Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

Got it working... I assumed that the DLL would be put in the GSCE plug-ins folder (removed manually while trouble-shooting) by an install of SC4 or profile setup of GSCE in the software. I manually copied the DLL from my stand-alone install to the Steam version and now I feel the "vibe"!

I still have a question though on how the Simxperience.dll gets in the GSCE plugins folder to begin with....

hey all i have a question about simvibe..i use simvibe seat only at the moment and i have two buttkickers one is under my pedals and one is under my seat and i use a two channel amp but i was wondering if i used sim vibe shifter could i make the buttkicker under my seat work independently from the one under my pedals so that i could give the buttkicker under my pedals a diifferent setting?

The shifter and the seat are the green left and right output, the pedals are the black out put right, and you need to put your sound card output as quad. Don't even bother with the chassis just turn it off. (untick)

Yeah, for 2 signals you need at least 1 stereo (2 channel) amp. If you use the shifter and seat channels you only need 1 stereo cable coming out of the green port to the stereo amp.

Yeah, for 2 signals you need at least 1 stereo (2 channel) amp. If you use the shifter and seat channels you only need 1 stereo cable coming out of the green port to the stereo amp.
yea i see what you are saying..i was trying to get simvibe shifter to work on my buttkicker that is under my pedals but i didnt see the point in using it because simvibe seat is already making them shake.. so i dont understand what simvibe shifter is for to be honest!!when i use sim vibe seat it shakes both of my buttkickers so why do we have shifter option also? i want to be able to have them separate so simvibe seat doesnt shake the ones under my pedals..so in order for me to do this i take it i will need another amp just so that i can control the shakers under my pedals with the black jack in i assume.

Read the post 107 and see if that answers some of your questions.

its really up to you, you only have 3 channels of "vibe" if you look at the chassis you really only have three channels. It is kind of a wierd routing system. Here is my config, it is a little weird because of how I paired them.

ch 1 -left stereo - green- seat 2 -16 ohm paralleled(for 8 ohms) mounted on pedals
ch 2 -right stereo -green- shifter 2 -16 ohm paralleled(for 8 ohms) one mounted on H-shifter and one mounted on steering column

c
h 3 left stereo -black- pedal 1- 4ohm large transducer mounted on seat pushed by a second amp

Letters in red are the simvibe labels
This kind of gives you an idea of how you can be creative. Most of these lower priced amps are based on 8ohm it is the most efficient point of the amps.

Try avoid putting too many signals down a path. For instance road texture and engine vibe are similar and will basically cancel each other out, your transducers can only do one thing at a time.

One more thing the simcommander pairs the shifter and the seat and you can't change that.

just a car stereo amp, it was pricey but i use the other channels for other things its a little complicated and thats for another type thead lol:) you can use one channel of one those cheap amps just fine.

just a car stereo amp, it was pricey but i use the other channels for other things its a little complicated and thats for another type thead lol:) you can use one channel of one those cheap amps just fine.
i was thinking of buying a bigger transducer for under my seat..i was going to maybe buy a Reckhorn BS-200 Bass Shaker here is the link for it http://shakercentre.co.uk/aspbite/p...uctsID=124&content=reckhorn_bs200_bass_shaker.. and i was wondering would the lepai tripath amp that is recommended on page one be sufficient enough for this shaker?

yeah, probably, I just don't trust offbrand specs,100watt on a 3" trans,hmmm and what the fu** is impulse power lol
HAHAHAH this is my problem too i dont know much about this stuff thats why im here lol..thing is i dont want to spend much on an amp so if the lepai is not good enough for the reckhorn bass shaker ill pass up on it for now untill i can afford something better.thanx for help jeff.

btw I think it will probably work, I doubt that transducer can really handle or need that much power
probably kinda scares me lol..they have these two here too..http://shakercentre.co.uk/aspbite/products/products.asp?intProductsID=123&content=buttkicker_minict ..http://shakercentre.co.uk/aspbite/products/products.asp?intProductsID=122&content=buttkicker_minilfe if these are any better let me know and if it works with lepai amp ill buy one tomorrow...again thanks jeff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back