Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota

Cars Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
One last nitpick :p The offset and the curvature of the front rim seems a bit different. Sorry for being an ass ;) Just reporting this since you've been working on jota lately.
2880-1800-crop-lamborghini-diablo-se30-jota-c903918112012165826_1 kopia.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_magione_17-3-120-22-38-53.jpg

Oh well... I was tempted to re-model the rear bumper, but the way I make things now it's so different than it was back then when I've built this model, that knowing myself I'll end up redoing a lot of things and can't afford to do that right now.
Soooo here it is using the same geometry with some adjustments and new AO to match the current shape. It's not 100% perfect but looks closer to what it is, rather than using the stock Diablo one.

__custom_showroom_1584556550.jpg

__custom_showroom_1584556484.jpg

Last edited:
A3DR updated Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota with a new update entry:

Visual + physics updates, plus CSP extension settings.

v1.1 changelog:

Physics:
  • Revised tires
  • Adjusted the inertia boxes
  • Recalculated the brake bias
  • Tweaked the dampers and ARBs
  • Smoothed out the shift timings and made little AI adjustments

Visuals:
  • Revised extension file, fixed light issues
  • New front and rear bumper geometry plus other small refinements through the body
  • Adjusted front rims offset
  • Fixed brake blur + added glow
  • Adjusted flames
  • Added working wipers
  • Shader...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for all the updates, I guess everything in most "need" of a touch up has been addressed. Also, for redoing the way rear/brake lights emissives work, even if they were perfectly fine for vanilla ac by the time this mod was released.

The new blockier rear bumper gives it more of a track beast look, matching the extended front bumper better. Regarding this one, a small improvement that could be made would be to upper tri count around the badge on the bumper recession just a bit, at least to smoothen the vertex on middle/top, and the 3 at bottom/middle for beauty shots.

I hope you still find courage and time to edit the old LODs and add them back one day; not so much because of tris, but to cut object count for old cpus. Against the new model, I guess only the rear bumper+mapping will require some changes to disguise the transition while racing.

Cheers!

PS: Can't forget to mention new improved physics, I'll have to face him against the 993 Turbo S2.

Well, didn't want to go overboard so I was not thinking about extreme close ups of course.
Here's the old vs new, the old being at the bottom. Subtle geometry additions to define some reflections better while keeping a similar density.

About LOD models, they're very time consuming and this not being a commercial project, I don't think it's worth spending the extra time on it.
Too bad my files got corrupted somehow, but it is what it is at this point.

1586804647605.png

Don't mind much about my comment on the badge thing, it was more for the screenshot guys, as your top work on these poster cars is a usual subject. It's not even noticeable at usual replay distances. Reflections are smooth all over the front, and that's what matters most.

Sad to hear about the loss of data. If it's of any help, it's still possible to extract fbx files from the old kn5 (double click the kn5 files to open with cm showroom, and quickly hold "alt", and a \unpacked folder will be created; iirc cm must be in dev mode for this to work).

Don't mind much about my comment on the badge thing, it was more for the screenshot guys, as your top work on these poster cars is a usual subject. It's not even noticeable at usual replay distances. Reflections are smooth all over the front, and that's what matters most.

Sad to hear about the loss of data. If it's of any help, it's still possible to extract fbx files from the old kn5 (double click the kn5 files to open with cm showroom, and quickly hold "alt", and a \unpacked folder will be created; iirc cm must be in dev mode for this to work).
I did, but it's really messed up. For some reason the LOD B file was corrupted when I saved it, and kept only that single max file for it, so... would have to do it again. Back then used a plugin to optimize normals on lower poly meshes, while it brought some nice refinements without the expense of a higher poly count, only complicated things in the long run.

Thanks for the update! :D

Quick question though. Would it hurt to still use the old LODs? I don't mean for you to include them in an update, but I mean for personal use. Would it cause any issues? I ask because I have a weaker PC, and it definitely helps maintain a good frame rate on my end when racing the AI. If not, that's fine.

If you don't mind, I'll provide a quick answer as I've tried it.

It'll "work", but during day one noticeable issue will be rear bumper shape change, and misaligned AO on it (too far to be seen). It'll also cause a more serious problem with emissives on rear lights due to some improvements in the new model regarding how they work, that would require matching LODs. Rear lights will become too strong after the lod switch, and brake lights will hardly be noticeable either with rear lights on/off.

Edit: At the front the lower lip reflections won't also align so well, or the front rims surface offset. I forgot to mention these, as it won't be as noticeable as the above when racing.

Last edited:
Seems like Jota makes a lot less wheel horse power than advertised. Is it how it supposed to be or is it a mistake in content manager calculations?

Attachments

• lambo jota 13 power.png
    lambo jota 13 power.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 87
  • lambo jota 25 power.png
    lambo jota 25 power.png
    141 KB · Views: 90
If you don't mind, I'll provide a quick answer as I've tried it.

It'll "work", but during day one noticeable issue will be rear bumper shape change, and misaligned AO on it (too far to be seen). It'll also cause a more serious problem with emissives on rear lights due to some improvements in the new model regarding how they work, that would require matching LODs. Rear lights will become too strong after the lod switch, and brake lights will hardly be noticeable either with rear lights on/off.

Edit: At the front the lower lip reflections won't also align so well, or the front rims surface offset. I forgot to mention these, as it won't be as noticeable as the above when racing.
Exactly. They can be set up, but results won't be any good.

Seems like Jota makes a lot less wheel horse power than advertised. Is it how it supposed to be or is it a mistake in content manager calculations?
No it doesn't. That only applies when you try to recalculate the power/torque curves, AFAIK, so it doesn't change anything in the engine.

Just a minor report: in "Titanium" and "Dark Green Metallic" skins, the "old" Skin00.dds cause this (noticeable only in "Titanium"). I simply removed those .dds.

__custom_showroom_1586858781.jpg

Btw, thanks a lot for this wonderful piece of Art, you splendid man!

Thanks for noticing, yes those were carried over from Jason's folders, the skin00.dds and skin00_map.dds are no longer needed for skins.

• Deleted member 197115

Great car, unfortunately update without LODs made it unusable in VR, even hotlapping. Back to the old one, which is still ace.
Thanks for a great gift to the community.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back