How Many Races will Max Win in 2023?

He is unstoppable but the amount of that unstoppable-from team skill, team-over-spending, and sport politics is considerable. These extra factors often come into play somewhat in many seasons but in the end the driver and the skill is needed to finish the job. It's just that it feels like the "dice are loaded" more than I've ever seen before...

Yep, I can't remember ever caring less about upcoming races.

I have tickets to two races and kinda don't want to go. It will be cool to see a new circuit I haven't been before but I feel nervous of being disinterested and annoyed with the show. I don't like how the sport is managed over recent seasons and I'd prefer to not pay the money to support it but my wife is a big fan. happy wife happy life I guess.
I’m sorry you are not as excited as you could be about the upcoming Max demonstration runs. Not a lot of suspense.

My COTA ticket renewal would have been more than 2x this year so I decided to not go. This was pre-season and I am very happy with the decision now that the season is so uninteresting.

that's so petty with all sports... I think it's also allowed to go back to the old days. And from me Max can also get more competition. bring it on!! Please!!! But I can't stand nonsense stories

Last edited:
And from me Max can also get more competition.
Sadly we will not see any pressurized race situation and title scenario to see a test of something like 2021 Brazil and 2021 Saudi Arabia - firstly to see if a Max mas matured to not crack under sych pressure.

For me more concerning would be if we could see an improvement of stewarding consistency and not some crap that looked like blatant mishandling for the purposes of manifesting an end of season cliff hanger (or at worst help deliver the championship result that the powers that be wanted to see).

Sadly we will not see any pressurized race situation and title scenario to see a test of something like 2021 Brazil and 2021 Saudi Arabia - firstly to see if a Max mas matured to not crack under sych pressure.

For me more concerning would be if we could see an improvement of stewarding consistency and not some crap that looked like blatant mishandling for the purposes of manifesting an end of season cliff hanger (or at worst help deliver the championship result that the powers that be wanted to see).
There will always be those that are dissatisfied with the results, and there are fans that are just as unhappy with Lewis Hamilton's first championship, the last corner of the last lap of the last race... to win by one point, and did Timo Glock get a radio message to let Hamilton by? we'll never know, but it makes an interesting conspiracy theory, and Bernie knew that the crashgate results should have been removed but... it's the way things are.
If it makes money then it must be ok.

I get it now. you are frustrated about 2021 season. I think Verstappen deserved to become world champion over the entire whole season. With ridiculous actions by those same stewards that you criticized. Mercedes came back late in the season into the race for the championship. It's just how you look at it

Silverstone and Hungary were quite debatable with the decisions of the stewards as I recall, but also the race at Imola where Merc was helped a lot. oh and the pit stop at Abu Dhabi where they didn't pit for fresh tyres

Last edited:
If it makes money then it must be ok.
This 100% but I"m not sure it's ok if it's contrary to sporting integrity.
I get it now. you are frustrated about 2021 season. I think Verstappen deserved to become world champion over the entire whole season. With ridiculous actions by those same stewards that you criticized.
Yes the stewarding was inconsistent and terrible throughout that year. The two penultimate races were very bad and looked to be aimed specifically at a close season finish or particular result. That makes the money for some but for me not what I like to see.

I am frustrated by :
* 2013 pi-RBR-elli tyres
* 2014 turbo motors reg that became a massive advantage for 1 team. I was a fan of the idea but they needed to tweak the rules quicker.
* 2014 rule loophole for disgusting looking noses - the adapted rules but never fixed them properly until 2022 - even in 2021 half the teams had stupid thumb nose designs, looked dumb and were mostly slow.
* new A logo for Fl - change is ok, I am not anti-change but bad design. the elements are all connected with same sized gaps - is it one A or is it three elemets rrl ?
* track limits - the rules have forever been the field of play, they might have tweaked the rules - or how they say they will apply them - but it is still a mess.
* "cost saving" development restrictions that prevent competition leveling out.
* Continued trend to having single stop - single strategy races that become boring.
* Traffic paradise at end of Q1, and generally ridiculous slow laps on track to protect tyres.
* Drive To Survive - starting as a good entertainment addition with extra stories from some points of view, but it has evolved into a mess of dramatic fake reality TV.
* Cars that are way too big, too heavy and too fast
* DRS - I was ok with it for a long time, but now it's just sometime for commentators to complain about.
* Commentators complaining about things - just be more positive (not in a condescending fake patronising way).
* 18" wheels - good in theory, I was glad they would try it - but they look so ugly with the covers.
* ground effects disaster with the bouncing and not making following much better. The bouncing looked so bad it was like an absolute joke.
* lip service penalty that can be applied as CFD restriction for major breaches of rules. How do they even audit the wind tunnel time and CFD calculations? I think the answer is docudrama

Some of these are just historical points, but most continue to be a blight on the sport in my opinion, severely reduces my enjoyment and it breaks my heart a bit as someone that loved the sport so much from the early 90s to early 2010's.

