kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Hi All

Spent last night and today testing out the 2.1 mod. Does anyone else have some strange quali results? When you fast forward time the order is what you would expect but in real time a few strange results. e.g Hamilton quali 17th karthikeyan 15th. I tried a few races and it seems to happen each time, problem is where they qualify there pace is similar in the race. e.g Hamilton will do lap times similar to those around him and he wont make his way through the field. In another race it was Rosberg who quali 21st with slow race times. Anyone else have this? Mod would be almost perfect if the results turn out in properly without having to fast forward time.

Good job Kristiannn.

P.S. Any way of slowing legend AI by about 1 sec? Seems just a little out of reach,dont want to quali and race in 18th!. Pro level is good but fighting for win and pole in a Williams is a little unrealistic, would be too easy in RB for example. I did fresh install, patched it and using 2012 mod. There are no other mods being used.

I just did a quick test in Abu Dhabi, race only 100% legend/no aids/sims on and using a Red Bull. Im not sure if i did anything wrong with the install but the AI seems way too slow. Vettel on 2nd place was doing 1.44.8-1.45.5. As soon as i took the lead on lap 3 or 4 i started doing 1.41.7-1.42-3 as the tyre grip got worse. I spent a few laps in P4-6 to see how the AI drives and basically i could overtake them at pretty much every corner. The braking seems acceptable but the cornering speed on some turns is too slow, for example at the hairpin after the longest straight i think they could be 15-20 km/h faster. The chicane after the other long straight is also too slow and you can potentially make up to 2-3 overtakes at once. The final sector seems good although there is not much space for overtaking there. One thing i noticed though is the cornering speed on the last turn is a bit too slow and you can overtake them on the start/finish straight due to their low exit speed.

I think it would be a good idea to edit AI's car path, so they cut the cornes more. Take a look at some on boards from Abu Dhabi and see how hard they cut on those kerbs.

Now im going to give Korea a try and will report back the results.

EDIT: I forgot to mention im still running the game on 1.0 to avoid those ridiculous bugs, not sure if it makes a significant difference.

Okay so ive just done a clean installation of the game and just did Quali and part of the race. Melbourne - Legend AI - No Assists - 100% race distance
I qualified 17th in Williams.
First corner, only 1 person broke their front wing. (team mate Senna) and that was because he smashed into the back of me.
So thats better than it was.
On the 2nd last corner, Vergne smashed into the back of me for no reason.
Then on the first corner of lap 2, perez smashed into the back of raikkonnen which resulted in him smashing into the back of Di Resta, i got past them, but the race preceded to red flag.
At the restart, first corner, they smash into me (and eachother) again.

They're much better than they were, but they're still too aggressive.

It is simply because of the damage multiplier. Yes, they touch each other, but without damage multiplier, they don't break anything. If I make them not to touch each other, they won't be able to overtake. Because of the too late breakings, it's very hard for them to overtake, even with such aggression. Just don't use the damage multiplier or at least use it only for your car. Altho I can send you a file with which they're not aggressive but believe me, you'll be happier if you just go back to your original damage multiplier.

Hi All

Spent last night and today testing out the 2.1 mod. Does anyone else have some strange quali results? When you fast forward time the order is what you would expect but in real time a few strange results. e.g Hamilton quali 17th karthikeyan 15th. I tried a few races and it seems to happen each time, problem is where they qualify there pace is similar in the race. e.g Hamilton will do lap times similar to those around him and he wont make his way through the field. In another race it was Rosberg who quali 21st with slow race times. Anyone else have this? Mod would be almost perfect if the results turn out in properly without having to fast forward time.

Good job Kristiannn.

P.S. Any way of slowing legend AI by about 1 sec? Seems just a little out of reach,dont want to quali and race in 18th!. Pro level is good but fighting for win and pole in a Williams is a little unrealistic, would be too easy in RB for example. I did fresh install, patched it and using 2012 mod. There are no other mods being used.

