kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

The biggest thing I've seen that happens regularly is that the AI doesn't appear to have any capability to go around slower cars.

I've seen numerous wings being taken off because an AI car has ran into a much slower car at full speed even when they have had plenty of time to change lanes and pass.

On another note..I'm having a hard time with grip..it feels so slippery.

The biggest thing I've seen that happens regularly is that the AI doesn't appear to have any capability to go around slower cars.

I've seen numerous wings being taken off because an AI car has ran into a much slower car at full speed even when they have had plenty of time to change lanes and pass.

On another note..I'm having a hard time with grip..it feels so slippery.

I know, I'm now working on the breakings, this is one of the things I'm gonna work on after this one. This is very important, as for the slower cars.. They're not so many.. :D

As for the grip, I haven't changed anything. The difference is that now you're driving on your limit. The car always slides when you drive it on the limit. With the old AI you were calm, not aggressive, a lot slower. Now you have to really push which forces you to do mistakes. :)

uhh...I'm not pushing harder, because I can't. I mean yeah, I'm in a williams and its not the best car but..I'm going much slower than I used to in a williams and even with 11/11 wings have the rear trying to kick out.

Oh..I don't know if its something you changed or what but at Malaysia, the AI was constantly going off the track from turn 5 to 6. They would take turn 5 with DRS open and be drifting and then when trying to turn back into turn 6, just get sideways and slide off into the gravel pit.

uhh...I'm not pushing harder, because I can't. I mean yeah, I'm in a williams and its not the best car but..I'm going much slower than I used to in a williams and even with 11/11 wings have the rear trying to kick out.

Oh..I don't know if its something you changed or what but at Malaysia, the AI was constantly going off the track from turn 5 to 6. They would take turn 5 with DRS open and be drifting and then when trying to turn back into turn 6, just get sideways and slide off into the gravel pit.

It is only you. This mod has nothing to do with your car. It's only for the AI's. Maybe wrong setup. Or maybe you haven't played from a lot of time. :) But it surely isn't this mod. It may actually be another mod you've installed.

P.S. I wasn't implying that YOU had to have done something..just that the grip has changed from 1.0 of the game to 1.2..just wanted to clarify that.

and nah, its a fresh install straight to 1.2 with your mod put on. The only other mods I have are car skins, helmets, gloves and tires. Been racing in general for over 15 years and playing Codemasters F1 since the 2010 version.

P.S. I wasn't implying that YOU had to have done something..just that the grip has changed from 1.0 of the game to 1.2..just wanted to clarify that.

and nah, its a fresh install straight to 1.2 with your mod put on. The only other mods I have are car skins, helmets, gloves and tires. Been racing in general for over 15 years and playing Codemasters F1 since the 2010 version.

Oh, it's just from the patch. The grip in patch 1.2 is a LOT lower. You just need to get used to it. :)

I'm testing in a very different way. And I watch if they touch, not if something breaks. :) I'm testing at the moment. If I find where I've made a mistake - I'll correct it if possible. :)

you're right, actually the problem that way you solve it at source.

IMPORTANT!
V2.3 released. For more info go to the first post.​

although it is still the latest version of your mod in any case I think this is better than 2.2. right?

@kristiannn
Some questions, I'm using JSGME to modify the game. Do i just use JSGME to uninstall V2.1 and then jump straight to install V2.3 ? Or do i have to keep V2.0, 2.1, 2.2 installed and keep installing the next version??
Also still a little confused as to how i go about installing MrPibbs2012 mod with this AI mod using JSGME. Do i overwrite the database in the AI Mod with database for MrPibbs then install with JSGME or do i just install AI mod then database MrPibbs2012 mod with JSGME.?

I hope that's clearer than mud ?? lol

Hi kristiannn,

I am starting today's testing session as promised :)
I will try Suzuka, as advised, starting with HRT and expect first results within 2 hours.
I will use 2.3 version this time and see what happens :)
Cheers!

@kristiannn
Some questions, I'm using JSGME to modify the game. Do i just use JSGME to uninstall V2.1 and then jump straight to install V2.3 ? Or do i have to keep V2.0, 2.1, 2.2 installed and keep installing the next version??
Also still a little confused as to how i go about installing MrPibbs2012 mod with this AI mod using JSGME. Do i overwrite the database in the AI Mod with database for MrPibbs then install with JSGME or do i just install AI mod then database MrPibbs2012 mod with JSGME.?

I hope that's clearer than mud ?? lol

I don't know what JSGME means. Just overwrite the old versions with the new ones. It doesn't matter if you skip a version. As for the Mr Pibbs's mod. Just put it and overwrite with my database and that's it.

