Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

Sorry for the delay, been real busy. That amp should work fine. Keep in mind that you really only have 3 channels in simvibe. The way I look at it is it really doesn't replace motion rig just accent it.
If you go the chassis route you basically get front right , front left and rear. I don't know why they don't use the 4th channel you'll have to ask them. The channel descriptions are just that, descriptions. You have 3 channels, put them where you want and put the signals you want to them. I would suggest reading this whole thread. Everything has been covered at least twice.:)

I looked closer at that amp and I don't see discreet inputs. It won't work for more than 2 channels. Simvibe is not a surround mix it is 3 channels. It can't use the decoder in that amp. You need at least 3 inputs. For instance 2 stereo amps or one stereo amp and one mono amp. Some of the older European surround sound receivers had multiple inputs, the U.S. versions did not. Hope that helps.

I have two transducer and simvibe v. beta 4. My problem is:
All effects run like a charm, but the only effect that I don't feel is when the wheels go off track on the kerb or piano.
I don't know what is the problem.
thanks.

do you mean in sim vibe to use seat on one shaker and pedals on another?i was going to put these 2 under my seat and use seat for both of them will this not work then?
It's better to use multiple channels, because multiple sounds or vibrations will cancel each other out. If you run road noise and engine noise down same transducer it just turns into mud. so the more channels and the more transducers the better.

I have two transducer and simvibe v. beta 4. My problem is:
All effects run like a charm, but the only effect that I don't feel is when the wheels go off track on the kerb or piano.
I don't know what is the problem.
thanks.
Try turning everything off and run just road feel or suspension ( front or rear) and see if it's that. Like I stated above if you have to many sounds they cancel each other out. My settins aren't going to help you cause I have a different setup.

It's better to use multiple channels, because multiple sounds or vibrations will cancel each other out. If you run road noise and engine noise down same transducer it just turns into mud. so the more channels and the more transducers the better.
oh ok thanks jeff i get what you mean!can you tell me the best way to wire them into the amp before i get started im not sure wether to go parralel or series parralel what would be best for my set up cheers again.

oh ok thanks jeff i get what you mean!can you tell me the best way to wire them into the amp before i get started im not sure wether to go parralel or series parralel what would be best for my set up cheers again.
what is the ohm rating of your transducers and also for the amp?

Then you want to run it in series. it would give you 8 ohms. If you ran it in parallel it would give you 2 ohms. You can run the speaker impedance higher than the recommended amp rating but not lower. 4 ohms is optimum. That is why I would run one speaker on each channel even if you duplicate what goes out each channel. Your amp would be running at it's optimum rating.

hi jeff do you have any tips on keeping the rattle noise down to a minimum on the pedals plate..the one i have under my seat i cant even hear it and gives great tactile feedback.. but the pedals vibration noise is very loud and to be honest its giving me more noise than what it is tactile feeback..what could i use to solve this problem?..if worst comes to worse ill just have them all under my seat!

if its the small pucks and they are mounted tightly then you are over driving them just turn down signal. If your not getting enough feedback try different mounting method

if its the small pucks and they are mounted tightly then you are over driving them just turn down signal. If your not getting enough feedback try different mounting method
yea i have 2 dayton pucks under pedals..i must admit they are in very tight..i used some wood and cut out two holes so they could fit inside then i screwed them to the wood..when you say tight do you mean inside the holes i cut out or the amount i screwed them down?thanks.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%