Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

I think there is a easier method in order to avoid errors with SCE tracks... (sorry if it is already posted, I have not read the 9 pages of this thread).

Just copy all the files from:

\Automobilista\GameData\Locations\ReizaCommon\bak

TO:

\Automobilista\GameData\Locations\ReizaCommon\

So you don't need to modify any SCN file, etc. I have no errors on any SCE track...

Thanks for the tip, hjtzz. It makes it a little easier.

Again I have most any track already converted if you like. I just cant post them here as they are other peoples work and not up to AMS standards.

Thanks for the offer. If you have these 3 it would be nice;
- Silverstone Historic (track works, but I have a black square for the sun. Tried to follow tips I saw earlier in the thread but I can't get it right)
- Estoril Historic (same as Silverstone. Track works but I am stuck with a black square for the sun)
- Cleveland CART track (It has an error loading a texture for TEAMTRUCK09. Only CART track I can't get to work)

I hope I am not asking for too much and thanks again for your help and patience.

someone knows whats the reason for no sky?

on all our old tracks we had a extra sky.mas like reiza did it on sce, with the same now you wont get a dark night... to solve this problem i had to add the sky files from the sky.mas into the tracks.mas...

on some tracks everything is working now but on others i dont have a sky... its just black -.-

already tried to copy the values from the example files (gdb and scn) reiza has added to the beta but still no luck to get a sky -.-

screenshot8159.png

whats strange, if i remove the files from the tracks mas and add them back to a own sky.mas its working....

Use the commonmaps.mas from GSCE and rename it to something like commonmapsgsc.mas and paste it to automobilista\gamedata\locations (you will then have two files commonmaps.mas & commonmapsgsc.mas),

Then in each GSCE track .scn point it to commonmapsgsc.mas then the sun should work properly.

Snetterton GSCE track for AMS Example:

SearchPath=.
SearchPath=ReizaCommon
SearchPath=ReizaCommon\bak (added but probably not needed as i used ams sky anyway)
SearchPath=BTCC2011
SearchPath=BTCC2011\Snetterton_BTCC11
SearchPath=BTCC2011\Snetterton_BTCC11\Snetterton_BTCC11

//-------------------------------------------------------
MASFile=CloudsRandomA5.MAS (changed)
MASFile=SkyEuro.MAS (changed)
MASFile=Sky.MAS
MASFile=spring.mas
MASFile=BTCC2011_SnettertonMesh.MAS
MASFile=BTCC2011_SnettertonText.MAS
MASFile=COMMONMAPSGSC.MAS (changed)

I'm having difficulty getting the sky to work for the GSCE version of F1 Total Circuit (dl'd from xtremefactor.es). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Normally the track will not load because it can't load the sky files. When I delete the "sky" section from the .scn file, the track will load, but the sky is solid grey and the track objects (signs, lights, etc.) create a trail effect when driving past them.

The following section of the .scn file seem to be whats causing the trouble:

Instance=skyboxi
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=skyboxi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
Instance=Sky
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=Sky.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}
}

I tried deleting that entire section and replacing it with the "MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS, MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS" trick, but that doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

What was the reason, mate? I have same dark sky with Masaryk Circuit, but strangely only if I set early morning hours - when I use track's default time it is all OK and AMS sky is there. o_O

i took the sky files from caruaru so i tried to copy all the gdb lines for the light stuff into my tracks gdb and it worked ^^

from skyblend... to nightfog...

now every track has the same :D

Last edited:
@Dethrone1427 thanks so much, but I already managed the problem after what Alex said :thumbsup: It is the old Brno 1965 (Masaryk) circuit I had problem with. Since now it fully works If anyone wants it, just poke me in the PM ;)
@PATR10T Yeah, now when I understand how skies work in AMS (I had no idea setting up date was somehow important) will be much easier :cool:

im no track modder normally so i dont know about all this little pieces what have effect on other things like the date and latitude on the sky... beside this i dont know how to set them up right to work with a different sky or what i have todo with a sky to work with the values what are already there when porting a track from sce to ams...

so when i saw this way is working i did it on all my tracks, it worked and was a overall fast job... even when they use all the same sky and values now but i dont really know what should be the difference when using a different date and latitude :D

for me more important are the right shaders and no f1 sponsoring anymore...

hello, Im newbie in AMS and I have a Question please, I have converted a rf1 Track and it works fine, now I have edited this two Lines
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS, and it looks not bad, the only thing is I have no clouds, what I'm doing wrong or ist this not possible?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back