Modding Questions Thread

Hi everybody!

I'm starting the 4th season with the Red Bull and I have noticed that Vettel is never among the best. Never fights to win races and never is in the pole. Every season I have finished it's the same. Surprisingly, Grosjean and Raikkonen are always at the top. They are very fast, just what Vettel should be.
I have started a new season with Red Bull and I'm wining races but Vettel is still at the mid-grid.

Is it possible to make Vettel fast like Renaults? Does anyone else have this situation? And, how can I improve Vettel's performance?

It's clear that the car is not the reason because I'm doing good califications and races with the same car as Vettel, but he is not among the best racers.

Thanks in advance for your answers and help!;)

In the past (F1 2011 IIRC), I've seen tyre mods (I mean handling and physics, not textures and models) that changed the 'compounds.dat' file. Any way to open that kind of file? I can't find any software to read that data, not even in F1 2011 tools.
Check the Ryders Download part you can find the Answer
Hi everybody!
I'm starting the 4th season with the Red Bull and I have noticed that Vettel is never among the best. Never fights to win races and never is in the pole. Every season I have finished it's the same. Surprisingly, Grosjean and Raikkonen are always at the top. They are very fast, just what Vettel should be.
I have started a new season with Red Bull and I'm wining races but Vettel is still at the mid-grid.

Is it possible to make Vettel fast like Renaults? Does anyone else have this situation? And, how can I improve Vettel's performance?

It's clear that the car is not the reason because I'm doing good califications and races with the same car as Vettel, but he is not among the best racers.

Thanks in advance for your answers and help!;)
Adjust his Virtual performance , Speed in Speed out values and Give a lower value for bad day chance like 0.05 and higher value for good day chance like 0.95

I did check Ryders downloads section (here, right? http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/) but didn't find the answer. I can see how to open and edit bxml files, ctf/cvs files and the database.bin file. Also how to extract jpk files and pssg files. Even the language editor.
Nothing about dat files though...
Use the CTF latest Version and place the Compounds.dat file in the same folder of the CTF editor and you can open it

As we all know as soon as we change the database when changing online it "loses connection"
Is there any where else we can speed up or slow down AI through other files (non database)
Even LAN crashes when changing the database file, any suggestions?

Any suggestions welcome?

can someone tell me what each option of graphics options change, for example, "drivers" what exactly change in the game. Or what video settings change "wheels" quality or the tyres qualitys.​

hi guys, i've been trying to make my copy more up to date so i figured I'd add new the new drivers into the game. I've not changed the language files.. for example changing Michael Schumacher to Lewis Hamilton, I've changed Hamilton to drive for Mercedes in the database and have added new drivers like van der garde and max chilton into the database and then wrote in the new parts of the language files. However the game crashes when I try to race with one of these drivers though as I believe it has something to do with the cutscenes. I can race with a different driver in the game, and they'd still race. Could someone let me know what I have to do to fix this as I fear if I started a career or a race it would freeze if one of the new drivers (most likely bottas) was to get on the podium and be a part of a cutscene. Thanks for your time to read this and any help would be awesome XD

If anyone knows - where are the mirrors placed for the mclaren in main file ?
The material that holds the mirrors, are over in the right side, OK. But the "cup" that actually holds the mirrors are the ones I cannot find....

EDIT: found them. Down where the back wings are placed.

Is there an easy way to edit the overall AI strength? I'm looking for something between Pro and Legend.
You can do that in a per-track basis. In database, track_difficulties table iirc
Anyway, take a look in the downloads sections since a "between pro and legend" ai mod has already been done.

is it possible to create the nurburgring for a 2013 update?

No, it isnt possible...
It would just be possible, if you have F1 2011 and convert it to 2012, but the ai will drive strange and for people, who dont have F1 2011 it is illegal, and i am not sure if it is even legal when you have F1 2011...

Hi,
He wrote to you because I have a problem. I used to play I had a lot of interesting f1 mods. Once installed size fashion that I remembered that I had. Unfortunately I have not found that zatrzymywało car modification on the track and not the car disappeared then it is more likely to SC. Now demotywuje and pushes me because in one race after 10 laps driving 13 cars. Please help sorry for my English.

@EDITED my English is not the best. I wanna have mod that leaves car in track. For example :
Vettel hit Webber and webber have crash. He didn't go away. He stay on track ! I have this mod once.
Please help.
MOD: Moved to the modding questions thread. I am struggling to understand exactly what the OP is trying to say. He may be using a mod which increases the the probability of getting a safety car, but it's not working correctly, and half the cars are out of the race.

This is my guess. Maybe one of you guys is familiar with this mod, or can decipher his post better, so be in a better position to help. Cheers :)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 128 70.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 43 23.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 36 19.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 38 20.9%