Modding Questions Thread

It works, everything has to be the same as the existing image though.
So filetype, texel format and image size

here only change raikonnen and grojean to german and error picture

dak64t2c.png

here only change raikonnen and grojean to german and error picture

Bro, in b_nonpersistent file in frontend folder, are files with the name card_image_xxx, with the short name of every driver, Kimi Raikkonen is RAI (example), most be a card_image_rai inside the b_nonpersistent file.

If you change the short name, or include a new driver, most include an archive with card_image_xxx as a name of the file, with the short nme on it

thanks to ALKMNDZA & Demy

Ill try to explain the best i can.

If you include a new name or surname in database/f1 drivers. You must include it in language / language_xx.lng.

Add a row with this values:

LNG_Key: db_Name LNG_Value: Name

LNG_Key: db_Name_lc LNG_Value: NAME

The same for the surnames

Now to see the pictures of the drivers, example if you made Johnny Cecotto and you set CECen short name, you must include (add) a image with the name "card_image_cec" in "frontend / b_nonpersistent" file

:roflmao:

This most works for you

In the past (F1 2011 IIRC), I've seen tyre mods (I mean handling and physics, not textures and models) that changed the 'compounds.dat' file. Any way to open that kind of file? I can't find any software to read that data, not even in F1 2011 tools.

not sure if the is the right section to post this.
im having a problem when changing drivers to different teams.
like schumacher to lotus i changed all the textures over so there all working ok.
his helmet and lotus suit work in cut scenes and when driving as him the textures work.
but when i drive in a race as another driver schumachers helmet is not showning in the lotus.
it still shows the orginal gorsjean helmet.
i put schumachers lotus helmet and suit into higtxt_michael_schumacher and lr2_tex_high_01

does anyone know what else i have to do ?

thanks.

Moved to correct thread - Moderator

Hi guys.I´m new in this area,but like you see,i have the pics and the right nations.But i don´t know how i become the right names in :( ...So can anyone explain to me exactly, just for beginners;)Or what i must use for it ...thanks in advance....
2013-02-01_00001.jpg

Hi guys.I´m new in this area,but like you see,i have the pics and the right nations.But i don´t know how i become the right names in :( ...So can anyone explain to me exactly, just for beginners;)Or what i must use for it ...thanks in advance....View attachment 36143

" Ill try to explain the best i can.

If you include a new name or surname in database/f1 drivers. You must include it in language / language_xx.lng.

Add a row with this values:

LNG_Key: db_Name ; LNG_Value: Name

LNG_Key: db_Name_lc ; LNG_Value: NAME

The same for the surnames

Now to see the pictures of the drivers, example if you made Johnny Cecotto and you set CEC as the short name, you must include (add) a image with the name "card_image_cec" in "frontend / b_nonpersistent" file "

Posted by ALKMNDZA ;)

I think we should make a FAQ thread for things like driver names change and something like that? Cause nearly every day someone is asking things which were answered a long time ago? I know there is a FAQ section, but there we could make a thread with simple things like this?

I think we should make a FAQ thread for things like driver names change and something like that? Cause nearly every day someone is asking things which were answered a long time ago? I know there is a FAQ section, but there we could make a thread with simple things like this?
Sorry for asking again ... but I've done everything now anyway;)The next time I search here thorough

• Deleted member 137812

I've did that yesterday

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 2 22.2%