LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Looks cool man. Heres to hoping! Take care of yourself.
Thanks man, after posting on here I wasn't expecting anyone to say much on my Facebook Page... When I thought I'd better let them know... after many awesome heart felt, loving messages on there if I'm not sure how I feel. So tonight I'm off out with the boys for many many beers... I'm going to raise a glass to all the cool people who have followed and supported this crazy track making journey. Anyway the thread is now on a whole new page... Onwards and upwards! Cheers Michael, cheers everyone

Hey mate,

I cancelled my server a few days ago after several years of service. Unfortunately, traffic was close to zero.
And now I hear you're leaving the modding scene.

Even though I'm less motivated than I used to be, LAC is still my number one choice when I feel like sweating behind the wheel.

Over the years, I've met a handful of excellent players and I've enjoyed racking up the miles with them.

So thank you for all those great gaming sessions, and I hope you'll drop by from time to time to burn some rubber with us.

Last edited:
I'm logging in rather infrequently these days, since sim racing is nit so high on my priority list for some time now. But after the latest news I feel obliged to log in and say a big, heartfelt "Thank you, @Phoenix77 ", for all the tremendous work you have done.
I have no interest in modern race tracks, I'm a big fan of historic racing, and your beautiful twisting, dangerous creations always felt like home for the classic Cars.
Let me tell you, there are at least some people who have the biggest respect for your work.

All the best.
LAC is absolute joy from spending time watching smoking tire videos back in the day to be able to cruise around stunning recreation with friends just pure bliss.

I know Ilja can now encrypt tracks too not just cars maybe that will help. (yes too late now to prevent porting to other games)
Not sure why Ilja didn't come up with some way to provide way to protect original content getting shared illegally.

how can I get VIP version?
lourd.jpg

Hey mate,

I cancelled my server a few days ago after several years of service. Unfortunately, traffic was close to zero.
And now I hear you're leaving the modding scene.

Even though I'm less motivated than I used to be, LAC is still my number one choice when I feel like sweating behind the wheel.

Over the years, I've met a handful of excellent players and I've enjoyed racking up the miles with them.

So thank you for all those great gaming sessions, and I hope you'll drop by from time to time to burn some rubber with us.
Thanks mate, you are an absolute legend... In your support for the Canyons (That's why your name is up on Mount Lawlor)... In your driving dedication to the Canyons and for your server (shame you had to cancel)

This 1.0 update screen was taken on your server, when you were running a Porsche car meet. The days running with yourself, Correca , @tobytoxD , Buzzly, Phil, @JackCY , Beru and SO many other cool drivers were so great! Hopefully I'll see all you boys online again one day, soon™ :)
lac_1.0_d.jpg

The fact you've met some excellent drivers and have driven so many miles with them is both great to hear and so appropriate, as the canyons were always made with getting together in mind. I've been amazed by the superb, respectful standard of driving I've seen in the virtual Canyons. Seeing as these are real world, highly challenging, true drivers roads, it says a lot about the driving skill you guys are blessed with!

With every mile you drive, you have my utmost respect and appreciation (The exact opposite of those that made my decision to leave become a reality).

Cheers man, good luck in all you do! :thumbsup:

I'm logging in rather infrequently these days, since sim racing is nit so high on my priority list for some time now. But after the latest news I feel obliged to log in and say a big, heartfelt "Thank you, @Phoenix77 ", for all the tremendous work you have done.
I have no interest in modern race tracks, I'm a big fan of historic racing, and your beautiful twisting, dangerous creations always felt like home for the classic Cars.
Let me tell you, there are at least some people who have the biggest respect for your work.
Thanks man, I appreciate you logging in to say that :) (I'm logging in so infrequently, I'm starting to forget my login details!)

That's a great combination, california's roads with historic cars... Back when the cars mechanical aspects were more analogue... A large reason why I went so high poly on the physical roads details... To get a nice amount of movement. It was a ton of work back on my less powerful PC at the time, but a decision I'm massively happy I chose to make :)

Thanks for your respects mate, as I'm sure plenty of modders would agree with... If there was more respect shown to the time investment made, a lot of creators would have a far better, happier, fun, more productive time. Cheers!

Sorry to see you go, John, I always enjoyed you and your creations.

We all have to move on from even our passions eventually, and this scene is particularly good at sucking the fun out of it for the exceptionally small number of people who drive it forward. Ask me how i know...
Cheers Jason... As I have you and your technical, physical creations... They may be unseen, but are SO welcome and important. Your and Dans work are paramount (along with Bens Caterham / Singer) to my decision to up my game and go heavy on the physical road meshes. Also the reason Pacific Coast has a physical road mesh of 5.4 million polys :)

I don't actually think the 'modding scene' is good at sucking the fun out of our work, it's the new breed of numpties from the 'share WTF they like scene', have zero respect and knowledge of what is involved with actually creating something.

Seeing as my chosen projects time frames are measured in years, time wise, it's sadly no longer an option, and more specifically... I will not be allowing the scumbags on my roads. I saw one such scumbag driving on my Brothers road (Pacific Coast) and that is what made my decision for me.

Anyway enough of all that :D
Huge thanks for being someone that drove (pun intended) my work forward!

Oh here's one of your creations on 1.38 (not quite 1.4) - (portrait so the 'new breed' can understand it lol)
la_canyons_angeles_forest_diablo.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea