot with Dallara.

@Jack7793 31laps ? Wow, thats pretty much full race, more than hour of fast laps. Thanks for the video, thats exactly what I wanted. That jump was huuuge, I always slowdown before it, but looks like you can take it in extreme mode too. I could always make it "safer", but that particular part is fantasy, and maybe it is better that way with that in mind.
The hump might cause havoc with the AI in some cars like Thomson Rd. Just something to think about. Also modern cars like the GT3 class cars often raise the nose sky high. I know you prefer vintage but people will drive anything on any track. Just thinking of having the track be the most useful for the most people. If you don't care about that then disregard ;)

@mantasisg roughly 1h 40mins, hence the sweaty mess comment haha. The flow of the whole circuit helped, just wanted to keep going.

You're welcome. Glad I could help :)

The jump is fun, I initially slowed down for it then settled for just a lift and downshift as I take off. Full throttle was very dangerous. IMO I would leave the jump as it is or if you have to, make it safe for a wide range of cars like LilSki said.

Maybe some of the extended bit could be a bit narrower, it might be too wide for slower cars. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything, you've done a really good job.

Extended circuit was all 10m wide at first, I have widened that long C curve up to 14m and it has big camber, I hope it could be nice spot for overtakes, few other curves were widened from 10 to 11 or 12 meters. I might make the left hander right after the big jump a 10m again (I think it is 12 now), it will make braking zone to start sooner, and eventually there will be less jump, because youd overshoot th turn if you go too fast anyway, plus you can't brake while wheels are not touching tarmac. One more interesting thing about the right hander after the jump is that when it was 10m wide, it was causing very nice constant angle oversteer, some weird thing which I don't remember experiencing anywhere else, I guess that was result of slope, grip, curve speed , trajectory and camber combinations. After I have slightly widened the curve that effect is almost gone. It was interesting to almost floor 917K and have an oversteer and not to spin out, nor get straight for almost full second, maybe tiny bit more.

k2ZjO9N.jpg

Anyone could tell me what laptimes this car was doing on dry and on wet surface ? At the moment I'm very happy about fake not real placebo not actual wet track physics.

I wish there was reflection of the car, on the surface, and some reflections renderings are popping up too late. Other than that it is pretty nice.

Ayone interested in trying it ?

@LilSki Yeah I think so too, I'm leaving most of it to be 10m, and just a few parts wider - for overtake/defend challange. There are plenty of kerbs, they also makes it a little bit less challenging. The real track probably didn't have kerbs, I'll visit that site on the next trip.

I tried the extended version with a few cars and that gave me mixed feelings. For cars like the 917/30 it felt too much stop-and-go (frightning nontheless to push it to the limit). I then picked the Lotus 49 and loved it :D I should have tried the 250F or W125 :p
Would be nice to continue this.

I noticed the bumpy braking zone disappeared, and the drainage cover didn't give as much of a kick as before. Is that intentional?

Great work :thumbsup:

Correct. 917/30 is not stop and go, it is almost as fast as GroupC there.

I see nobody cares about wet track, perhaps Kunos are right, majority of simracers doesn't care about rain, I don't remember AOSTA wet track mod being a bang in community as well.

Oh well...

I didn't test it yet but from the pictures the wet surface just like driving on a mirror, it is too flat. Maybe make some custom dust which looks like rain and then in the surface.ini turn dust pickup on the tarmac to 1. Maybe you have to redo the dust sound as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back