Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Yeah Robert said the same about offline FFB issues but it was a first for me. Such a pain in the rear.

I only ran one 15 minute session in the Maserati and non-tuned so reckon it is definitely capable of getting into the 13's. Then again tuned I think most of the cars are capable of much better speeds than I have attained so far but maybe at the expense of comfort.

The setups are really restricted for those cars aren't they? When I looked it seemed the only possible alterations were to tyre pressure and one other thing that escapes me at the meoment.

It's tyre pressure & brake balance on the 1st page. It hit RT it shuffles along to other options like Alignment/Stance/Differential/Aero/Springs/Dampers/Drivetrain

Ive got down to a 1:12.7 in the Ford & that's with some quick tuning :thumbsup:

It's tyre pressure & brake balance on the 1st page. It hit RT it shuffles along to other options like Alignment/Stance/Differential/Aero/Springs/Dampers/Drivetrain

Yeah but when I checked those options in one of the cars we are running at the oval pretty much everything was greyed out except for a couple.

I haven't tried the Lambo yet... i'll be going home for lunch if you are going to be around so will try it then? Just give it a couple of attemtps at getting me in a race though and if it doesn't work we'll leave it rather than lose more time.

Yea, 8am my time. See you then.

Regarding the banning of cars I have no particular issue with banning but of course we would have to make that across the board whenever a car is found to be faster than others. Although the goalpost on that is moving daily at the moment lol. Maybe we should just make it a series where only one car is available then there are no issues at all as everyone will be in the same boat.

I am happy to race any car but we need to know early so no one does any unneccesary running in a car that is then made unavailable.

I was half kidding with the Maserati. I think the class is fair enough equal that 90% of the difference will be made through running 1000 laps (Peter this especially applies to you and me, but we don't have to do it per day) for every track and comfort with the car. Even if the Maserati were faster, I'd crash it. lol.

Myself and Robert had a quick run out at Willow this morning… after a lot of messing about trying to get me into a lobby.. my connection woes continue to deteriorate it seems!! Both of us had the no FFB problem that Michael highlighted previously. I have never experienced it before so it was a first for me but made a mess of our race. After quitting out and starting again the same thing happened but after turning the wheel off and then on again FFB was back. However, it felt very muted to me.. far removed from what I had become used to in my offline sessions. Do you find this as well @Michael Watts ? I am not sure whether this is as a result of the strange non-FB issue or just a general problem with reduced FFB when online but either way it’s a real shame and certainly detracts from the experience. I am hoping it’s a one-off and things will be back to normal next time I am online but I’ll report back as and when that happens.

So it does mean that there will have to be a pace lap as Michael suggested to give us all a chance to check whether we have FFB or not and to reset our wheels to get it back (hopefully) This in turn does mean we will have to run with no AI in our races unless an alternative solution can be found as there will likely be carnage as they start racing while we are working out what’s going on with our wheels.

The A.I., at least on "hard" are simply unacceptable. They create pileups in the middle of the track, they crash so as to seemingly target you specifically and, of course, they disregard your position on the track. My idea was for this to just be a race against each other and the clock. More fun than realistic, since the game itself gives you an extra jolt of realism every lap.

So yea, Michael's idea was the best one, and I'll put it in the rules. We could even do qualifying with this format, so chime in on that if you have a preference. It would shorten the races a bit but not much.

I shall test that later not done oval running as you know not a fan :laugh:
Boothy you are too funny. Your "test" on an oval will consist of jumping in the car, upgrading the engine parts to max PI, then running 5 laps until the race, where you beat us all, or flip over the turn 4 wall trying to catch Watts.

Peter, you use the pedals to switch to different tuning sectors. I'm sure you knew that already though. As far as the Oval car goes. I've got my Dodge Challenger at C-999 but I started with Grip first putting Semi-slicks on there. Then I Unlocked Race suspension I believe, then used what was left to upgrade the engine (im not at home but just going from memory). You can only adjust what you have purchased as an upgrade while still staying under 999, kind of like Forza in that aspect. Due to the fact we are on fairly short courses I went for grip instead of HP. But technically you could go the other way. Just like the GT1 and GT3 cars it's a limited class. If you want to run C-870 you can ;)

****, I'll never be as fast as you Boothy, but I don't mind second, LoL. I was surprised to beat your time with the Ford in the first place. Just goes to show what each car is capable in the right hands. @Matthew Booth should change your name to the Stig :thumbsup:, and benchmark all of these cars. The lap I ran was sort of on the ragged edge for me, scary fast with a FFB wheel. I'm sure I'll be running more conservatively in a race...Mistakes happen too quickly at those speeds :confused:.

