Modding Questions Thread

in my opinion, f1 2012 is much better than his predecessors, but there are a few points regarding the ai, which are a bit annoying.

for example, in most cases the ai is only overtaking me on a straight (in most cases with drs). it never happens, that the ai is breaking a bit later than me in corners to get past. thats a bit annoying, because even when the ai car behind is faster than me, they only get past on the straight with drs, never in corners.

furthermore, the breaking points in corners of ai cars is really bad, when they are leaving the ideal line. for example, when i'm behind an ai car and the ai car is leaving the ideal line to make it harder for me to overtake, the ai is breaking very very early in the next corner. the result is, that i can stay on the ideal line, breaking just normal for the next corner and get past the ai car.

these are two points which are a bit annoying when playing the game. is it possible, to adjust the corner breaking points of the ai cars? i just set the aggressiveness of the ai cars to maximum, but there was no change.

regards

Has anyone succesfully put Turkey and Nurburgring into F1 2012, from F1 2011?
So far, I have succesfully loaded both tracks, and in initial tests it seems to work fine, but I have not yet tested the pitstops, or anything beyond a couple of laps. Has anyone else discovered any problems in doing this i.e. with pitting, DRS zones, AI behaviour or anything else?
I am trying to prepare these tracks so that I can vary the seasons a bit as I go along :)
I'm happy to outline how I did it if anyone wants to know, but I have not uploaded any files, as you will need to own both games to do this legally :)

it may be funny but do you have an answer other than lol ?

I think the LOL is mean't to signify that using tracks,cars etc from other titles are not generally allowed to either be used as a mod or really be discussed in the forums, and that this thread will probably be closed down very shortly.

ok, that's no problem, but if a person owns both games then there really is no reason to have that policy.
Let's face it, most uploaded mods are actually USING amended files from an original game, and I am not even doing that, so there is NOTHING wrong in discussing it as far as I can see. But of course that's a matter for RD. Thanks for the heads up :)

The ammended files part is fine, as long as they are coming from the existing game that is due to be modded.

Using files from other titles/games is where the issue lays.

Either providing files or a source of how to change files between titles could make it easy for someone to lets say mod a previous title almost to the spec of a current title and have no need to purchase the current title.

That is where legal issues could come into effect.

The ammended files part is fine, as long as they are coming from the existing game that is due to be modded.

Using files from other titles/games is where the issue lays.

Either providing files or a source of how to change files between titles could make it easy for someone to lets say mod a previous title almost to the spec of a current title and have no need to purchase the current title.

That is where legal issues could come into effect.

No problem, I don't want to cause problems or break any house rules, or encourage anything illegal. :)

When i will drive Nurburgring, than i am re-install F1 2011, when i will race Hockenheim i start the exe. of F1 2012, when i will all Circuts of the world, i install all F1 Games on the market. In year 2012 dont`t given the circuits Nurburgring and Turkey and Austria A1 and and and ...
Fazit (german): Deshalb ein dickes Lol from me

Maybe, but my point was that the F1 2012 CAREER continues into 2013, when Nurburgring WILL be back in the calendar. Anyway, it matters not.

Anyone got a hold on the safety car chance in the database? I still don't understand what the numbers from 1 to 13 mean and if going towards 1 makes the sc come out more or less.. anyone can help me pls? I still didnt see the sc and im almost finishing the 2nd season....
Thx in advance !!

Hello there guys. I've been playing this game and really like it. I only play it now and again when i have time. I only use pro and found that was just about right for me. With the update that made pro even faster its started to get to hard to keep up.

I have downloaded a few database's from here and found them to be to slow or to fast. I wanted to have ago at editing the file to my own liking. Thing is im not sure what i should be changing. Just wanna make the pro just like it used to be. With a few changes to the AI drives along the way, as i think codemasters got a few wrong.

Would someone be willing to share how the make the AI just a bit slower pls? If i manage to do it i will be willing to share it.....

Many thanks for reading all.

Look under track_difficulties in the database. There you'll find values for each level, 1 is for legend and you can everything change it to your liking.;)

When i will drive Nurburgring, than i am re-install F1 2011, when i will race Hockenheim i start the exe. of F1 2012, when i will all Circuts of the world, i install all F1 Games on the market. In year 2012 dont`t given the circuits Nurburgring and Turkey and Austria A1 and and and ...
Fazit (german): Deshalb ein dickes Lol from me
Sorry...what?

Sorry...what?

I think he is calling everybody English stupid/thick/dumbasses....whichever way you look at it.

I would dearly like to say whats on my mind back......but don't want to be in Simberia until next summer.

First of all...
Ok, i know there's a section for requests, but this is and it is not a request at the same time.:O_o:
I just want to see if i can get some help from other modders to do a helmet cam for the first time in CM's F1 titles.

So, what i really want is a helmet cam, but i want to be able to see the helmet. This for sure is not an easy task, I was searching for this mod for F1 2010/11/12 and no luck, so if no one made it...

I was trying to do this and i wasn't able to do it because of some rendering issues. Im guessing that adding the helmet as a 2D image on the screen can look ugly (but maybe possible) and hard, probably replacing an element of the OSD.

So, i was trying to enable it in the cockpit cam, it is possible, the only problem is that the game doesn't render some parts of the helmet and it renders the visor, but without transparency, i did a quick search on some files but i wasn't able to found it, maybe someone?

This is what i get without the transparency:

screenshot14749.png

I believe that adding transparency and making it render the invisible parts its the best solution, but also, i believe its possible to use a 2D image, replacing an osd element like the rev counter and changing its screen position.

Thanks in advance guys

Hey,
Title says it.. Editing the sound/music files.. im sic of always hearing the same startup song over and over again..
how do i change it?... ive tried looking on how to convert the soundfiles but cant find it..
is it possible?

Anyone noticed that the lighting in Abu Dhabi:

Practice 3 is in full daylight, and then slowly turns to dusk. Which is fine.

Now, those of us who know about how Formula 1 sessions work over the course of a weekend, Practice 3 comes only a few hours before qualifying on the same day.

But then when i got to qualifying in the game, it was back at full peak sunlight.

How did they get this wrong?

They had perfect progression of lighting in F1 2011, why could they not have kept this?

And as you might guess, my next question is, can we fix this?
Because unlike in 2011, there is no "sky_presets.xml" in the 2012 Abu Dhabi file . So im a little stumped.

Any Clues?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea