Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Hi guys. I've been trying to do my own ghetto conversions of Patrick's GSCE tracks to AMS but I am not winning. I don't have GSCE so I can't copy any files over, so I am wondering if that may be the problem.

I've tried changing the MASFiles to;
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

But I get the following error message; ''Error opening MAS file CLOUDDEFAULTS.MAS''

Weird thing is some of the GSCE tracks work right away. I've downloaded Zolder,Paul Ricard, Monza and Hockenheimring Historic from the GSCE mod section and they work perfectly but Silverstone Historic and the CART tracks don't work. They go to the track loading screen but the red loading bar doesn't move and when I TAB out of the game I see that error message.

But I get the following error message; ''Error opening MAS file CLOUDDEFAULTS.MAS''

;)

Okay, I tried;
CloudsDefault.MAS and Clouddefaults.MAS but it still doesn't work.

Below are the two types of changes (in bold) I have tried making to the Silverstone Historic, Long Beach and Indianapolis .SCN files. I'm new to this, so I wouldn't be surprised if I am doing or missing something stupid.

//-------------------------------------------------------

SearchPath=.
SearchPath=ReizaCommon
SearchPath=SilverstoneHistoric88

//-------------------------------------------------------

MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS OR MASFile=CloudDefaults.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

MASFile=commonmaps.mas
MASFile=Silverstone88.MAS
MASFile=Silverstone88map.MAS

if you link to a cloudsdefault.mas then there has to be a cloudsdefault.mas and not a clouddefaults.mas

but even with the right naming the mas file has to be there, if there isnt this file you will get the error too ^^

Also instead of guessing what the mas files are called you always need to follow the scn file for every individual track and verify those mas files actually exist. Then pay atttention if the track fail as they usually show an error. From there you unpack mas files to verify missing files. Many SCE tracks will work being copied directly over but many may also have different files needed from different mas files. In some instances the exact mas file from SCE may be needed.
Modding tracks is something many of us have done for years. There is much trial and error involved. I have any of the tracks mentioned above working in AMS and would be happy to share my files with you so you can learn. ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys. I've been trying to do my own ghetto conversions of Patrick's GSCE tracks to AMS but I am not winning. I don't have GSCE so I can't copy any files over, so I am wondering if that may be the problem.

I've tried changing the MASFiles to;
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

Weird thing is some of the GSCE tracks work right away. I've downloaded Zolder,Paul Ricard, Monza and Hockenheimring Historic from the GSCE mod section and they work perfectly but Silverstone Historic and the CART tracks don't work. They go to the track loading screen but the red loading bar doesn't move and when I TAB out of the game I see that error message.

Why not just wait for Patrick to do them properly?

Also instead of guessing what the mas files are called you always need to follow the scn file for every individual track and verify those mas files actually exist. Then pay atttention if the track fail as they usually show an error. From there you unpack mas files to verify missing files. Many SCE tracks will work being copied directly over but many may also have different files needed from different mas files. In some instances the exact mas file from SCE may be needed.
Modding tracks is something many of us have done for years. There is much trial and error involved. I have any of the tracks mentioned above working in AMS and would be happy to share my files with you so you can learn. ;)

Taking your advice, I made a new clean copy of SCE Silverstone Historic without going in to the .scn file and I see the error is the 'CLOUDSMED.MAS' file. I went in to the ReizaCommon folder and saw that there is no CloudsMed.MAS .scn file. Then I investigated Monza Historic's .scn file and see that it too uses a CloudsMed.MAS but Monza loads up perfectly. Very weird. Has me completely stumped.

Does anyone have any knowledge on tdf files? I'm working on Kerpen Kart Circuit (where schumi learnt his trade) from RF. I've got the skies working but the tdf file is present in the folder but I cannot leave the pits, it just does that bouncing on the ground thing (usually tdf related). Any ideas how I can fix this? I've tried different tdf files as well...nothing works. Are there just some RF tracks that wont work in AMS - I did get it working fine in SCE however.

Does anyone have any knowledge on tdf files? I'm working on Kerpen Kart Circuit (where schumi learnt his trade) from RF. I've got the skies working but the tdf file is present in the folder but I cannot leave the pits, it just does that bouncing on the ground thing (usually tdf related). Any ideas how I can fix this? I've tried different tdf files as well...nothing works. Are there just some RF tracks that wont work in AMS - I did get it working fine in SCE however.
the road you drive in pits have a material name. lets say roadpit.

In the tdf you see this kind of things :

Dry=1.00 Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.002 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Max=256 Duration=1.2 Scale=(.1,.05,.05) Scraping=1 Sound=dry
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=smokewhite.tga Max=1000 Scale=(0.8,0.8,0.8) Growth=(2.5,2.5,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(1.5,0.2,8.0) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=skid Tex=skiddry.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=road

Add the material name in red :

Dry=1.00 Wet=RoadWetGrip Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.002 BumpWavelen=0.0 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Max=256 Duration=1.2 Scale=(.1,.05,.05) Scraping=1 Sound=dry
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=smokewhite.tga Max=1000 Scale=(0.8,0.8,0.8) Growth=(2.5,2.5,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(1.5,0.2,8.0) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=skid Tex=skiddry.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=road,roadpit

the road you drive in pits have a material name. lets say roadpit.

In the tdf you see this kind of things :

Materials=road

Add the material name in red :

Materials=road,roadpit
Ok, thanks Patrick I'll try that tonight! Fingers crossed

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back