kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Try one of those you found most difficult to get right. For me most work very good, although some (like suzuka) seem to have slipped through.

Well I already put mine. Could you try? For example the lap times @ Montreal are slow in my mod. I tried to improve it but I couldn't do it very good. You can also try Monza, as it's a track without many corners. Just drive with for example Button behind the race leader (~half a second behind or even a full second) and just drive behind him and watch. I did 3 laps races. Try to be 2nd. Behind the leader. And if the leader is Massa, then you should let someone pass so you can look at his time because Massa is slow.. :D Just don't let them to have to block each other because they'll lose time this way. :)

hey kristiann, great v2.3 AI MOD, thank you.. I played 2 races yesterday on 50% distance. First race in Montreal using Default setups. I was ALONSO btw

Qualified 1st with a 1,11.2xx
Second was hamilton just .1xx of the pace so really good soo far..

Race, i was first all the way till the end of the race, hamilton allways 1-2 seconds behind throughout the whole race!! It seemed he had better pace than me but i would always pit 1 lap before him and come out in front of him..
Only problem is when he try to overtake me on the last turn (with DRS) he gets on the inside line, brakes too late and crashes into the wall on the right hand side.. this causes his front wing to completely come off.. It is hard to explain what they do, you may need to check it out.. This happens all the time, they cant correct them selves when they overtake on the last "S" turn..
Also, the AI always and i mean always hit that right hand wall even when they dont overtake, but this doesnt cause damage..

only 2 retirements and 1 SC in the whole race, so pretty good..

hey kristiann, great v2.3 AI MOD, thank you.. I played 2 races yesterday on 50% distance. First race in Montreal using Default setups. I was ALONSO btw

Qualified 1st with a 1,11.2xx
Second was hamilton just .1xx of the pace so really good soo far..

Race, i was first all the way till the end of the race, hamilton allways 1-2 seconds behind throughout the whole race!! It seemed he had better pace than me but i would always pit 1 lap before him and come out in front of him..
Only problem is when he try to overtake me on the last turn (with DRS) he gets on the inside line, brakes too late and crashes into the wall on the right hand side.. this causes his front wing to completely come off.. It is hard to explain what they do, you may need to check it out.. This happens all the time, they cant correct them selves when they overtake on the last "S" turn..
Also, the AI always and i mean always hit that right hand wall even when they dont overtake, but this doesnt cause damage..

only 2 retirements and 1 SC in the whole race, so pretty good..

Thanks, I'll check it out.

@ Kristiannn

More testing - going well really enjoying 2.3
Just another question, I made the change to the database file to slow done the tier 5 teams - worked great.
But how do I slow done HRT even more - ideally I want them another second or slow behind the Virgins.

Happy Easter :)

Yeah, bottom teams are a bit quicker than they should be in my opinion.

Okey dokey, I'll address it in the next version.

@ Kristiannn

More testing - going well really enjoying 2.3
Just another question, I made the change to the database file to slow done the tier 5 teams - worked great.
But how do I slow done HRT even more - ideally I want them another second or slow behind the Virgins.

Happy Easter :)

Well just lower the team's performance..

Is this what matter to you only? Pure lap times? Ha-ha. They are simulated when you fast forward anyway. It's a race against the clock. And when you go to race, it not only lap times... its their aggression that was too much.

Okey dokey, I'll address it in the next version.

Well just lower the team's performance..

Hi Kristiann - how?
I changed the power (BHP) to no avail in f1teams and also the virtual performance but no difference in speed for HRT drivers.
What tab would you suggest I modify and how to reduce HRT by about a second per lap.
Thanks in advance.

Sao Paulo qualifying and race is much too easy. Driving as Perez, got pole and won by 20 seconds. (50% distance)

EDIT: AI isn't aggressive enough, they still back out of overtaking opportunities. I haven't had any crashes or broekn front wings so I dont know what everyone else is talking aobut.

EDIT: Every track is too easy except Suzuka. Suzuka is good.

EDIT: India qualifying is about 0.5 - 1 second to slow, race pace is good though

Hi Kristiann - how?
I changed the power (BHP) to no avail in f1teams and also the virtual performance but no difference in speed for HRT drivers.
What tab would you suggest I modify and how to reduce HRT by about a second per lap.
Thanks in advance.

Lower the team's virtual performance. Not the BHP and etc.. :D

Really good mod. I've only done races so far and the pace is quite good. Need to decrease the braking distance of la source at spa and les combes as well

I'll check this too when I have time.

Sao Paulo qualifying and race is much too easy. Driving as Perez, got pole and won by 20 seconds. (50% distance)

EDIT: AI isn't aggressive enough, they still back out of overtaking opportunities. I haven't had any crashes or broekn front wings so I dont know what everyone else is talking aobut.

EDIT: Every track is too easy except Suzuka. Suzuka is good.

EDIT: India qualifying is about 0.5 - 1 second to slow, race pace is good though

There are some tracks on which the AI just can't get fast. Example: Montreal. The AI is insanely easy there. I'm doing my best, as for the qualifyings - it's easy to do so I may increase India's quali pace.

on changing the racing line: It theoretically is possible, but I haven't found a way to edit the ai_track without the game crashing on the track loading screen. If someone would figure that out, even the racing line could be changed.

An answer for Kristiann: If I skip the Practice sessions (or accelerate the time during the sessions), or accelerate the time during the Qualification (also using the command to do "Launch lap" and not manually exiting the pit (to prevent tyre bug)): those actions can produce strange times or performances of the AI in Qualification? The right difficult to use is "Professional" right? With Legend in Qualification the AI set monster-unreal times (me, with a Toro Rosso, beaten by some lower cars... the other midfield cars faster than me). Thanks for the attention Kristiann. :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 74 59.2%