Hi kristiannn,

I am starting today's testing session as promised :)
I will try Suzuka, as advised, starting with HRT and expect first results within 2 hours.
I will use 2.3 version this time and see what happens :)
Cheers!

thanks.

Hi kristiannn,

Here is my feedback using HRT today.

Race 1 :

Mod: Kristiann 2.3 mod
Mode: GP
Team: HRT
Driver: Liuzzi
Track: Suzuka
Weather: Clear,Dry
Settings: Legend, 50% race
Setup: Default

Starting 24th on the grid behind my teammate (Karthikeyan). After the first sector I was running 23rd and someone dropped back due to an accident. Pushed the car as much as I could but my teammate was pulling into the horizon. After a couple of laps or so he spun in the beginning of sector 2. Some other accidents happened, some debris was left on track, managed to get to 21st with Vettel and Webber losing their front wings and pulling into the pitlane.
I must admit I was the slowest car out there and managed to get to 21st only due to accidents on track.
After a couple of laps Karthikeyan reached me (!) and overtook nicely just before 130R corner. Nothing interesting happened apart from some more debris on track and eventually being reached by the other drivers that were behind. Kovalainen and Glock overtook and the same lap I saw a car ran wide into the gravel through the first degner. Soon after that I saw a red car (yey it was Alonso :D Not his dolmio day again... :D) that was pointing backwards just after the last corner before the back straight. Karthikeyan was also there facing the fence hi-hi ;)
I managed to climb back to 21st where I stayed until the last pit phase. My teammate overtook me but soon after that I managed to swap places with a well timed pit stop. That is how the race finished - from 24th to 21st due to AI mistakes, not because of my mastery :D
Very good AI pace, nice aggressive actions which made the race exciting.

Here is the screenshot of the final standings (at least on my side of the grid :p)
kristiannn2.3.jpg

Race 2 :

Mod: ACE 1.2 mod

The game put me in 20th position at the start this time. I manually edited the strategy to match the first race, which was P-O-P.
Again starting well but lost 2 places in the first sector to D'ambrosio and Glock. Kovalainen lost his front wing and had to stop on lap 1 for new one. After around 10 laps, he caught me, humiliated me with his options and overtook me to find myself the last of the backmarkers. I am really really slow... thanks guys for pointing this out for me with your mods :(
I was trying to be competitive all the time and must admit that I was struggling with the brakes in both races (Ah these HRT cars, I had forgotten how bad they are :) ). Liuzzi (me) was really, really lonely this race. Nothing important happened apart from the fight with Kovalainen. We switched places a couple of times due to different pit timings but ultimately he finished around 10 seconds ahead.
Very good AI pace but some strange final results. Here is the table:

ACE 1.2 mod.jpg

I took a second picture for the drivers above 17th to compare their fastest lap times. Here it is:

ACE 1.2 mod-2.jpg

As you can see, I'm the slowest ( :( ), Alguersuari have done a lap which was .5 seconds faster than Webber's fastest, and Karthikeyan was 0.7 seconds off Di Resta and Alguersuari's best times. Not a big problem but is this really possible? When I compare HRT with Torro Rosso cars I can't get faster than 2 seconds off Rosso's car.

Conclusion:

Both mods have great AI pace, much quicker than CodeMasters' original AI even post 1.2 patch. Congratulations guys! You've made them look like children playing with big toys which they don't know how to use properly.

Kristiannn has made a big improvement towards more aware AI which don't smash into the back of you when you brake early. Pace is great and the mistakes that drivers do are more trustworthy. Only two retirements in the last race and numerous yellow flags. Challenging and fun!

ACE 1.2 has shown the same "maturity" as yesterday's test (As it should have done, its the same release :D).
No retirements/SC with the exception of several yellow flags which indicates that AI do make mistakes. What puzzles me is the final result table. You can see that in both mods I am off the pace but comparing teams/drivers pace it seems like ACE's backmarkers are slightly more consistent and quick than they should. There was a point in the race where Karthikeyan was 3 corners from lapping me. I can get 0.5-1 second from the HRT in race conditions but not more. Next time I will enable setups and see how things pan out in terms of my pace compared to the AI.

This is pretty much everything, I will do some other testing before restarting my career. Keep up the good work guys!

P.S I am accepting tips regarding my slow pace with the HRT, it just could have been me struggling with the default setup. Thanks!

P.S 2
Just watched a 100% career race results in Suzuka and the backmarkers' fastest laps were around 1.37-38 seconds, even 1.42. As you can see the improvement is huge but unrealistic for me. I will try Professional AI and enable setups to see if I'm competitive.

Hi kristiannn,

Here is my feedback using HRT today.

