Tracks Nemuno Žiedas 1987-Present

The track is not damp, it is actually all wet. It is just approximation it is a mod, for rough idea of driving on the very wet track. IRL the steep slopes wouldn't be as wet as flat places, dips would have much more water. So obviously grip would change a lot in different sections of the track, as it would look differently. This is just rough very simplified approximation, to have approximated wet track grip and pace.

I took inspiration from this, I have odd sense of fun, I guess:

Obviously track is very very wet there, and track must be really flat, so there is standing water everywhere.

and of course this:

The track is not that much wet, but it is enough wet to take 25 seconds off pace, as GT40 at Goodwood can do 1'21 with good conditions. Brack did 1'46'7. Temperature probably matters even more for wet track, and I guess it was cold day.

I guess you are talking about spray, dunno maybe. I hope it would not kill performance, it probably would. I remember something like that has been done to AOSTA. But wasn't included into main download.

I'd love reflections not to look that flat, but reflection shader doesn't use normal maps. But I'm sure it can look like this immediately after heavy rain, or during it :D But people crash on dry track often enough.

I had a chance to give the dry version a quick go, and I think that's going to be a lot of when there's some more visual queues in there :)

As for the wet version - I'd love wet weather, but I'm really on interested in it if it's full-featured. I want the rain falling, I want the puddles and proper visuals, I want the off-line being fastest until things start drying up, I want the rain spray, I want it all to be dynamic. The draw for wet weather, to me, is more about the atmosphere than simply the grip level. In rF2 I pretty much only drove the Eve F2 car at classic Spa, and pretty much always in the rain. I love a good wet weather, if all the pieces are in place. Unfortunately AC just doesn't have that.

Agree, me too, but you can have very basic experience. Features and visuals are nice, but the main thing is to have a challenge. That being said the goal is not to replicate it, which is not possible. But to take a slice of experience. Obviously it is not completely right, because there aren't such thing as hydroplanning and then gripping up. Though it would be possible to make many different surfaces with different friction levels, it still wouldn't be it, but something. I learned that even 2percent of grip is huge difference. If you'd try the track you'd notice how car grips up when it enters black tarmac at esses, and the difference is only 2percents.

It is all about placebo, and having a basic practice for such conditions. And you can indeed feel steering being light, the need of making very quick and sharp steering movements to set the car, a lot of "rally" driving, smooth transitions from acceleration and braking, a lot of driving on high revs without rushing to shift. It is simply similar, but not quite exact.. It is not actual wet track. It is like a fake polygon which, by the way, are used in real life. If you'd look at Depailler onboard, it is kinda it, water all over the place, one big puddle, only difference is that in AC tires spitting water out of the contact patch is not simulated, so hydroplaning, and gripping up has to be averaged and approximated.

Thats just for low standards guys like me, who just want to build some new skill. And have a placebo.

By the way no simulator is completely exact. Placebo is your friend.

Ok, I don't beg to use it, I'm happy enough that people are trying out the normal version :)

No loss, it took me 15 minutes to do the effect, and another 15 to adjust it. I love the result. For me car behaves as expected on clean very wet track with no dry patches, just perhaps too much grip on high speed, and too little on low, thats because hydroplaning not happening. But I believe that in particular range of speed it should be right.

TBH I was really bored with my own track, I must have done at least 500 of laps there, at least. Having extended layout + wet version just makes it fresh for me again.

I made some outline pictures:
Fastlap:
outline.png

Extended:
outline.png

@ltcars Hmm I don't know, I got really mixed up right now when started driving in wet and extended versions a lot lol

But I'll try to choose, 3-4 official cars per layout.

FastLap layout: F40, E30 GR.A, 908LH, 2-Eleven.
Extended layout: 917K, 250F, Type 49, 458.
Wet layout: 312T, 787B, M3 E92, 911 GT3 Cup.

Well, probably tomorow would choose other cars :D

I don't know what to suggest for you, Alfa GTA ? 718 RS ? Honda S800 RSC ? AE85 ?

I can't wait to try old and new Miata on wet. Ok... fake wet. Also to try NetKar Pro... wet track.

I detected awesome video from Nemuno Žiedas, Fast Lap event, uploaded long time ago...this monday.

Will I be able to do any justice for this ? So nice. Even though the track needs a lot of repairing it is super nice anyway, or perhaps its imperfection is nice too somehow ? Anyway, would choose safety over beauty anytime :D (IRL)

Sorry, no mod progress lately.

Try this just out of interest, it is bad on low speed, but in racing speed should be similar to wet track, at least with some cars it is not so bad for me, and I have a lot of fun, but not with every car.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/wet-nordschleife.14832/

Hi Mantas !

I've been testing your track for an hour, the first 3 laps were like mission impossible, but once you learn the track its awesome!!! I've been testing with the e30 grA and managed to do 1.16.5 (best theorical was at 1.16.0) on optimum grip 20° et mid clear conditions, the wet track combined with G&B weather feels so real lol. Didn't tried yet the extended version of it, but atm i think it's very good track, better than all other short tracks (nurb sprint, magione etc)

Thanks for spending so much time to test the circuit ! :) Pretty good laptimes, faster than mine ! Yeah wet track placebo kicks in rather well with some combos. I use Wagnum graphics mod, very happy with it.

I wish I had a bit more spare time right now, but I have already improved visual appearance quite a bit, a lot of stuff left to do :)

I had an invitation to VR studio to test my track, thanks to V-Rshop located in Kaunas :) I was amazed by depth perception with VR, track is really pretty accurate, few little things are still bothering me, but basically track is rather accurate IMO Elevations with VR feels really amazing, hills seems much steeper, like they does in real life. Incredible feeling when going through tire chicane. Haven't tried racing, but I guess it is blast to race with VR. But I'd still wait for a few more years for technology to evolve a bit more. But places like V-Rshop is perfect solution. I tested official track -Monza, for comparison, seems like quality differences in VR are much more noticeable, especially shader mistakes, and tiny gaps in the mesh (there are some in my track), texture imperfections. It was very nice and useful to try my track with VR.

Wow, thats huge effort from you, I'm very thankful for that ! :)

Your intenet must have as low upload speed as mine - 0.5mb/s, but I can not upload big files at all because it is very unstable.

I wish you will not have those problems, it would be terrible to find in the morning that there was some kind of "interruption"....

Yeah I guess I was early on the throttle (or to much) that's where I lost this half second ( speaking of which I love how I did the lap before :D), and yeah on the wet I was very careful cause the car was drifting as soon as i was on throttle ( I don't know if i should but diff power was set to 40 on dry and 60 on wet).
The last corner in 5 gear at "high speed" and counter steering is a blast !

So yeah, thank you for this track, imo it is very very fun !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back