Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota

Cars Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great car, unfortunately update without LODs made it unusable in VR, even hotlapping. Back to the old one, which is still ace.
Thanks for a great gift to the community.
Do LODs affect hot-lapping? I thought it's how other cars are displayed at staggered distances, so don't understand how missing LODs would affect performance with just one car on track, especially in VR when you're locked in cockpit view.
Happy to be educated though!

• Deleted member 197115

Do LODs affect hot-lapping? I thought it's how other cars are displayed at staggered distances, so don't understand how missing LODs would affect performance with just one car on track, especially in VR when you're locked in cockpit view.
Well, I haven't tried hot-lapping per se to be honest, just let all opponents go so I am alone on the track and still FPS was around 60 or so.
Anyway, great mod, and the old version works just fine, racing or whatnot.

I was going to comment the same thing but...

Well, I haven't tried hot-lapping per se to be honest, just let all opponents go so I am alone on the track and still FPS was around 60 or so.
Anyway, great mod, and the old version works just fine, racing or whatnot.

It's just not worth the effort.

Anyone noticed that brakes are so sensitive and not correctly balanced without abs (There is no abs feature in factory setup)? I can only use %25 of brake power without locking my front wheels and there's not enough brake power on rear wheels means that the brake balance is way off and its not changeable.

Can't say if it's off as I don't know the car specs, but doing races vs AI on cars near the same tier in Road America (993 s2, zr1 tuned, f40, arch CTR-1, 512 tr CS, Jota, arch Supra S2) I'm having trouble to fight door to door because I'm forced to brake way sooner after long straights than in most other cars on SM's (bearing in mind that some are much lighter, o.c), even if the car handles brilliantly on coast or under power without tc. So as to set brake power at 80% only to avoid cooking the front/managing understeer. To note, the AI Jotas will ram other cars often on T1, T5 and T8, as they can't reduce speed so quickly as cars in front.

Without a reference, after reading the previous post I've tried to set the balance to 0.62 like the ks Countach (edit: looking back, that's nearly previous 1.0 value), just to see if it would help. The car became more pleasing to drive, allowing to brake later (nearer other ~>1400kg cars) and under more control/less understeer, even while keeping brake power at 100% on setup.

OTH, the VT with a similar balance to the Jota and higher weight, narrower tyres, seems much easier to stop safely, harder and later on SMs without cooking the fronts. So, it could be related to anything other than just balance, but then, the approach speeds are lower too.

I've reverted the change, as aphidgod would surely know better about this car, but I'd would like to bring this into attention, given that this car is capable to attain very high speeds on track and it's quite hard to bring to a stop.

Last edited:
I gotta agree with the 2 previous posters. The Jota brakes are very touchy and doesn't stop in time even at the 200m mark for t1 at donington. The car drives brilliantly otherwise so I can only assume its an error in the brake balance.

A3DR updated Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota with a new update entry:

New tires + physics improvements, visual stuff too

DELETE OLD FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING!
CSP 1.60 RECOMMENDED.

Changelog v1.2

Visuals

• Adjusted paints for CSP 1.60
  • Working odometers, thanks to AlleyViper
  • Adjusted blurred rims settings
  • Improved instrument lighting

Physics

• Changed all tires over to custom load sensitivity curves
  • Adjusted some suspension setup values in response to new tires
  • Added recalculated brakes with proportioning valve LUTs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Asking the important questions :thumbsup:
Who, me?
I only mentioned it because people sometimes keep previous versions of updated mods in case they prefer the earlier version. If the number isn't updated it can get a little confusing when switching between them for testing, that's all.
It's easily done, I've missed it before when updating my own mods and I'm always grateful when someone points it out.

Last edited:
Such an iconic car, must have it. There's a couple of Diablos for AC floating around. This one drives great for me. Long braking distances and understeery with the Hypercar Road 90s tyres of course, but with Semislicks it's fine as I would expect. Plenty of setup options in the garage too.

The early Diablos were known for somewhat crap brakes, in particular the fronts were prone to locking which compromised total performance.

The brakes in this mod are calculated using real rotor data, real caliper data, real OEM pad data and real data on both the ratio and knee point for the hydraulic proportioning valve.

If you don't like the brakes, you have 3 options:

1) drive a different car
2) turn ABS assist on
3) get a time machine, go back to 1990 and bring it up with Lamborghini

Edit: Also please note that Brake Power Mult is available in the setup menu so you can turn the overall braking strength down to help keep you out of lockups.

Last edited:
You guys might be surprised, but almost every roadcar I've ever taken a look at have shitty brake bias. All calculated.

There's a few with pretty good bias like the NSX at 62% but those are somewhat uncommon, and even then ideal is less forward. A bunch of FR cars have like 80% front bias and FF cars reach 85%.

It doesn't help that you can't feel any G's or brake response, so even if your pedal was easier modulated and more linear than the real car's, you'd still be missing out on the only feedback you really have.

If in doubt adjust brake mult down, and/or mess with gamma in your controls.

I have really enjoyed driving this car and getting the back end out with that heavy V12- it's so fun to drive despite the weak 1990s brakes. I have one question- the wheelbase in this mod is 2698mm when real measured data I found lists the wheelbase as 2663mm. The Diablo VT also has a shorter wheelbase than 2698mm. Are my figures incorrect? Apologies if so.

I have really enjoyed driving this car and getting the back end out with that heavy V12- it's so fun to drive despite the weak 1990s brakes. I have one question- the wheelbase in this mod is 2698mm when real measured data I found lists the wheelbase as 2663mm. The Diablo VT also has a shorter wheelbase than 2698mm. Are my figures incorrect? Apologies if so.
It's Lamborghini so not surprised if two identical cars just don't exist, but...

For the Supra, the laser level points I got line up exactly with the subframe diagrams in terms of width, but it's 20mm~ narrower in the front than the arbitrary track width spec. Same thing for JZZ30, which shares the exact same geo up front.

So who is right, some random measurement that we don't even know the context to, or repair diagrams and precision measurement tools? ;)

Had this discussion with Jason some time ago. Published wheelbase is wrong based on this evidence:

Untitled-331.jpg

Model is photomatched, a shorter wheelbase would completely change the proportions and won't fit either the model, or match any of the pictures I've used as reference, for example:

earlywip00.jpg

That is how I start my models, to make sure the proportions are correct. Then take measures and adjust as needed. Some mm might be off, of course, they aren't 100% perfect. But in this case we had a big difference from what we got on the 3D model, and what's published on the car manual.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back