LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
First of all, congrats for these absolute Bangers that are California Highway and LA canyons, due to the quality of the mod I bought the Platinum version of the Canyons, and I can't load traffic on 'em on any layouts, btw I have similar problems on certain layouts of Pacific Highway, despite downloading them manually. Can you help me out ? I am sure that I respected the installation protocol

Love both these tracks and the PCH tracks! I purchased the platinum option to get everything in LAC and so far working well - I have a question about "traffic" though as it only uses opponents as traffic... Is there no basic traffic like in the Japanese one (forgetting the name off hand). I would like to RACE opponents and weave through TRAFFIC (normal cars).
Is this doable? I can;'t find any option in CM for it (could be blind).

[edit] I also could not get Pursuit to work on either LAC nor PCH maps for Pursuit though... [/edit]

Last edited:
( sorry about the spam, my PC Froze )
Love both these tracks and the PCH tracks! I purchased the platinum option to get everything in LAC and so far working well - I have a question about "traffic" though as it only uses opponents as traffic... Is there no basic traffic like in the Japanese one (forgetting the name off hand). I would like to RACE opponents and weave through TRAFFIC (normal cars).
Is this doable? I can;'t find any option in CM for it (could be blind).

[edit] I also could not get Pursuit to work on either LAC nor PCH maps for Pursuit though... [/edit]
Well we have the same problem, even tho traffic works for me on PCH, maybe you Can try with in game apps --> object inspector --> traffic planner if you haven't try already

Assetto isn't meant to handle Traffic at all.
There's been workaround with traffic planner, but i've never tried it
Now, traffic how Phoenix built it uses AI lines and boundary line, so AI can stick to their lane, using opponents, and AI_hint to restrain their speed.

PCH and LAC should work the same way with the traffic.
(the same way i did for union island as well)

Pursuit layout, is just a name, i believe it's only for online purposes, to have spawns located in two differents places, to play cops & robbers

( sorry about the spam, my PC Froze )

Well we have the same problem, even tho traffic works for me on PCH, maybe you Can try with in game apps --> object inspector --> traffic planner if you haven't try already

Are you not getting pursuit to work?
I really need Content Manger as I only play AC in VR and it really only works when using CM so what you described - is that in CM or AC standard?
And does that mean there is ai normal traffic options?
Sorry if I missed your point.
Thanks for your reply!

Okay thanks! I didn’t realize traffic was a PIA for modding :/ and bummer on Pursuit. I’m not good enough to play online yet.
Thanks!
(I’ll have to look into that traffic planner thing)

The object inspector is an ingame app, just like the weather apps for Sol, go with your cursor to the right edge of your screen and you'll see a small overlay of all the apps, then there is a way to click on the object inspector app and pin it in this overlay. This is how it works on normal mode and it should be the same in VR, anyway there are videos on YouTube about traffic etc, so you might have a good tutorial there.
Actually I suspect that traffic Can be activated in certain modes only, like trackday or weekend, maybe this is why some maps can't load traffic for a practice session, I'll try it later.
And yes, there are online servers where you can wave through traffic just for fun. ( I wrote a lot sorry about that )
Okay thanks! I didn’t realize traffic was a PIA for modding :/ and bummer on Pursuit. I’m not good enough to play online yet.
Thanks!
(I’ll have to look into that traffic planner thing)

I have a question for install. I did the Drag and Drop method into Content Manager. It installed fine. I see the Mod folder where it should be in the Asseto Corsa Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\mods

However, I do not see the tracks coming in to drive in Content Manager. Can can anyone advise on this?

I am obsessed with this track, awesome work! I am sure it's in here somewhere but; how do I get the VIP access? I don't have Facebook, if it's there I need another way of getting it. Thank you!
His FB page has a link to his sellfy store. If you can't see it in his FB page intro it's
sellfy<dot>com/phoenix-mods

Hi everyone, it's been a while, hope you're all doing well...
I unfortunately have to make some news final and official.

Due to so many illegal ports, texture / asset thefts on my and others work, there will be no LA Canyons update, all other projects are now cancelled (at least publicly) and I'm now leaving the modding scene. I don't fancy doing any more work just for low lifes to steal it.

