DiRT Rally Is Dirt Rally close to RBR's physics/FFB now?

I would also love to see Codemasters being able to use the base they have now towards WRC, however, that license are gone for a couple of years I think.

And as a huge Rallycross-fan I would like to see them make a proper WRX game when they have the license!

I would also love to see Codemasters being able to use the base they have now towards WRC, however, that license are gone for a couple of years I think.

And as a huge Rallycross-fan I would like to see them make a proper WRX game when they have the license!

In my opinion a WRC license would only mean restrictions and lack o freedom. Add that they must put the game out on a yearly basis, it's a def no for me.

In my opinion a WRC license would only mean restrictions and lack o freedom. Add that they must put the game out on a yearly basis, it's a def no for me.
I get the feeling that's where DR is headed anyways with the WRX license. CM are no strangers to DLC, and while they haven't completely ruled out DLC (or mod support), I think the likelihood of either happening are about as good as getting the replay system overhauled (they already shot that down). Why would you make a game like this and NOT try to cash in a bit more after release in the form of DLC? And if not DLC, why not offer your player base the means to prolong the life of the game?

I think the likelihood of either happening are about as good as getting the replay system overhauled (they already shot that down).

Have they actually stated that they will not do better trackside only replays? This is the only part I detest about DR, the arcade, console silly replays. I just want trackside brodcast replays. Every other race sim can manage it. Why can't codemasters?

Have they actually stated that they will not do better trackside only replays? This is the only part I detest about DR, the arcade, console silly replays. I just want trackside brodcast replays. Every other race sim can manage it. Why can't codemasters?
It's a matter of development time, of course, since they would need to revise their EGO engine to do this. Just like rebuilding the cockpit animations for greater than 180 degrees wheel turning. They can invest time in that, but it comes out of the development time to add new features.

What are decent replays worth in terms of loss?

Don't get me wrong, I agree completely. My love for Gran Turismo is almost entirely built upon the superb replays that game offers, for instance.

If you want replays to become a thing, pushing for attention on the official forums is the best way forward. Enough pressure from the users and Codemsters have shown they will prioritize different features.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/530646715633688873/#c530646715634655111
I don't know how much work adding the necessary trackside cameras to stages would be or if it falls within the scope of what they are willing to do. But I took it as they want replays (as they are now) to work bugfree and then forget about it.

I just want trackside brodcast replays.
I agree. I don't like the automatic switching from roof cam to fender cam to cockpit cam, etc, however I do love when it switches to the TV broadcast track-side cameras. And that helicopter cam is my absolute favorite. Those views are just gorgeous. I like that we have a button to switch to a particular camera, but I do not like that we can't choose the TV or helicopter cams.

When I have accidentally slid off the side of a cliff in Greece in spectacular fashion, I want to go back and see the replay from the helicopter. Not the right rear fender.

Don't get me wrong, I agree completely. My love for Gran Turismo is almost entirely built upon the superb replays that game offers, for instance.

If you want replays to become a thing, pushing for attention on the official forums is the best way forward. Enough pressure from the users and Codemsters have shown they will prioritize different features.

The official DR forum seems to be runned by ex dictators !
One wrong word and you're banned for good !

yep, don't we most of us play these games to step for an hour or so into someone else's shoes and so we want to afterwards see what we have done, like all self-centred modern persons? :) i would love to have a replay system based roughly on the wrc videos on the wrc hoempage, where you have 80% outside cameras, 15% inside and 5% heli or drone and also drivername and car in an infobox onscreen, or even better a timer running, too.

I hate this credit thing so consolish, I hate this career **** is nothing like real career just makes you drive all the cars no matter if you like it... I want to enjoy online without having to loose hours on fake stupid tournaments with boring 100hp 1960 mini...

The physics I barely can judge the only comparison i have from IRL is 350 subaru wrx sti, 240hp audi s3 quattro and 210hp Opel Vectra turbo 4x4 on the streets and no matter they have power depends on the tarmac and the tyres but generally they couldnt spin too much all 4 wheels on more than 1st gear only the subaru but it still nothing too much.Have not play rsrbr from years bu I remember it feeling like you drive 1000hp hypercar with no electronics it was very uncontrolable on full throttle even on a straight line and having in mind they should have much better tyres and suspension I believe this is too much...300hp rally car is not that powerfull...

DIrt rally braking is more stable than it should and the grip is the same no matter if it rains or not than no different tyres is veery very bad thing for a sim...damage model and repair is also very bad at this point - what is this fixing tyres from 90 to 94% I dont get it you apply some more rubber on them or what :D How they even come with this :D

It needs dynamic weather with % of forecast so you need to choose between intermediate or wet etc...

Still so many important features are missing it is just far from real sim now.. I doubt it will get any better on final release but will see...

The true is somewhere between them but I would go for dirt rally, rbr is too outdated graphics and sound mainly which is killing the imerssion for me and making my 1200 euro spent for PC useless.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%