Modding Questions Thread

I need to know how to replace my original career helmet with one of mines. May I ask how to do this? Thanks in advance. :)
Open up the helmet you want to overwrite in the Ryder pssg editor (the path is usually C: -program files - codemasters - F1 2012 - characters - bespokehelmets) After you have opened up the helmet you wish to overwrite in the pssg editor then click "import" and simply select your own (Make sure that you saved your design as a .DDS file) click save and overwrite whichever crash helmet you please. Make sure to overwrite both the low and high texture versions.

Is it possible to remove Player Connect / Lost Connection Popups In Game, or maybe making it less intrusive would be best.

Its sooo annoying mid-race. (See image below)

2012102300003.jpg

+1, the white line is really annoying, maybe with transparency

I can't save the tga files with pssg editor. How can I do that?

can someone in season 2 or 3 of their career on Legend difficulty please make me a copy of your database file,..so I can see how the AI changes from one season to the next. Working with a friend on a Ferrari Career start mod and it seems the first few rounds the AI is painfully slow. I suppose the game thinks I should be in no better than a Williams,..and the AI is slower because of this?

Perhaps a season 2 or 3 database file will give me some correct values to change,..making season 1 a bit more exciting.

@ KimiRai

You need the ai_driver tab. There is a "aggression" column.
As far as i know the highest value is "1", which means most aggressiv.
"0,1" (or "0" if it works) is the lowest value = least aggressiv

so I have all top teams set at 3 the game didnt crash...do you think the game recognizes the value of "3" ..just ran round 1 and its hard to tell if anything is different.

Anyone found out if you can remove the cinematic pitstop views or is it hardcoded in the exe?
Noticed that in this bbc video showing hamilton entering the pits, the pit stop is in tcam around 1:45

Open up the helmet you want to overwrite in the Ryder pssg editor (the path is usually C: -program files - codemasters - F1 2012 - characters - bespokehelmets) After you have opened up the helmet you wish to overwrite in the pssg editor then click "import" and simply select your own (Make sure that you saved your design as a .DDS file) click save and overwrite whichever crash helmet you please. Make sure to overwrite both the low and high texture versions.

Thanks for the quick answer but something's wrong with my helmet. It is designed for F1 2011. It's Barrichello's Indian version. The textures are mixed. Any solution for this?

Thanks for the quick answer but something's wrong with my helmet. It is designed for F1 2011. It's Barrichello's Indian version. The textures are mixed. Any solution for this?
Yes there is.

You have to redraw it for the 2012 model.

2011 helmets are not compatible for 2012 helmet models.

Is it possible t edit the engineer guy voice?

I would like it, to have it in a way, where it isnt so clear but with a disorder (?)...

If it is possible, could someone make it for me?

Hi everybody,

I would like to change the difficulty level, 'cause the medium level is too easy for me, and the professional one is too hard, so I would like to make AI slower of about 0.5-1 s. / lap when I play on professional. The problem is that I don't know which table I should modify in the database file... Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance ! (And sorry for my bad english...)

Hi everybody,

I would like to change the difficulty level, 'cause the medium level is too easy for me, and the professional one is too hard, so I would like to make AI slower of about 0.5-1 s. / lap when I play on professional. The problem is that I don't know which table I should modify in the database file... Could you help me ?

Thanks in advance ! (And sorry for my bad english...)

I made a bunch of files with a whole set of difficulties with more or less a sec gap. You can download it here or you can edit the Track difficulty values. If you have your own custom database you can just copy and past the values from mine.;)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/custom-database-files.58615/

Yeah I downloaded your database, 'cause it seems to be a great work, but I didn't know which folder I should use... I play on 50% distance, and I want Pro AI one second slower... Which one should I use ?

Yes there is.

You have to redraw it for the 2012 model.

2011 helmets are not compatible for 2012 helmet models.

ML2166? I'm honored my friend. You're one of the best out there. Thanks for the goods you're providing all to of us. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with photo editing. It's ok though! Thanks for your answer. If someone wants to do a R. Barrichello HD version I'd be very thankful to him. Cheers.

Yeah I downloaded your database, 'cause it seems to be a great work, but I didn't know which folder I should use... I play on 50% distance, and I want Pro AI one second slower... Which one should I use ?

You can use the Pro-50. If you choose legend in the game you'll be on the old pro level before it was patched so it is slightly slower than the new pro. Or just choose pro ingame if it is still too fast.

Looking to make a audio Q with a .5 second interval sound and a unique sound to tel you when DRS has been turned on and off.
Will remove the need to look at the hud or wheel.
Any ideas are welcome.

i would like to upload this helmet i converted from rfactor central, am i allowed to?

kimi's 2008 monaco helmet

In theory we are fine with you sharing your work on here but since it's been converted from another game you'll need to take the following into account:

- Was the original helmet created from scratch, did the creator create every single bit on it's own and did not use any textures created by ISI?
- Did you get written approval from the modder to publish your conversion?
- Do you intend to give proper credit where credit is due? I.e. to the original modder or the creator of a template you've used.

If all of the points above can be answered with yes, you're free to post your conversion. If not, please refrain from posting your conversion.

Tom

Hi. Can someone answer my simple question. How do I make a preview image from my custom made helmet. My style has been to take print screens out of the ML2166 3d model but it kinda looks dull without any reflections. I have seen awesome preview pictures made to a helmet someone has created. good example is the picture ML has as his avatar now or the picture he made to his own helmet collection for F1 2011. With a car there and Sabine sitting on it and the helmets in a row at the front of the car. Srry about possible typos but im tired :D and I hope someone at least understood what im looking for.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.