Modding Questions Thread

Got a question for you guys. Anyone know the values in AI_Driver that I should edit in the database to make certain drivers slower/faster? I want to edit the files to adjust the AI performance for this year.

They are self explanatory really, so far I have found aggression and control appear to make quite a bit of difference (on a scale of 0 to 1, 1 is the most aggression or best control), but you can alter any of the settings in this way and should see some change. I think the only one that is the opposite way round is driver mistakes, - 0 is very poor (more mistakes) and 1 is excellent (no mistakes), so it should probably be called driving consistency.
I have not tried speed in and speed out yet.
I suggest experimenting with one of the top drivers at first - for example if you make Hamilton 0.1 in aggression and control , you should find him quite a bit slower. Do this till you get a feel for the effects, then change them however you want.
But it's probably a good idea to avoid using 'return to garage' or accelerated time while doing these experiments, or you might be fooled by the lap times. It needs a bit of time and patience as you really only get a good feel if the changes have worked by doing a lot of testing and running some races.

As long as you back up your database first you can always put it back the way it was :)

Keith Windsor

Yeah, then i understood it right.

But another question: What is the meaning of: ai_performance_variation_tierX?

I mean, i know that, but in it, the numbers: 1 is the best and 16 the worst i think. But what is the meaning of them? Why not like in the other files with for example 0,98 for a good thing and 0,57 for a bad?

Hope you undersatnd what i mean.

(so much mean :D)

And the virtual qualifying speed or somehing like thatb is how they perform when you skip Q, right?

Keith Windsor

Yeah, then i understood it right.

But another question: What is the meaning of: ai_performance_variation_tierX?

I mean, i know that, but in it, the numbers: 1 is the best and 16 the worst i think. But what is the meaning of them? Why not like in the other files with for example 0,98 for a good thing and 0,57 for a bad?

Hope you undersatnd what i mean.

(so much mean :D)

And the virtual qualifying speed or somehing like thatb is how they perform when you skip Q, right?

ai_performance_variation_tier1 to 5 stands for year 1 to 5. This and ai_performance_tier_scenarios work together.

You'll see there are 16 different scerarios and 16 being one with no effect. scenario 1, 2 and 3 are only in year one although 16 will be in every year.

So each team will have a certain scenario for a specific race, example:

Team 21, Mclaren in 2nd year, race 13 there is a value of 6. If you look under ai_performance_tier_scenarios you'll see in line uid-6 the engine change will be 10bhp but there is only a 50% chance that it will be positive and a 40% chance that it will happen at all.

Check in the database schema xml file for explanations;)

I thought about doing so changes but it just seemed like way too much work and testing.:coffee:

So it is enough, when i change the ai_drivers and the team performance?

Becaus ei want a "mod" for F1 2013 and thats only one season, so its not that important, right?

Hello !

A big thank you for your work, but I need help...
I downloaded helmets, I put it in Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\characters\bespokehelmets\ but when I play, it's always the originals helmets :(
Could someone tell me what I do as an error ?
Thank you :)

PS : si c'est en français c'est encore mieux ;)

Titced

When you install a helmet mod, it will tell you what helmet it replaces. You MUST select that helmet in your Profile.

If the files that that go in your bespokehelmets are called :-

Example 1:

gen_03_tex_high.pssg
gen_03_tex_low.pssg

Then in your game profile you must use Helmet Number 3

Example 2:

gen_22_tex_high.pssg
gen_22_tex_low.pssg

With this one you must select and use Helmet Number 22 in your game profile

When you select the helmet in your profile, you might SEE a picture of the OLD helmet, but when you are playing in game you will see the new helmet

can't someone tell me how to modify cameras.xml to center the tv-pod camera, its little on the left and i want it to be centered... please help, what's the name of the camera in the cameras.xml file

f120122012110610051530.jpg

I want this camera to be centered, its different it focus more on the car and driver, but its little on the left, I want it to be on the middle, what is the name of this camera in the camera.xml file? please tell me, thx

f120122012110610051530.jpg

I want this camera to be centered, its different it focus more on the car and driver, but its little on the left, I want it to be on the middle, what is the name of this camera in the camera.xml file? please tell me, thx

Bruce Banner has already told you, just cycle through your cameras, there is already a centred T-Cam as one of the default cameras. Just press the C key or your camera cycle button.

Is there a way to replace the player helmet model with the helmet model
your pitcrew uses?

Getting the model there may be possible, but the textures for the helmet would have to come from pitcrew files, which also means you'd hve to import the pitcrew model aswell otherwise the texture layout wouldn't match.

So based on this, model=possibly, textures=no.

Besides, the helmet models used by the pitcrew are a very low poly count model, which would probably look awful up close on a driver.

Getting the model there may be possible, but the textures for the helmet would have to come from pitcrew files, which also means you'd hve to import the pitcrew model aswell otherwise the texture layout wouldn't match.

So based on this, model=possibly, textures=no.

Besides, the helmet models used by the pitcrew are a very low poly count model, which would probably look awful up close on a driver.
I can't say for sure, i haven't looked. But i guess is even worst, probably the pitcrew model with helmets don't use helmet model, maybe they are modded with the helmet instead of their heads. Just a though, but anyway, would be very nice to use those helmets :p

I can't say for sure, i haven't looked. But i guess is even worst, probably the pitcrew model with helmets don't use helmet model, maybe they are modded with the helmet instead of their heads. Just a though, but anyway, would be very nice to use those helmets :p

The helmet model for the pitcrew is a seperate object, I can seperate the pitcreew and leave just the helmet, and skin it, but it still has to be skinned from the pitcrew pssg file.

I have previously tried skinning it with a drivers helmet, but no matter what scripts etc I threw at it, the texture wouldn't apply correctly.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.