Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

I mean tight so that the transducers isn't rattling from the attachment point. There is a difference between the chattering that results and from over-driving the puck compared to a loose mount.

I mean tight so that the transducers isn't rattling from the attachment point. There is a difference between the chattering that results and from over-driving the puck compared to a loose mount.
hey jeff my auras turned up today but it seems my amp is not powerful enough to run two auras...i wired them up in series and put them in seperate channels and with the amp at maximum with two auras they hardly shake but with 1 aura its very good.. so ill need to buy another amp that will be good for both auras it seems.as im only using 1 aura under my seat at the moment what effects and how many do you think i should use in simvibe? cheers.

Hi
I'm about to order the lepy Lp2020A amp and 4 Daytona audio pucks 8ohm. I'm planning to run 2 of them per channel. Will this work? Also, will I need some type of crossover to block out vocals? Thanks in advance.

You are under powering the large pucks with 2 on a channel. If you wanna go down the audio out mode, good luck with that but I wouldn't bother it will just be engine bass.

hey jeff my auras turned up today but it seems my amp is not powerful enough to run two auras...i wired them up in series and put them in seperate channels and with the amp at maximum with two auras they hardly shake but with 1 aura its very good.. so ill need to buy another amp that will be good for both auras it seems.as im only using 1 aura under my seat at the moment what effects and how many do you think i should use in simvibe? cheers.
I missed this post, did you get it figured out, something is wrong cause it should be more than enough. How did you run 2 auras on 2 channels in series, that doesn't make sense;)

Last edited:
You are under powering the large pucks with 2 on a channel. If you wanna go down the audio out mode, good luck with that but I wouldn't bother it will just be engine bass.
Thanks Jeff...
I thought that amp was similar to the one you linked on the first page and you were running four of the 16ohm pucks off one channel. I figured two 8 ohm pucks would be ok since it doesn't take much to power them. heres what I ordered:
1 Auro sound bass shaker
1 Dayton audio sa100 amp
4 Dayton audio pucks 8ohm
1 lepy lp2020amp

The sa100 amp will power the Auro sound bass shaker and that will be mounted under the seat. The LP2020 amp will run 1 puck per channel and the puck will be located at pedals and shifter. I will have 2 extra pucks.

Does that sound like it will work? Could I buy another lepy amp and double the puck at the pedal and shifter?

Thanks

I missed this post, did you get it figured out, something is wrong cause it should be more than enough. How did you run 2 auras on 2 channels in series, that doesn't make sense;)
hi i had 2 buy another amp so im running 2 auras separately form 2 amps..i can run my dayton audio pucks in 1 channel and aura in the other though!!...ive got 2 auras at the back of my rig and ive got 4 dayton audio pucks at the front..im running simvibe chassis and i must say its alot better than extensions mode..im going to use my 3rd amp for a cheap transducer under my seat just 4 engine sounds in the future then i think i will be done playing around with it!

Info please
Ive setup a single shaker to my seat and using a usb sound card. The connection lead (Sound card to amp) is a stereo plug (into green socket in sound card) should this be mono ? am I missing anything. At the moment Im using a intercepter amp from a old vibrating vest thing, but will be changing over to a lepy one one over weekend. . In other words connections to sound card stereo or mono ? everything i have around here appear to be stereo .

sim commander is left total, right total. not stereo. but you have to map it to the channel that you transducer is on.
? sorry not sure what u mean . does simvibe sort it for me ? The link from my sound card to amp (AURA Interactor) looks like a stereo connection ? WHen I change amp over to the lepy one i connect connect rh channel on amp to green on sound card and left channel to black as shown in simvibe documentation for "localized mode" should the connections be mono from sound card or stereo or does it make no difference. Hope that makes sence?

IM guessing if using a single bass shaker it makes no differance as all data goes to same place, however i do have 2 shakers and want connect both (one seat one pedals)

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't really understand what you are saying.
There is a difference between stereo and 2 channels. Stereo is an engineered mix of sound. .
2 channels is just what it is 2 channels one left, one right. there are 2 channels on green, 2 channels on black. 2 channels sub/center.

5.1 sound card is 6 channels
7.1 cound card is 8 channels

Just play around with it a little.

Yes I understand the differences between Stereo and Mono, I assume on a typical stereo headphone check you have what we can will call 2 outputs, left speaker and right. I am connected to my soundcard using a "stereo plug" and assume Im getting two outputs maybe "Sub & Centre" . Thus if i understand correct I only need to use 1 for my single bass shaker setup so lets assume the "Sub" output. What I dont know is does sim vibe use "both outputs " supplied via the stereo jack used, will i loose anything if connected via a single conection

Hope this makes sence

Go to the settings tab in simvibe control center. Go to sim device manager and there you can set the routing. click on the little speakers to send test signal. I would suggest using one of the extension for your transducer. they are uncheck the chassis.

ok sorry for all questions - i have two transducers 1 from a "Aura Interactor Vest" which i understand is 4 Ohms and a Aura AST-2B-4 Ohm . The latter is fixed under my seat with the one from the vest on the pedals.
Question how would you suggest these be connected, and wired, currently I have the pedal transducer disconnected, set in extensions mode have the connector from "green" on sound card with both left and right phono plugs connect to my lepy amp, and the bass shaker connected to the left speaker cable connection (L+R).

If you look at the bottom of the page on the simvibe sim device manager it shows you that seat/shifter comes out of the green. It doesn't matter where you put the transducers seat/shifter is just a label. use that and uncheck the pedal box.

Ok I have a few bits for sale (UK) only did have a play at this but dont use as noise does filter through. I'm sure I could improve this but dont have the time etc. Thus I have the following
1 x Aura AST-2B-04 50W 4 Ohm transducer, a nice Lepy amp and Simvibe (if this can be transferred, oh and I have a external sound card. looking for say £60 for Bass shaker, Amp & sound card

Somebody mentioned those before. They look real cheap, the design just looks wrong. Try to find some info on forums or feedback threads.
Well these were so cheap I got one to replace the converted bass speaker I broke.
Well what do you know it works well and if you really think about it by the time you have done all the converting the cost of a few nuts, bolts, washers and epoxy for a few extra buck it's all done for you and it is designed to be what it is!
I got mine for €17.75;) shipping included, they are now €14.50 + €13 shipping :(
BTW you do have to use a few rubber washers to offset it form the surface for better efficiency

Last edited:
Well these were so cheap I got one to replace the converted bass speaker I broke.
Well what do you know it works well and if you really think about it by the time you have done all the converting the cost of a few nuts, bolts, washers and epoxy for a few extra buck it's all done for you and it is designed to be what it is!
I got mine for €17.75;) shipping included, they are now €14.50 + €13 shipping :(
BTW you do have to use a few rubber washers to offset it form the surface for better efficiency

Hi guys

whats the verdict on those cheap bass shakers? good bad?

another question about amps/ohms.
Can someone tell me how many 16ohm 8ohm 4ohm shakers I can connect to one 4ohm two channel amp? (So i can understand the math and logic behind ohms)

cheers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back