Modding Questions Thread

hi all i modded the tyre wear levels so that there would be around 2/3 pitstops in a race, this worked however i have a slight isuue in that now torro rosso, mercedes and all three backmarker teams do not pit at all, can i fix this and if so how?
Thanks for any help:thumbsup:

hi all i modded the tyre wear levels so that there would be around 2/3 pitstops in a race, this worked however i have a slight isuue in that now torro rosso, mercedes and all three backmarker teams do not pit at all, can i fix this and if so how?
Thanks for any help:thumbsup:

I modified the tyre wear levels, but i stop this and i decide to change only the "life time" of the tyre in the "tyres" section inside database file. Play around with the values.

I play races with 5 laps in 25% (100% = 20 laps), i change tyres values to made supersoft tyres have a 3-4 laps of "life time", and the other tyres have 4-5-6-7 laps.

PS: When i modified the "tyres" section only, the AIs go to pit the same i most do it.

Sorry bad english bro

:roflmao:

25%=5 Laps and 1 Pitstop
50%=10 Laps and 2 Pitstops
100%=20 Laps and 3 or 4 Pitstops

What values i most change to get this pitstop scalling? i play 100% 20 laps and they made only one stop because the "tyre change warning", not for the strategy.

I change life time of the tyres, i made supersoft tyres take a maximun of 10 laps to get red, and when i made a 100% race the AIs dont stop untill the "tyre change warning". (17th Lap)

I just want to made the pitstop scalling, can anyone help me? please :roflmao:

Thank you

• Deleted member 137812

25%=5 Laps and 1 Pitstop
50%=10 Laps and 2 Pitstops
100%=20 Laps and 3 or 4 Pitstops

What values i most change to get this pitstop scalling? i play 100% 20 laps and they made only one stop because the "tyre change warning", not for the strategy.

I change life time of the tyres, i made supersoft tyres take a maximun of 10 laps to get red, and when i made a 100% race the AIs dont stop untill the "tyre change warning". (17th Lap)

I just want to made the pitstop scalling, can anyone help me? please :roflmao:

Thank you
Thats not as easy as it seems, it took a lot of time to get it right.
Here is some explanation I've just sent to Kartik

Thats not as easy as it seems, its hard to find the correct value since it has a negative correlation. If you increase the tyre wear the pit stop strategy decreases, so I wouldnt try to get the right values. As you can see in my database I found the right values at track_tyre_wear_level for 50% and 75% races, which are 0.5 and 1.0. (Since 100% is 0, its not as easy as it seems). But,these values are paired with other values (the team wear rate). Team wear rate has to be at 1.00 for 100% races, 1.5 for 75% races and 2.0 for 50% races, to keep this matched.
Another thing you have to do is that you have to multiply tyre values with the race distance, so for 75% you have to multiply each compound with 0.75.

As you can see this takes a lot of time and values to get it right, and the system doesnt work properly. They made different tyre wear levels for tracks but since they work with a negative correlation it doesnt work, each track has the same tyre wear.

• Deleted member 137812

Does F1Pole.de copy mods and paste them on their own site? I dont see any references to modders here and I dont know who made them?

Thats not as easy as it seems, it took a lot of time to get it right.
Here is some explanation I've just sent to Kartik

Thats not as easy as it seems, its hard to find the correct value since it has a negative correlation. If you increase the tyre wear the pit stop strategy decreases, so I wouldnt try to get the right values. As you can see in my database I found the right values at track_tyre_wear_level for 50% and 75% races, which are 0.5 and 1.0. (Since 100% is 0, its not as easy as it seems). But,these values are paired with other values (the team wear rate). Team wear rate has to be at 1.00 for 100% races, 1.5 for 75% races and 2.0 for 50% races, to keep this matched.
Another thing you have to do is that you have to multiply tyre values with the race distance, so for 75% you have to multiply each compound with 0.75.

As you can see this takes a lot of time and values to get it right, and the system doesnt work properly. They made different tyre wear levels for tracks but since they work with a negative correlation it doesnt work, each track has the same tyre wear.

YES!!!!!!!! :roflmao: Works perfect, i take your values for 50% races with team wear in 2,0, track wear level in 0,5 and multiplying per tyre with 0.5.

Final result:

25% 5 Laps with 1 Pitstop
50% 10 Laps with 2 Pitstop
100% 20 Laps with 3 Pitstop

Exactly what i want :D

Thank you :thumbsup:

Anyone know how I can fix this
Untitled.jpg

is in the maclaren model, the first driver I get the right color is green, but in the other, colors come out wrong in the game, and checked several times mc2_main and mc2_main_specocc.tga , and it seems all right, can be the fault of another file?

Anyone know how I can fix this
View attachment 36224
is in the maclaren model, the first driver I get the right color is green, but in the other, colors come out wrong in the game, and checked several times mc2_main and mc2_main_specocc.tga , and it seems all right, can be the fault of another file?
I could be wrong, but i think in the mc there were two paint areas for this, maybe you just checked on of the areas and the other was wrong???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back