Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

Those specs look more reasonable and it has cooling fins which which is a good sign yeah the lepai should push it no prob, but again I haven't test those so you can't call me names it they burn out, do your research.:D

ive just got done setting it up your way jeff and it feels amazing throughout my rig i feel everything much better its like its singing to me lol..i set up sim seat for pucks under seat and sim shifter for pucks under pedals..now i noticed something strange i can still feel gear shift through the seat even if i turn off sim vibe seat.. i use gear shift vibe on sim shifter which are on pedals but for some reason it still comes through seat lol!! everything else works separate though but all in all works great..some things in simvibe i feel dont work very well like all of the textures i dont use them because the feeling is just not my cuppa tea and also my pucks just sound like they are clattering to death with the texture settings.the rig feels so good at the moment im not even sure i need a bigger kicker for under my seat!!

Be careful with chattering you can smoke the transducers, try to limit it . in regards to the shifting signal Just keep testing and tweaking, I still mess with mine all time and with sim 4 your can save individual car settings. Real happy for ya, enjoy.

Well I ended up making a board to mount the 2 pucks under my pedals. I've got a 1/4" piece of plywood mounted to my wheel stand. Two pucks mounted to the wood, then my pedals mounted on top of the pucks to the wood. Yeah, doesn't work very well. I get less vibes now then when I just strapped the pucks to the aluminum straps securing the pedals. Back to the drawing board on that one.

It's amazing how used to the buzzing you get. I was messing around in Assetto Corsa yesterday and since the pedals weren't working very well I just turned them off. Yeah, no where near as much fun as before.

Well I ended up making a board to mount the 2 pucks under my pedals. I've got a 1/4" piece of plywood mounted to my wheel stand. Two pucks mounted to the wood, then my pedals mounted on top of the pucks to the wood. Yeah, doesn't work very well. I get less vibes now then when I just strapped the pucks to the aluminum straps securing the pedals. Back to the drawing board on that one.

It's amazing how used to the buzzing you get. I was messing around in Assetto Corsa yesterday and since the pedals weren't working very well I just turned them off. Yeah, no where near as much fun as before.
i think its the type of wood you are using thats not giving you good feed back...try a harder wood if you can.or buy a sheet of aluminum of ebay cheap.

Hi Guys, after reading your posts I decided to buy 4 Dayton pucks 2 Lepai LP-268 amps, Sabrent 8 channel 3d USB 2.0 external sound card. I bought sim vibe and installed sim commander 3. so it seems like I have everything I need if I have read the previous posts correctly. I have a turtle beach x41 wireless headset that I use as my normal gaming sound etc. I only have 2 pucks connected to my sound card installed in the pc due to one of my amps not coming with a power lead. My headset is connected to the external sound card. When I load up Assetto Corsa and launch through sim commander it only plays sound out of my pucks or my headset I cant seem to get sound out of my headset and feel the vibrations that I should be feeling from the telemetry at the same time etc. I don't know what to do as I want to hear my normal sound through the headset and obviously feel all the effects that sim vibe can produce but its just not working. If any of you guys could help I would be very grateful as I have spent a fair bit of money on this set up. Thanks in advance.

Edit Just to update I have my sim vibe running in extension mode with my headset set in windows as my default sound output. when I do this I can watch and listen to a youtube vid and use the test section in simvibe. I can confirm that I can hear youtube through my headset and the test from simvibe comes through my 2 pucks but when I play the game nothing plays other than my headset, I just don't know what to do. thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys, after reading your posts I decided to buy 4 Dayton pucks 2 Lepai LP-268 amps, Sabrent 8 channel 3d USB 2.0 external sound card. I bought sim vibe and installed sim commander 3. so it seems like I have everything I need if I have read the previous posts correctly. I have a turtle beach x41 wireless headset that I use as my normal gaming sound etc. I only have 2 pucks connected to my sound card installed in the pc due to one of my amps not coming with a power lead. My headset is connected to the external sound card. When I load up Assetto Corsa and launch through sim commander it only plays sound out of my pucks or my headset I cant seem to get sound out of my headset and feel the vibrations that I should be feeling from the telemetry at the same time etc. I don't know what to do as I want to hear my normal sound through the headset and obviously feel all the effects that sim vibe can produce but its just not working. If any of you guys could help I would be very grateful as I have spent a fair bit of money on this set up. Thanks in advance.

Edit Just to update I have my sim vibe running in extension mode with my headset set in windows as my default sound output. when I do this I can watch and listen to a youtube vid and use the test section in simvibe. I can confirm that I can hear youtube through my headset and the test from simvibe comes through my 2 pucks but when I play the game nothing plays other than my headset, I just don't know what to do. thanks
1st thing i would say is dont use sim commander 3 as its really outdated and doesnt work as good as sim commader 4..if you are only using 1 of your amps you could still use all four of your pucks just hook them up in parallel put 2 under your seat and 2 under your pedals..make sure that in sim commander 4 that you select the soundcard that is powering shakers you can find that in a drop down menu..also in windowns sound select quadrophonic on the sound card that powers the shakers.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have updated to sim commander 4 since my post but I still have the same problem although it does look a lot better software etc. yes I have selected the sound card that is powering the pucks in sim vibe. In windows sound settings I have selected the one that controls the pucks but it only has stereo setting, they is no Quadrophonic setting that I can set. if I select the one that powers my headset I have quadrophonic setting. Why can I hear the test if its been set up wrong, I just don't get it. Thanks

Yes I can hear the beeps and feel them. I have got to the stage where I can play Assetto Corsa with the pucks giving good vibration but it also seems to be playing the sound too. I can't seem to get the pucks to just output vibration. Likewise I can play on my headset but then they is no vibration from the pucks.

Hi, just to update what's happening with my setup. I have all 4 pucks working perfectly as it should with grid auto sport and live for speed. So my setup is correct. My problem is I just can't get Assetto Corsa to work, does anybody else have or had this problem ?

I notice that assetto is down as a beta support and the picture as default is saying assetto Corsa 2012. I am using sim commander 4. Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks

Hi, just to update what's happening with my setup. I have all 4 pucks working perfectly as it should with grid auto sport and live for speed. So my setup is correct. My problem is I just can't get Assetto Corsa to work, does anybody else have or had this problem ?

I notice that assetto is down as a beta support and the picture as default is saying assetto Corsa 2012. I am using sim commander 4. Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks

I can say that Assetto Corsa works for me with the beta of sim commander 4. Are you launching the game from the sim commander software? I've noticed issues with simvibe not connecting if I opened the game directly from my desktop, not the simvibe software.

@JeffL hey mate I am looking at setting my rig up and I am looking for some advice.
my goal is to setup a 4 corner chassis mode using the Daytona pucks with a buttkicker gamer2 mounted under my seat in what I believe is extension mode seat?
I currently have an old yamaha receiver kicking around and was wondering if it will power the setup and work each puck independently?

http://digichar.com/unt/68098-yamah...tereo_receiver_340_watts_dolby_pro_logic.html
Or will I need to purchase a new av multi channel amp?
I'll be using my Asus p8-z77-m pro on board sound combined with a Asus 5.1 sound card
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX40246
and simvibe will be purchased as well

Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play