Are you using Patch 1.2? If not, this is probably causing it. Altho, I've upgraded the qualifications in the next version but I don't think such results as Hamilton 17th are normal. Usually they're slower on the track then at the fast forward but the difference isn't that big. It's big only @ Korea and Suzuka as far as I remember. As for the decreasing their speed, it will be actually increased in the next version so you'll be able to switch to lower difficulty and you'll be alright.

I just did a quick test in Abu Dhabi, race only 100% legend/no aids/sims on and using a Red Bull. Im not sure if i did anything wrong with the install but the AI seems way too slow. Vettel on 2nd place was doing 1.44.8-1.45.5. As soon as i took the lead on lap 3 or 4 i started doing 1.41.7-1.42-3 as the tyre grip got worse. I spent a few laps in P4-6 to see how the AI drives and basically i could overtake them at pretty much every corner. The braking seems acceptable but the cornering speed on some turns is too slow, for example at the hairpin after the longest straight i think they could be 15-20 km/h faster. The chicane after the other long straight is also too slow and you can potentially make up to 2-3 overtakes at once. The final sector seems good although there is not much space for overtaking there. One thing i noticed though is the cornering speed on the last turn is a bit too slow and you can overtake them on the start/finish straight due to their low exit speed.

I think it would be a good idea to edit AI's car path, so they cut the cornes more. Take a look at some on boards from Abu Dhabi and see how hard they cut on those kerbs.

Now im going to give Korea a try and will report back the results.

EDIT: I forgot to mention im still running the game on 1.0 to avoid those ridiculous bugs, not sure if it makes a significant difference.

If you run the game on 1.2 you won't find the AI slow. With 1.0 you have sooooooo much more grip that you can fasten the AI's a lot, lot more. And I can't change their racing line btw.. It may be possible, but it's not something I understand how to do.

It is simply because of the damage multiplier. Yes, they touch each other, but without damage multiplier, they don't break anything. If I make them not to touch each other, they won't be able to overtake. Because of the too late breakings, it's very hard for them to overtake, even with such aggression. Just don't use the damage multiplier or at least use it only for your car. Altho I can send you a file with which they're not aggressive but believe me, you'll be happier if you just go back to your original damage multiplier.

Do you know what the original values of damage are for the player and AI? coz i downloaded this from F1 2010 and it works in 2011, but i dont know what the original values would be.

1.0?

i just did a 30% race with schumacher in montreal.i qualified 11th(made a mistake)and button took pole.the race was so much fun with the ai trying to overtake you with drs and a safety car in lap 16 because of di resta.in the end i finished 5th and had 3 retirements vettel,heidfeld,di resta.i think you should make vettel a lot more competitive because he fought for 5th with massa in the beginning of the race and smashed his car in turn 4 with heidfeld crashing into him as i managed to make a manuever and not crash.also another strang thing is that after the safety car massa crashed in the blue-flagged liuzzi for no reason.in general good effort but there is room for improvment!

Are you using Patch 1.2? If not, this is probably causing it. Altho, I've upgraded the qualifications in the next version but I don't think such results as Hamilton 17th are normal. Usually they're slower on the track then at the fast forward but the difference isn't that big. It's big only @ Korea and Suzuka as far as I remember. As for the decreasing their speed, it will be actually increased in the next version so you'll be able to switch to lower difficulty and you'll be alright..

Yes i'm using patch 1.2. Did a few other races to get my head around it. Canada 100% long weekend. Qualifying Vergne 5th Hulkenberg 2nd. 5 drivers not setting time in q2. 2x Sauber, Webber, Schu and Button (Mclaren again). in the race 7 car pile up on 2nd lap (no SC) 10DNFs.

In Valencia, q1 was normal. I qualified 1st in q2 as no cars came out!? They came back out in q3. All i did was extract your mod to my folders. Should I use ryder Mod Editor instead? Shouldn't be the reason tho.

Im curious if anyone else has this issue. Maybe cars are getting into traffic hence the strange quali times? but i have to admit its quite consistent through the races. I noticed on race director that quite a few cars, case in point Senna in Melbourne. 3 laps at 1.24.4 with a 1.22.9 in between. A big jump dont you think? and he wasnt the only one. I'm liking the mod but not sure what to do about quali? Any ideas? Editing tier characteristics? shouldnt be necessary tho.