Race 1 :

Mod: Kristiann 2.3 mod

Starting 24th on the grid behind my teammate (Karthikeyan). After the first sector I was running 23rd and someone dropped back due to an accident. Pushed the car as much as I could but my teammate was pulling into the horizon. After a couple of laps or so he spun in the beginning of sector 2. Some other accidents happened, some debris was left on track, managed to get to 21st with Vettel and Webber losing their front wings and pulling into the pitlane.
I must admit I was the slowest car out there and managed to get to 21st only due to accidents on track.
After a couple of laps Karthikeyan reached me (!) and overtook nicely just before 130R corner. Nothing interesting happened apart from some more debris on track and eventually being reached by the other drivers that were behind. Kovalainen and Glock overtook and the same lap I saw a car ran wide into the gravel through the first degner. Soon after that I saw a red car (yey it was Alonso :D Not his dolmio day again... :D) that was pointing backwards just after the last corner before the back straight. Karthikeyan was also there facing the fence hi-hi ;)
I managed to climb back to 21st where I stayed until the last pit phase. My teammate overtook me but soon after that I managed to swap places with a well timed pit stop. That is how the race finished - from 24th to 21st due to AI mistakes, not because of my mastery :D
Very good AI pace, nice aggressive actions which made the race exciting.

Here is the screenshot of the final standings (at least on my side of the grid :p)View attachment 32955

Race 2 :

Mod: ACE 1.2 mod

The game put me in 20th position at the start this time. I manually edited the strategy to match the first race, which was P-O-P.
Again starting well but lost 2 places in the first sector to D'ambrosio and Glock. Kovalainen lost his front wing and had to stop on lap 1 for new one. After around 10 laps, he caught me, humiliated me with his options and overtook me to find myself the last of the backmarkers. I am really really slow... thanks guys for pointing this out for me with your mods :(
I was trying to be competitive all the time and must admit that I was struggling with the brakes in both races (Ah these HRT cars, I had forgotten how bad they are :) ). Liuzzi (me) was really, really lonely this race. Nothing important happened apart from the fight with Kovalainen. We switched places a couple of times due to different pit timings but ultimately he finished around 10 seconds ahead.
Very good AI pace but some strange final results. Here is the table:

View attachment 32956
I took a second picture for the drivers above 17th to compare their fastest lap times. Here it is:

View attachment 32957

As you can see, I'm the slowest ( :( ), Alguersuari have done a lap which was .5 seconds faster than Webber's fastest, and Karthikeyan was 0.7 seconds off Di Resta and Alguersuari's best times. Not a big problem but is this really possible? When I compare HRT with Torro Rosso cars I can't get faster than 2 seconds off Rosso's car.

Conclusion:

Both mods have great AI pace, much quicker than CodeMasters' original AI even post 1.2 patch. Congratulations guys! You've made them look like children playing with big toys which they don't know how to use properly.

Kristiannn has made a big improvement towards more aware AI which don't smash into the back of you when you brake early. Pace is great and the mistakes that drivers do are more trustworthy. Only two retirements in the last race and numerous yellow flags. Challenging and fun!

ACE 1.2 has shown the same "maturity" as yesterday's test (As it should have done, its the same release :D).
No retirements/SC with the exception of several yellow flags which indicates that AI do make mistakes. What puzzles me is the final result table. You can see that in both mods I am off the pace but comparing teams/drivers pace it seems like ACE's backmarkers are slightly more consistent and quick than they should. There was a point in the race where Karthikeyan was 3 corners from lapping me. I can get 0.5-1 second from the HRT in race conditions but not more. Next time I will enable setups and see how things pan out in terms of my pace compared to the AI.

This is pretty much everything, I will do some other testing before restarting my career. Keep up the good work guys!

P.S I am accepting tips regarding my slow pace with the HRT, it just could have been me struggling with the default setup. Thanks!

P.S 2
Just watched a 100% career race results in Suzuka and the backmarkers' fastest laps were around 1.37-38 seconds, even 1.42. As you can see the improvement is huge but unrealistic for me. I will try Professional AI and enable setups to see if I'm competitive.

Could you compare the fastest lap times of the top drivers from the mods?

I could do it but didn't take screens :(
My goal was to show the pace throughout the grid, not only the ultimate, quickest, as fast as the mods can go. I will screen them next time though.

I could do it but didn't take screens :(
My goal was to show the pace throughout the grid, not only the ultimate, quickest, as fast as the mods can go. I will screen them next time though.

Make sure to screen the IN SIGHT times then. :) (If you are talking about comparing the mods.) Because Suzuka is usually a track on which the out of sight bug is bigger. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.