DiRT Rally Is Dirt Rally close to RBR's physics/FFB now?

As soon as all cars are V2 they will update the FFB that became lighter after V2 came about with much less downforce than before.
I really think this relates to the tarmac as it feels good on gravel already.

After long time use ;)

Graphics 8-1/2 ( Wet tarmac reflections need fixing )
Physics 5 ( Needs more work )
FFB 4 ( Needs more work )
Audio 8 ( Lots of sound FX are missing like Impacts, Tire squeal etc etc )
Stages 9 ( More unique stages are needed not just 2 per country )
Damage 6

Graphics 8-1/2 ( Wet tarmac reflections need fixing )
Physics 5 ( Needs more work )
FFB 4 ( Needs more work )
Audio 8 ( Lots of sound FX are missing like Impacts, Tire squeal etc etc )
Stages 9 ( More unique stages are needed not just 2 per country )
Damage 6

Wow! I did not expect the important stuff to be that low. Though I agree on most, I would switch FFB for damage. From ending my race in a single crash in RBR to an unlimited amount of resets after full speed tree colision in DR, it feels like a complete joke.

Just think the feel of it is so much better now, FFB is pretty good but still room for improvement
After trying the last version, I agree the FFB does the job though I still find myself forced to use a cam mod, but I really wish there was a working damage mod out there.

In the latest DR live stream they talked about terminal damage. They currently don't offer it, but have at least removed the flashbacks from earlier DiRT games. The latest patch did increase the chance of component failure, however.

They are aware that a very small minority of users would like more realistic damage where a single mistake will end your rally, the only question is whether it's important enough to implement in the very limited remaining dev time (realistically they are now in the bug fix and polish phase).

The alternative is that you can simply retire yourself if you wrap your car around a tree.... Same end result.... ;)

In the latest DR live stream they talked about terminal damage. They currently don't offer it, but have at least removed the flashbacks from earlier DiRT games. The latest patch did increase the chance of component failure, however.

They are aware that a very small minority of users would like more realistic damage where a single mistake will end your rally, the only question is whether it's important enough to implement in the very limited remaining dev time (realistically they are now in the bug fix and polish phase).

The alternative is that you can simply retire yourself if you wrap your car around a tree.... Same end result.... ;)
If I understand you correctly, I have experienced terminal damage. Came off the road at speed into the trees which ended my rally with over 80% damage. Thing I do find though punctures seem to be rather common place.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.