LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I was thinking maybe I could get you out of that bloody Lancer and get you to drive a real car...:)
You won't be seeing creepy things in bushes...;)
All of you have fun and prosperous parties.

I was thinking maybe I could get you out of that bloody Lancer and get you to drive a real car...:)
You won't be seeing creepy things in bushes...;)
All of you have fun and prosperous parties.

I need a faster car to escape from the real dangers:roflmao:

This dude looks terrifying as hell:
Screenshot_mitsubishi_lancer_evo_time_attack_battenbergring_26-11-122-23-13-42.jpg
Screenshot_mitsubishi_lancer_evo_time_attack_battenbergring_26-11-122-23-15-2.jpg

Could we get back on topic now and forget about FPS devouring assets ?
Please ?
Thank you...
Take it easy.

My personal mods will never be upload or share. Those will stay in my hard drive for my personal enjoyment.:thumbsup:

I usually work with DAZ Studio 3D assets for my personal mods. I work with my own 3D tools like Blender, ZModeler, Hexagon and SharderMap 4 for my models and they are not FPS devouring models because I know how to optimize them and I never share any of mods to the rest of the world.

@Ben O'Bro, @Fat-Alfie and @Phoenix77 tracks are amazing and doesn't need any adjustments. I Just add some cactuses, cows, 3D flowers, dinosaurs and some creepy extraterrestrials for my funny pictures and videos:roflmao:. Nothing wrong to create controversies.

I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable.

Hi i have recently downloaded the file but for the life of me can not get it to install. Im sure I've followed the steps correctly in the guide but when i copy over either the MODS folder or the content folder for just the main track into the assetto corsa route folder it doesnt install at all. Am i missing something?

Happy new year everyone, hope you had a good one!

@dionys19 That's cool that you make your own textures and are 'Adding' things, even if they're not to everyones taste.... When I started LA Canyons I thought, who would be interested in a 'Road' Track on 'Race' Department? (ok turns out 420,000+) :D

But as @hal4000 says, this is now getting far off topic (maybe you need to start your own RD thread (Other peoples Mods I'm adding stuff to, and the software used). Personally I use Photoshop, with lots of custom brushes... Stipple / Crack / Noise / Distortion and probably most used... Smoke Brushes... Various Jitter / Flow settings to get what I want. Based on photo refs.

A lot of people who start making mods have to start somewhere, so although frowned upon, unpacking others work is a common starting point. The problems come in when people can't remember Where TF they've gotten textures / assets and add them to 'their pool' of resources.

Anyway... that's a story for another thread. Line drawn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I try to load the map it says "Cant launch the race track layout "pursuit vip" is damaged". It does this for every track, what am I doing wrong?
Check you've followed the Install Guide properly... Making sure you've NOT dragged and dropped into Content Manager. and have the track files where they should be!
i just install LA_canyon from content manager. and i see in AC file. in side the game i can not file the track/mod am i searching wrong.
Check you've followed the Install Guide properly... Making sure you've NOT dragged and dropped into Content Manager. and have the track files where they should be!
Hi i have recently downloaded the file but for the life of me can not get it to install. Im sure I've followed the steps correctly in the guide but when i copy over either the MODS folder or the content folder for just the main track into the assetto corsa route folder it doesnt install at all. Am i missing something?
Yes you are missing something... Don't copy the 'Content' folder... Into the 'Tracks' (route?) folder.... You copy it into the 'Main' Assetto Corsa folder ....\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

When done correctly you should have the la_canyons folder in the
...\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks folder.

Bear in mind, If you install using the MODS folder method, you need to enable the 'Mod' in the 'Content / Mods' section of Content Manager. (this is as far as I know only available in the full version of CM).

What is and isn't available in the free/paid versions of CM should (in my opinion) be much more clearly layed out by the creator of CM / CSP... Along with how to use Trackday / AI Flood, and a number of other things.

Yes you are missing something... Don't copy the 'Content' folder... Into the 'Tracks' (route?) folder.... You copy it into the 'Main' Assetto Corsa folder ....\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

Bear in mind, If you install using the MODS folder method, you need to enable the 'Mod' in the 'Content / Mods' section of Content Manager. (this is as far as I know only available in the full version of CM).

What is and isn't available in the free/paid versions of CM should (in my opinion) be much more clearly layed out by the creator of CM / CSP... Along with how to use Trackday / AI Flood, and a number of other things.
Thank you for getting back to me. That was one aspect i was struggling with which was enabling the the mod in content manager as at the moment i only have the free version. I'm going to have to look into the full version i think as i can see me having this problem often otherwise.
Thanks again I'll see if i can get the full version of CM and try again

Ok so upgarded the CM to full version and have now enabled the track, thank you. Should i now be able to see it on the track list though as its still not coming up for me to select.
*EDIT* My bad i think it is on the list showing as LAC? is that correct?
sorry still quite new to mods

Last edited:
Added a load of these pavement markers to all the main highways... not many polys each, but adds up when they're spaced every 30ft / 10m... (around 20k polys per 7 miles)
Angeles Crest, Angeles Forest, Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road, Big Tujunga Canyon Road and Mt Wilson all have them now. A bit of an advantage for any night runs ;)
pavement markers.jpg

Pretty much all the road paint is redone now.... as separate objects.
viper angeles forest.jpg

Terrain textures are pretty much doing what I want now, still need some tweaking.
(ALL foliage turned off during this test shot) 8k Main Diffuse / 8k Mask. Not exactly small textures, but for now, I'm giving the massive area whatever I think it needs!
lac_carbon_start_b.jpg

Bushes are on in this test shot along Angeles Forest... Nice views off to the distance.
angeles_forest_view_a.jpg

So what's left now is further tweaking for terrain / foliage (possibly some 3D)... and cutting around 1,000 rockfaces out of the terrain meshes. (anything roadside approx 60° steepness or more). Not sure of the time scale, hopefully 2023 can play nicely!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.0%