Reactions: Rob
****, I'll never be as fast as you Boothy, but I don't mind second, LoL. I was surprised to beat your time with the Ford in the first place. Just goes to show what each car is capable in the right hands. @Matthew Booth should change your name to the Stig :thumbsup:, and benchmark all of these cars. The lap I ran was sort of on the ragged edge for me, scary fast with a FFB wheel. I'm sure I'll be running more conservatively in a race...Mistakes happen too quickly at those speeds :confused:.

If it makes you feel any better i couldn't be the The Stig cos ive never driven a car (not 1 single lesson) :laugh: So that job is yours :ninja:

. I have been racing in the static cockpit view more recently while getting used to the game but am wanting to go back to the helmet cam for a bit more realism..
I think the cockpit view and the helmet view both have the "look to apex" feature, no?
I really wish i could turn it off. it makes me feel like i'm not controlling the car (not that i'm doing a good job of it anyway)
I'll try some of the settings that @Robert Waddell has posted a link to. I hope i can get use to the cockpit and figure these cars out, otherwise i'm gonna be out of this.

Peter, you use the pedals to switch to different tuning sectors. I'm sure you knew that already though. As far as the Oval car goes. I've got my Dodge Challenger at C-999 but I started with Grip first putting Semi-slicks on there. Then I Unlocked Race suspension I believe, then used what was left to upgrade the engine (im not at home but just going from memory). You can only adjust what you have purchased as an upgrade while still staying under 999, kind of like Forza in that aspect. Due to the fact we are on fairly short courses I went for grip instead of HP. But technically you could go the other way. Just like the GT1 and GT3 cars it's a limited class. If you want to run C-870 you can ;)
Oh I wasn't looking at doing any upgrades. So unless you upgrade you can't tune those cars, is that correct? I went with whatever car you set your time with and then looked at all the tuning options and only the tyres and brakes (I think) were availbale to tune, everything else was greyed out.

I'll have another look tonight if I get on.

So are all these upgrade options things you have to buy with money won in game as opposed to being available through the all cars and events dlc? If so that changes things drastically :confused:

I think the cockpit view and the helmet view both have the "look to apex" feature, no?
I really wish i could turn it off. it makes me feel like i'm not controlling the car (not that i'm doing a good job of it anyway)
I'll try some of the settings that @Robert Waddell has posted a link to. I hope i can get use to the cockpit and figure these cars out, otherwise i'm gonna be out of this.
No the first cockpit view is static and the second one (you can tell becasue you can see part of the helmet) is the one with the look to apex feature.

Yeah but when I checked those options in one of the cars we are running at the oval pretty much everything was greyed out except for a couple.

The key to "tuning" the oval car is buying parts that can be tuned. However, I have stayed away from that (ARBs, race diff, etc.) in general, except gearbox and maybe one other essential like one level diff. I don't think the tuning on ovals makes as much as a difference as, say, a set of race slicks or a much more powerful engine. You just need the car to turn left really, and slowly at that, so there is no great skill involved in the precision, but there is in the gearing, tires, and neutrality in the corners. Once you are in that rythym, the engine shoudl be strong.

Remember, you can upgrade the oval cars to as high as you want in "C" class. That's where a new level of strategy comes in, since others may disagree.

Oh I wasn't looking at doing any upgrades. So unless you upgrade you can't tune those cars, is that correct? I went with whatever car you set your time with and then looked at all the tuning options and only the tyres and brakes (I think) were availbale to tune, everything else was greyed out.

I'll have another look tonight if I get on.

So are all these upgrade options things you have to buy with money won in game as opposed to being available through the all cars and events dlc? If so that changes things drastically :confused:

This will be no problem. You have already probably won enough money to upgrade your one oval car.

No the first cockpit view is static and the second one (you can tell becasue you can see part of the helmet) is the one with the look to apex feature.

Keep in mind @Karl Fuss that these cars are going to feel entirely different than F1 or Autosport. For many reasons. Most of us like the feel and the immersion. Don't give up too quickly, because it's great when you hit the sweet spot. I think the most stable and reliably decent car is the Corvette. But test them all with the tunes on the website. You will find one, I'm sure. Oh, and the GT3 cars are much less of a handful.

I'll check but I have not actually run many events so not sure in all honesty unless the upgrade parts are from Bobs corner shop lol

I'm not hearing it this time. lol. Talk to the hand. There is no separation between offline and online money. and you can still get money if you play online in certain instances, but it's not needed. The upgrades to the stock car is nothing. And they probably do come from Bob's "Yank 'Em and Crank 'Em" salvage yard.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back