Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

For clarification purposes, can you confirm that "your Zandvoort" is scratch-made by you?

Watch my website: www.riches.nl/tracks
Some of my work is on there.
Zandvoort was a comercial release so every vertex and pixel is done by me from scratch.
Currently the rights to Zandvoort are bought by ISI, i'm currently producing a major updated version for rF2.
I produce tracks mostly for professional racing teams, for their driver training programs.
Tracks change every year or even by racing class.
Regular sims or mods are rarely accurate enough.
So with the physics data and direct driver feedback we try so we get as close as possible to the real thing. Nice work.

Last edited:
@ REM1976 You're out of line. Move on.
No, you're out of line. The whole freakin' system is out of line. You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth. 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do. Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown.

Stay on topic please guys, and avoid insulting each other.

@REM1976 Try here for your movie quotes, they can easily be misunderstood in this forum when quoted out of context, and people don't know the source.

Cheers :)

a-few-good-men.jpg

Last edited:
Watch my website: www.riches.nl/tracks
Some of my work is on there.
Zandvoort was a comercial release so every vertex and pixel is done by me from scratch.
Currently the rights to Zandvoort are bought by ISI, i'm currently producing a major updated version for rF2.
I produce tracks mostly for professional racing teams, for their driver training programs.
Tracks change every year or even by racing class.
Regular sims or mods are rarely accurate enough.
So with the physics data and direct driver feedback we try so we get as close as possible to the real thing. Nice work.

Link to your site is not working here, but I gather the pic you called-out is an AMS conversion of something you created for another title. Do you, the other sim title owners, or the track owners have the rights to prevent a conversion in this situation?

Regardless, I look forward to driving on the updated track in rF2 in the future!

Thanks for info.

Last edited:
Reactions: hex
Hey guys just thought i would ask this here instead of creating a new post...
My question.. Is it possible to convert tracks from NR2003 to AMS ?
I know its a old sim and and a completely different game engine but there is some tracks i made for NR2003 in the old sandbox editor that i would love to convert to AMS :)
If this should be asked in a separate post let me know :)

• Deleted member 130869

Hey guys just thought i would ask this here instead of creating a new post...
My question.. Is it possible to convert tracks from NR2003 to AMS ?
I know its a old sim and and a completely different game engine but there is some tracks i made for NR2003 in the old sandbox editor that i would love to convert to AMS :)
If this should be asked in a separate post let me know :)

I read into the different way these tracks are made (for the older games). I think GPL and NR2003 use a different method, they go off 3DOs which would serve as a guidance to creating the physical mesh for rF, instead of it being a straight-up conversion. But given the amount of GPL and NR2003 tracks converted into F1C and rF1 (and rF2 and AC), you'd think it was a "direct" procedure. That format is what I believe allows a lot of these very old tracks to still have smooth looking track edges, and often look better than somewhat recent material.

Link to your site is not working here, but I gather the pic you called-out is an AMS conversion of something you created for another title. Do you, the other sim title owners, or the track owners have the rights to prevent a conversion in this situation?

Regardless, I look forward to driving on the updated track in rF2 in the future!

Thanks for info.

"have the rights to prevent a conversion in this situation", a compnay or person can ask/demand a website to takedown the copyright infringement. As that website is spreading illegal material. That Zandvoort version is still in use with a running commercial product. https://www.simraceway.com/tracks/zandvoort

ps. here is the proper link to a webpage with some of my work.
http://www.riches.nl/tracks/tracks.html

• Deleted member 130869

"have the rights to prevent a conversion in this situation", a compnay or person can ask/demand a website to takedown the copyright infringement. As that website is spreading illegal material. That Zandvoort version is still in use with a running commercial product. https://www.simraceway.com/tracks/zandvoort

I remember that you and a couple of other guys like to work at "high resolution" (basically, most fidelity) and tune it down from the master to fit the game. How is the downsizing progressing as the games evolve, vs what it used to be, vs what your source material is? Is there still a lot of ways to go for a game to feasibly reproduce the content basically as you created it?

looool "still in use with a running commercial product" there still people playing srw? i think you can be happy that someone thinks its a great track and will give it a new life and a game whats played ;)

I remember that you and a couple of other guys like to work at "high resolution" (basically, most fidelity) and tune it down from the master to fit the game. How is the downsizing progressing as the games evolve, vs what it used to be, vs what your source material is? Is there still a lot of ways to go for a game to feasibly reproduce the content basically as you created it?

I have the directors cut version without about 2 till 4x the resolution sitting on my HD.
The base material from that is party now being used to create a much more accurate version of Zandvoort for the rF2 platform. Now with the help of pointcloud data and much more detailed arial photography.
Add another another 2 photo excursions for updating all trackside objects and buildings to the latest spec. So you guys going to be in for a treat when it's finished.

I have the directors cut version without about 2 till 4x the resolution sitting on my HD.
The base material from that is party now being used to create a much more accurate version of Zandvoort for the rF2 platform. Now with the help of pointcloud data and much more detailed arial photography.
Add another another 2 photo excursions for updating all trackside objects and buildings to the latest spec. So you guys going to be in for a treat when it's finished.
I'm guessing you won't make a new version for Automobilista?

Anyone had any joy converting GRID or NFS tracks? I finally got Willow Springs working, but yoko docks, jarama all have beaten me. Something about a sky texture. I've added the commonmaps from rf and added that to the scn file which usually allowed me to race those trickier rf tracks. They look awesome...such a shame. I deleted the sky.gmt and skybox.gmt as I read that in a thread on an rf website...any ideas?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%