DiRT Rally Is Dirt Rally close to RBR's physics/FFB now?

Not literally but......
Read post #138 one more time !
Slowly ;)

That was my post. I was replying to someone else who was also confused as to your gender. You had it down as male, so hence the confusion. No harm done now we know what sex you are. ;)

Anyway back on topic. DR is not as good or as realistic in the handling and physics sense in comparison to RBR, I'll agree with you on that. But in other respects it is coming along nicely. I just wish Codemmasters would get rid of the childish, arcade console styled replays and give us full control of replays. I would also like an option to move the seating view backwards and forwards and up and down as I see fit. With these changes and a few changes on the physics side, DR could become legendary amongst PC Rally sims.

I keep convincing myself that more recent added content has better replays than the earliest stages. Probably not true, but I remain hopeful that Codemasters will go fully external camera (with drone/helicopter shots included) like you. It's such a simple thing, surely?

yes yes yes, we want proper replays to be able to see what we did wrong (and sometimes right) from a realistic perspective and not from one preordained by codies which more often than not does not give us a proper angle. should be quite easy to do technically just a lot of work to find good angles for each of the 100+ turns on each track. I can see why it is not high on their list atm if you compare this task to setting up virtual cameras around a circuit with maybe 15 turns all in all.

Last edited:
I keep convincing myself that more recent added content has better replays than the earliest stages. Probably not true, but I remain hopeful that Codemasters will go fully external camera (with drone/helicopter shots included) like you. It's such a simple thing, surely?

I agree, Germany is alot better than the previous rallies. Finland is even better. I think ;)

With the Finland-Update came a revised handling model, which turns out to feel way better than before. I am starting to get a feel for the weight of the car, which was a bit dull before. AWD cars feel very natural to control and there is a distinct difference between the different eras. still have to drive RWD. the force feedback is a tad lighter (for me) but also made huge improvements. it really starts to undermine RBR's Top-Position.

still not sure about tyre choice. one really cool thing about RBR was choosing tyres, especially in the monte carlo mod. could have a big impact on your performance on different parts of the track. we had epic fights here in the rally club!
thats really missing in DR. There are and have been so many different tyre strategies in national rallys or WRC - if I knew which tyres I'm on, I could make up my mind easier as if DR is realistic or else.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.