Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

That's why we are all happy if Patrick does them..so we know it's a quality track. I only download tracks from Patrick...the only "mods" that are going into my AMS folder. There is enough super content with AMS. But as I love the Formula Cars, it's always great to have some Formula Tracks from Patrick.

That's why we are all happy if Patrick does them..so we know it's a quality track. I only download tracks from Patrick...the only "mods" that are going into my AMS folder. There is enough super content with AMS. But as I love the Formula Cars, it's always great to have some Formula Tracks from Patrick.
but if there were more people to make tracks with the same quality would be better. I for one am ready to make mods but also I would like do track with the same quality
my only problem is on the asphalt, the sky grass already I can do

Last edited:
Guys, apparently you did not get what is going there.
So I repeat again.
- I got some special infos and processes from Reiza some years ago but it was only because I signed a NDA, non disclosure agreement.
- when Reiza bought ISI motor, they also signed for a non-modding agreement. So they cant support modding under AMS.
- having infos is one thing, getting them correctly and handling 3dsmax is really another story. Believe me It was long Hours of learnings. You dont do 2 clics and It Is ok. And tracks are all done is the way the modder did it, so It becomes quickly tricky to handle each time you start something.

The first two points are the main reasons why I cant help as you expect. 3rd is only A reflection about this modding.
I receive PM everyday, I always help If It Is In The limit of The NDA.
I see many tracks simply converted from rf In rf2 or assetto. We Have the chance to push the things further here but please see that as a chance and not something I must share.
Everybody is free to upload tracks. On my side I dont see any point release old tracks looking In AMS (or In assetto or rf2) and I made my own way to reach what I do now. It was hard but now I am satisfied of what I can provide. As said It Is a chance, The best thing to do IMO is to take these tracks as a gift or a bonus. Due to legal agreement, It can only be like this...

Guys, apparently you did not get what is going there.
So I repeat again.
- I got some special infos and processes from Reiza some years ago but it was only because I signed a NDA, non disclosure agreement.
- when Reiza bought ISI motor, they also signed for a non-modding agreement. So they cant support modding under AMS.
- having infos is one thing, getting them correctly and handling 3dsmax is really another story. Believe me It was long Hours of learnings. You dont do 2 clics and It Is ok. And tracks are all done is the way the modder did it, so It becomes quickly tricky to handle each time you start something.

The first two points are the main reasons why I cant help as you expect. 3rd is only A reflection about this modding.
I receive PM everyday, I always help If It Is In The limit of The NDA.
I see many tracks simply converted from rf In rf2 or assetto. We Have the chance to push the things further here but please see that as a chance and not something I must share.
Everybody is free to upload tracks. On my side I dont see any point release old tracks looking In AMS (or In assetto or rf2) and I made my own way to reach what I do now. It was hard but now I am satisfied of what I can provide. As said It Is a chance, The best thing to do IMO is to take these tracks as a gift or a bonus. Due to legal agreement, It can only be like this...

I understand and fully understand my friend, but I'm sorry to be yes

It seems to me that the ghetto converted tracks have less grip in AMS than the stock & properly converted tracks and also less than in GSCE. Perhaps it's my imagination.

Is there a quick fix in the TDF file to bump up the overall grip? Or some other better method?

We used 1.10 in league before and we were NEVER 10 seconds faster on any track. Anyway, its the value to easily adjust grip, which is what @Pudu he was asking about. 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 doesn't do much at all. About 1.05 is where you start to really feel it.

Well to give an example, one step softer tire compound in most F1 mods is typically about 0.5% more grip (=1.005). Your 10% increase of road grip equals 20 steps softer compound, it makes no sense for any surface. FSR league we use 1.0 and even 1.01 gives you almost a second in laptime, but who knows, maybe it's different in AMS than rF2...

Sorry to bother you more about this, but can you specify what does this exactly imply? Does it mean that adding basic AMS features to modded tracks, such as dynamic racing line, will never become knowledge available to the community? If so, I can't see a very bright future for this sim, as competitors like rF2 and AC support modding fully.

And now what do you think of the asphalt ? I would like the opinion of all

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    779.8 KB · Views: 371

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back