Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota

Cars Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe it's that penalties bug. Penalties won't work in hotlap or practice mode. Try loading the car in practice without the penalties. Works fine here.

There is a lot more play in the steering wheel of this car than I'd prefer. It very well could be a config issue with my G29. In contrast the 512TR seems a bit more manageable. Is everyone else experiencing this ?

If anyone could offer a primer on why cars from the 70s and 80s tended to have sloppy steering compared to more modern cars that would be helpful. I have the same issue with the 427 Cobra in AC.

If anyone could offer a primer on why cars from the 70s and 80s tended to have sloppy steering compared to more modern cars that would be helpful.
I'd say the same reason why brakes stop cars in shorter distances, comparing two same sized engines - the modern one is way more powerful yet also more efficient, why headlights are brighter, why tires grip way better today, etc...Technological advancement.

For a technical explanation, someone else will have to step in and explain just exactly what these technological advancements have been. I'm not a good mechanic. :(

There is a lot more play in the steering wheel of this car than I'd prefer. It very well could be a config issue with my G29. In contrast the 512TR seems a bit more manageable. Is everyone else experiencing this ?

If anyone could offer a primer on why cars from the 70s and 80s tended to have sloppy steering compared to more modern cars that would be helpful. I have the same issue with the 427 Cobra in AC.

This should not generally happen except for lower grip tires. You will find more cars that did not use rack-and-pinion steering, though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recirculating_ball

Otherwise it should be equivalent. Ball joints and other factors that make steering floppy did not change.

The Cobra has very soft anti-roll bars, especially in the rear. So when you turn the steering wheel while in motion the only thing that happens for a while is spring compression, not direction change. A bit like emergency braking in a SUV. It doesn't get slower for quite a while, during which it invests energy in spring compression.

I don't think that AC models rack-and-pinion steering as opposed to recirculating ball or anything else. This is just something to watch out for in real life if steering feel is important to you.

It doesn't.

Ha! Yes, I stand corrected, it's the bloody vintage tyres that I'm having a problem with. I didn't realize it was the rear end dancing around every so slightly under acceleration, this made me think the issue was the steering. I made an alternate version of the 427 with modern semi slick tyres and the handling was improved dramatically.

Very well could be the same issue I'm having with the Jota. Way off topic at this point, thanx for the info gents !

Really enjoy the updated sound, the V12 howl seems much more appropriate to the jota, also love the improved gauges of course.

Very small thing, the shiny box holding the accelerator pedal reflects external things (most obvious with white lines on the track)
Very very minor, just sometimes is noticeable in VR as reflections flash in the footwell, feel free to file this under 'meh' ;)
Such a fun car to drive though and such a beautiful model.

Any chance to do a "small" update to this mod with extension files like the nfs diablo vt one day? Currently CSP auto-guessing causes yellow-green tinted headlights. Even if they look like some mid 90s osram all-season lamps I remember back in the day, this look might not be really intended.
Thank you!

jVPXpFa.jpg

Btw, there a few lines on errors.txt:
Code:
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/analog_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [RPM_INDICATOR] OBJECT_NAME_MAX
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ITEM_1] UNITS

cheers

Edit: As a quickfix for headlights color, just using the diablo vt config file seems to work. But then under [LIGHT_EXTRA_0] it helps to use COLOR=10,0.5,1 (so projected panel illumination matches gauges).

Last edited:
Any chance to do a "small" update to this mod with extension files like the nfs diablo vt one day? Currently CSP auto-guessing causes yellow-green tinted headlights. Even if they look like some mid 90s osram all-season lamps I remember back in the day, this look might not be really intended.
Thank you!

jVPXpFa.jpg

Btw, there a few lines on errors.txt:
Code:
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/analog_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [RPM_INDICATOR] OBJECT_NAME_MAX
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ITEM_1] UNITS

cheers

Edit: As a quickfix for headlights color, just using the diablo vt config file seems to work. But then under [LIGHT_EXTRA_0] it helps to use COLOR=10,0.5,1 (so projected panel illumination matches gauges).
The thing is that anything related to the shader patch keeps changing all the time, so I won't bother making an update exclusively for that matter as I don't know what update comes next, what will be broken or added, etc. Don't have time to keep up with that.
If something else comes up that makes it worth updating, I'll include the new extension files.

Perfectly understandable, thanks for taking the time to answer. For the lights issue pointed in my previous post, resorting to your vt config for personal use on the jota is more than enough. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%