Yes i'm using patch 1.2. Did a few other races to get my head around it. Canada 100% long weekend. Qualifying Vergne 5th Hulkenberg 2nd. 5 drivers not setting time in q2. 2x Sauber, Webber, Schu and Button (Mclaren again). in the race 7 car pile up on 2nd lap (no SC) 10DNFs.

In Valencia, q1 was normal. I qualified 1st in q2 as no cars came out!? They came back out in q3. All i did was extract your mod to my folders. Should I use ryder Mod Editor instead? Shouldn't be the reason tho.

Im curious if anyone else has this issue. Maybe cars are getting into traffic hence the strange quali times? but i have to admit its quite consistent through the races. I noticed on race director that quite a few cars, case in point Senna in Melbourne. 3 laps at 1.24.4 with a 1.22.9 in between. A big jump dont you think? and he wasnt the only one. I'm liking the mod but not sure what to do about quali? Any ideas? Editing tier characteristics? shouldnt be necessary tho.

I know about the qualifications. Play on short race weekends and try to fast forward (x5) as much as you can. I'll try to fix the qualifications in the next update. Editing tier characteristics won't do the trick..... :/

i just did a 30% race with schumacher in montreal.i qualified 11th(made a mistake)and button took pole.the race was so much fun with the ai trying to overtake you with drs and a safety car in lap 16 because of di resta.in the end i finished 5th and had 3 retirements vettel,heidfeld,di resta.i think you should make vettel a lot more competitive because he fought for 5th with massa in the beginning of the race and smashed his car in turn 4 with heidfeld crashing into him as i managed to make a manuever and not crash.also another strang thing is that after the safety car massa crashed in the blue-flagged liuzzi for no reason.in general good effort but there is room for improvment!

Same as I've written above. :D

I know about the qualifications. Play on short race weekends and try to fast forward (x5) as much as you can. I'll try to fix the qualifications in the next update. Editing tier characteristics won't do the trick..... :/
:D

Good luck mate, i did another test in malaysia, most of the cars spun off at turn 6 causing multiple yellow flags. No wonder half the field couldnt set a decent lap time, same with canada in sector 2. Ive noticed all the yellow flags that i have seen are in sector 2. Oh well i will survive till the next update, Keep up the good work, we all appreciate it.

Do you know what the original values of damage are for the player and AI? coz i downloaded this from F1 2010 and it works in 2011, but i dont know what the original values would be.

1.0?
0.5 for the player and 1.0 for ai are the original values. I would keep the player value higher than 0.5 otherwise as you probably know its a tank!

0.5 for the player and 1.0 for ai are the original values. I would keep the player value higher than 0.5 otherwise as you probably know its a tank!

Thanks, but i didnt end up needing them as i have reinstalled the game yet again to get rid of this mod. cant stand the constant crashing, even with the AI strong, they still crash, non stop. ahah.
Oh well. The standard AI isnt too bad. Plus it means i can run a higher damage setting so the cars arnt such bull dozers ahah

I find the AI fast enough in races, but in v1.1 they were much more competitive in the meaning that they would try to overtake me much more. Here for example in istanbul at the end of the long straight, they're right behind me and and they don't try to jump out next to me in to the hairpin but in v1.1 they did and sometimes they succeeded. Here it takes that i have to make a mistake for them to overtake me.

Is it nessecary to restart my career because I would really like to try this mod, but I already started my secound season and put a lot effort in the 100% races. Or is it possible that it might just work with my save game?

Is it nessecary to restart my career because I would really like to try this mod, but I already started my secound season and put a lot effort in the 100% races. Or is it possible that it might just work with my save game?

Well backup your original files and try. The sign that it isn't working alright is simple - everything is upside down. Top teams at the bottom, virgins at the top. I recommend you to backup your savegame too because it may get auto-deleted. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.1%