LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
All the best.
LAC is absolute joy from spending time watching smoking tire videos back in the day to be able to cruise around stunning recreation with friends just pure bliss.

I know Ilja can now encrypt tracks too not just cars maybe that will help. (yes too late now to prevent porting to other games)
Not sure why Ilja didn't come up with some way to provide way to protect original content getting shared illegally.
Thanks Amir... All the best to you too... And big thanks for the mention of using SASPlanet to get terrain images all those years ago!. Part of the reason why the 'almost' Canyons update looks like this...
la_canyon_angeles_forest_update.jpg
la_canyon_angeles_forest_b_update.jpg

Thanks for being someone that helped push things forward.

Glad you mentioned watching 'The Smoking Tire' videos, if it wasn't for Matt's Ferrari 488 GTB video it's unlikely I would have ever heard of these roads (I'm in the UK) and started this project in the first place.

It's doubtful that track encryption would really change anything unfortunately, the VIP is online data... I was realistic that people would share it about with a few friends etc, it's just the blatant disregard and lack of respect shown by a small percentage of scum that share on Discord with their 50,000+ 'members'. Getting their name known off the back of My work, Bens work, Ilja's & Peters work etc etc etc. I cannot tolerate unfairness... Hence my leaving.

Anyway, enough of that, thanks a lot for your message man, Cheers!

Damn I go away doing other stuff for a few months and come back to this news. Totally gutted the scene is losing you but you've definitely left a legacy, one I'm sure your brother is proud of. Thanks for all you've done for the community.
Thanks dude, sounds a little bit like my situation... Go away on work for a few months, come back and find illegal ports, rips, textures (both mine and Bens) floating around all over the internet.

Well publicly I'm not in the scene, but privately... That may be a different story.
If anything does happen / get finalised you're on the list mate!

Ahhh thanks a lot man... that's a really nice thing to hear, I hope he's half as proud as I am of him.

I like to think my Bro knows how much Ben has helped me (his little bro) and thinks Ben has been an absolute flipping legend (as do I). So... anyone reading this, who appreciates what has been achieved here, and if you haven't already... send some respect Bens way, leave some nice reviews on his resources, maybe throw a few Euros his way... Cheers!

When is the next update for LAC?
Sorry there won't be an update, at least a publicly available one... Thanks to a small percentage of idiots, dicks, and scumbags. As most people can imagine... a small percentage of 500,000+ downloads is unfortunately a pretty large number.

If you see any of these idiots on the internet, particularly Discord, feel free to thank them from everyone. Cheers!

lots of little stumps... as i've heard lots of people like to cruise the virtual Canyons while smoking various things! Disposing 'cigarettes' out of their rigs windows :D
Nah, I wouldn't worry too much about that....
It's California after all.
They may be throwing around dirty bong water that's about it.

Thanks mate, you are an absolute legend... In your support for the Canyons (That's why your name is up on Mount Lawlor)... In your driving dedication to the Canyons and for your server (shame you had to cancel)

[...]
Cheers mate,

I'm gonna install Ubuntu on my old MacBook Pro to host a server mostly for LAC and Targa Florio, I've got fiber a few months ago. I don't know yet if I'm gonna let it run 24/24h.

Still the same problem with most of the servers, boring or inadaptate cars list (imho it's getting worse and worse, variety-wise) and it's one of the reason i play less lately. I'l still hope to reach 100K km on LAC one day (currently at 82K).

Last edited:
This was sad reading. I've spent countless hours cruising LAC (and PCH) and loving the escapism it brings! I've also had pleasure of racing here multiple times with the VintageAC discord.

I've not been the best at leaving reviews for good tracks and car mods, but I've tried to pay for those bring something extra like yours, Bens and Fat Alfies tracks. Hope you find the joy in creating again at some point!

This was sad reading. I've spent countless hours cruising LAC (and PCH) and loving the escapism it brings! I've also had pleasure of racing here multiple times with the VintageAC discord.

[...]
Come to think of it, I've never done a proper race on LAC, only fast or chill cruising.

Do you know if VintageAC are still doing races on LAC from time to time?

Hello,
I bought LA Canyons platinum and all works finek, except that I do not have any traffic. I am totally allone one any map. Where is the trick?
Thank you for your help.
Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi,
I just bought the platinum mod of LA Canyons.
I know you stopped modding, but it would be great if you can tell me how to enable traffic. I am always alone on any track. Thank you

Hi,
I just bought the platinum mod of LA Canyons.
I know you stopped modding, but it would be great if you can tell me how to enable traffic. I am always alone on any track. Thank you
Select the 2-way traffic track version, add opponents as usual, use trackday drive mode and check your New AI Behaviour settings in CSP

Hi,
after some youtube videos. I found out.
I need content manager and shader pack. Great MAP!!!
I hope the creator will restart his business again ....
Have a great day all

Hello, I just bought the VIP platinum version today, no matter i keep tried redownload it once i got into the game, it's only show track not found, i did followed all the step, I need some help

thanks so much
1694829743770.png

1694829766305.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play