Modding Programs / Modding Questions

I'm working on something like that :)

Behold:
2sbo6ko.jpg

I'm thinking of releasing the camera mod as-is. I want to center the HUD, though.

It direly needs high res textures on the cars, though :p

I might raise the view a little and increase the FOV, I'm not entirely satisfied with this setup.

I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, sick of looking at two wheels :p
Please tell me, where do I set the FOV ?
Btw I run eyefinity, don't know if that makes a diff...
TIA

Hi all.

I found some problems with my client after installed Mods.When i use "clear" client 1.2 patch all work good, but when im install old graphics mods (helmets, HD textures) my game stop saving my setups and time trial times. What i surpose to do?

• Deleted member 6919

I had the same problem aswell.I ve made a clean install,made backup of original flow.bin and then i ve patched the game to v 1.2.Then i copied the orig flow.bin over the other.It worked for me so far.I have my own made loose parts.xml

Which flow.bin did you backup m8? the original that came with the game? or patch 1.1? did you actually use patch 1.1 or did you go straight to 1.2?

@drtechno You need to use the fergo bin xml to convert the file, using a hex editor will not work for this file. Find that file on the old dl database of RD.

@apocalyptic I don't think anyone has tried but I urge you to test it out yourself and look for anything to edit having to do with penalties.

Don't forget, AI and database mods disable the autosave feature after patch 2 and so you need the earlier version of the flow.bin file in your system folder to get the game to autosave again.

I am new to the forum so I'd ask a few questions:
1-The mod applies to all modes of the games?
2-When I have mod files, I change the mod files for the game original files?
3-I have a big problem. In curve 6 at the Nurburgring, the AI cars driving off the track. What mod correct that?

Thanks!

Hi,
I hope some of you graphical experts knows the answer to this:
I am doing a new fantasy car texture for F1 2011, like the one here www.romers.dk that was made for F1 2010. Not uploaded yet though. It will be. I am no graphical expert, but quite experienced in doing the design, logos etc, via Paint Shop Pro and The Compressonator as I do not know Photoshop.

My question is this: When looking at the purple stripes in this example from Mclaren file from F1 2010, what do these “flowing” purple stripes do ?
F1 2010
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/f12010mc0mainspecocc.jpg/

F1 2011 (also mclaren example from F1 2011)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/f12011mc1mainspecocc.jpg/

The purple stripes are not present in F 2011, and I have read somewhere on the net, that the lighter the areas are in the specocc file, the more “transparent” and bright will the color be, that is applied in that area. I have found that to be true, and made my own specocc file, because of the colors of the upcoming texture set.
I just wondered if the purple stripes does some “metallic” effect to the F1 2010 specocc or what kind of effect do they have as impact on the file . That could be cool to add to the F1 2011 file if thats the case ??

Thanks ;)
Cheers Peter

Can you help me please, I'm almost done on my diy cockpit and having trouble with my camera settings. I want to disable cockpit so that only wheels are visible on screen, goal is to get sth like this :

Thank you

The Pink/Purple stripes present in the 2010 file is partly how the 2010 file would handle damage to the car during race.

The reason you do not see them in the 2011 file is because the game handles damage in a different way than it did in 2010.

I belive there is a generic damage layer now in game, you cans see a folder called damage decals within the game folder.

As this is now present, if you import a model now into 3Dsimed, there are now two layers, sometimes three layers one of which is labelled damage.

Hope that helped.

Just wondering if there is any way possible to get the remaining session time in Practice and Qualifying sessions to display on-screen whilst out on track, rather than just the last 5 minutes.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...mpatibility-with-patch-1-2-codemasters.44042/

Enter the link and you will see the departure of Falcon444 caused by many complaints.
I want to remind all users that all those who do the mods as Falcon444, the mod's published voluntarily in the community.
Therefore, we should appreciate the effort and not criticize, suggest.
Apologize those who have to do and I wait see excelent work of Falcon444 again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back