The final straw were illegal conversions for BeamNG...
(There were others which have been removed) another massive scumbag called Y***o, giving away stuff for free. (I won't be providing links to them)

Very few of these scum ask permission, before stealing others work, and don't even have the decency to credit years worth of work, and pass it off as their own.
I can get things removed and have done so repeatedly, unfortunately this is like a game of whack-a-mole and requires valuable time (hard to get as it is)... which would have been better spent modding.

These Twts will end up killing the modding scene.

colorado_mustang_a.jpg

Goodbye from laserscanned Colorado
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly I'd like to thank @RaceDepartment for their awesome website and community, without which it is doubtful I would have even started creating mods in the first place.

Secondly I'd like to say a massive thanks to @Ben O'Bro who has been an absolute legend and a gent... and it's been a real honour working with him.

A huge thank you to everyone who has supported, some people from the VERY beginning, knowing where this project was going, and understood the work involved, you are all legends too. Cheers! The VIP roads were all about thanking these people, that's why I almost named them... The Thank You roads (doesn't sound the same though)

The amazing support LA Canyons has received has meant I could pay this forward on to good causes, like the DEC refugee appeal, when russia invaded Ukraine, to Jimmy Broadbents - Mind Fundraisers for mental health... and a few others.

So when you're sitting in your Sim Rig, driving about in the Canyons whilst your girlfirend / wife / husband is questioning why you're playing with pretend cars again. Do it in the knowledge that you've likely helped someone you're never likely to meet.

Thank you again for all the support, and all the best wishes for the future! Bye :inlove:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, it's been a while, hope you're all doing well...
I unfortunately have to make some news final and official.

Due to so many illegal ports, texture / asset thefts on my and others work, there will be no LA Canyons update, all other projects are now cancelled (at least publicly) and I'm now leaving the modding scene. I don't fancy doing any more work just for low lifes to steal it.

The final straws were illegal conversions for BeamNG... Like ones on a site called Modland
(There were others which have been removed) another massive scumbag called Yukio, giving away LA Canyons VIP (and other payware) for free. (I won't be providing links to them)

Very few of these scum ask permission, before stealing others work, and don't even have the decency to credit years worth of work, and pass it off as their own.
I can get things removed and have done so repeatedly, unfortunately this is like a game of whack-a-mole and requires valuable time (hard to get as it is)... which would have been better spent modding.

These Twts will end up killing the modding scene.

View attachment 667302
Goodbye from laserscanned Colorado
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly I'd like to thank @RaceDepartment for their awesome website and community, without which it is doubtful I would have even started creating mods in the first place.

Secondly I'd like to say a massive thanks to @Ben O'Bro who has been an absolute legend and a gent... and it's been a real honour working with him.

A huge thank you to everyone who has supported, some people from the VERY beginning, knowing where this project was going, and understood the work involved, you are all legends too. Cheers! The VIP roads were all about thanking these people, that's why I almost named them... The Thank You roads (doesn't sound the same though)

The amazing support LA Canyons has received has meant I could pay this forward on to good causes, like the DEC refugee appeal, when russia invaded Ukraine, to Jimmy Broadbents - Mind Fundraisers for mental health... and a few others.

So when you're sitting in your Sim Rig, driving about in the Canyons whilst your girlfirend / wife / husband is questioning why you're playing with pretend cars again. Do it in the knowledge that you've likely helped someone you're never likely to meet.

Thank you again for all the support, and all the best wishes for the future! Bye :inlove:
I have never had the pleasure of downloading your amazing work (I have barely time to play plain vanilla AC And nave no mods), let alone drive it, but I have been wanting to do so for YEARS.

I am extremely sad to learn of your immense frustration and am very sorry to see you go.

Thank you again for all the support, and all the best wishes for the future! Bye
Very sorry to read your leaving the modding scene and I'm sure everyone who uses your work will also be sad.
It’s a beautiful legacy you leave us with and hopefully some of the pond life who stole your work will maybe (although I doubt they care) realise the harm they do.
Best wishes for your future endeavors and maybe sometime we'll see you return.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 23 31.1%