To put this rant back on topic,
I kinda hope Max wins the rest of the races this year so I can just add "all of 2023" to my list of long-time-F1 fan frustrations.

Well done Max, killing it.

Sorry OT again, well done Jett, 22-0 and he had to beat 39 competitors not 19 :coffee:

jett22-0-jpg.690165

Last edited:
American football has unofficial mercy rules. When you are obviously going to win a game or you have already won your division, you put in the back-ups so everyone has a chance to play or avoid injuries to the starters. Why wouldn’t F1 do the same? Would be great for some of the Red Bull academy drivers get a chance since the season is over.

Thank goodness is rained!
yeh... but

Fl has even managed to make a race in this changing conditions predictable:
McLaren gamble with an obvious wrong decision to leave Lando out - yep seen that before.
Ferrari bungle pitstop, I'm not Ferrari fan but it's getting pretty sad for Tifosi - yep.
Commentators playacting asking if RedBull decided to put Max back ahead - yep.
Williams pay driver into the wall again - oof.
Perez asking if Max undercut him was almost meaningless, although might appease his fans sponsors, and be good PR for RedBull - predictable? yep.

"Is the conditions enough for full wets?" asked the commentators - I replied "No, it never is - if it is that wet they will put the safety car our" - oops I didn't put or red flag at the end. bazinga not 100% predicted.

You can't blame Max for doing his job basically perfectly. Ok maybe he did manage to squeeze in a 'yield or crash' pass on Gasly (?) early on - he now has such a reputation that forcing a driver off track is inconsequential and pretty much not worth any comment?

you can also just enjoy it... because it is quite impressive what vertsappen shows, but you will not be a fan... just like VetAlfie. Or is it not?

I would also like to see a bit more competition, let's hope next year that the other teams develop a better car ;)

Last edited:
I watched the World Superbike races this weekend, from Portimao. With 35 changes in the lead in a single 45min race, it makes me laugh the people who discuss F1 are obsessing over whether one car is able to overtake another, just once! :roflmao:

I think you see move overtakes in a single WSK race that you do in the whole F1 season. That's the main reason I stopped watching F1.

I always said to myself "I will keep watching - maybe this is the year that F1 becomes exciting again..." but each year it gets more and more dull and predictable :sleep:

I watched the World Superbike races this weekend, from Portimao. With 35 changes in the lead in a single 45min race, it makes me laugh the people who discuss F1 are obsessing over whether one car is able to overtake another, just once! :roflmao:

I think you see move overtakes in a single WSK race that you do in the whole F1 season. That's the main reason I stopped watching F1.

I always said to myself "I will keep watching - maybe this is the year that F1 becomes exciting again..." but each year it gets more and more dull and predictable :sleep:
That's why I've always preferred 2 wheeled racing, but to be fair...it is easier to overtake in as much as there's SO much more of the track to use as the bikes are smaller. But the skill levels on the brakes are mind boggling at times. Stopping from over 200mph down to 50 or so, with nothing but your grip (from hands and buttocks) to stay on the things....plus a contact patch the size of a credit card!

Don't you think F1 has always been like this... how many overtaking actions has Clark done? Schumacher? Senna? it's closer than it's ever been.

My conclusion
1. the middle field is catching up well... with a lot of action on the track
2 it's just that no one has the car to beat verstappen at the moment, that's where the problem lies. If the midfield can overtake, it can also overtake at the front. so the end conclusion is that the rest have to build a better car :roflmao:

Max aside I think F1 has been really close this year, Many times less than a second has been between the top 10 cars in quali (pretty sure that never happened much in Merc dominant years).

I'm sure a couple (at least) of the top teams will soon suss out exactly what Newey has done and the gap to Max will drop significantly and we'll see more racing at the front.

Don't you think F1 has always been like this... how many overtaking actions has Clark done? Schumacher? Senna? it's closer than it's ever been.

My conclusion
1. the middle field is catching up well... with a lot of action on the track
2 it's just that no one has the car to beat verstappen at the moment, that's where the problem lies. If the midfield can overtake, it can also overtake at the front. so the end conclusion is that the rest have to build a better car :roflmao:
Max has won 81% of the races this year. Never in the history of F1 has 1 driver dominated a season like this. The next most dominant season was Schumacher at 72% (2004).

Max has won 81% of the races this year. Never in the history of F1 has 1 driver dominated a season like this. The next most dominant season was Schumacher at 72% (2004)
Although, currently RBR has 203% of the next constructor, in 2002 Ferrari trounced the others with 240% of the next team.

Interestingly Schumacher scored 187% of points of Barrichello, while Verstappen is only at 179% of points of Perez. Interesting that Schumacher was even more dominating over his team mate. Perez is a very good driver, but Barichello is massively underrated by the internets and a very very very good driver - pole position for 4 teams, podiums for 5 different teams.

These percentages are however skewed to favour Schumacher and Ferrari due to the harsher distribution of points for only 6 positions- there are more points availble now so I wonder if we scored this season with the 2002 scheme Max would be more dominating... but that would no matter much and be just what ifs ...

As much as I dislike seeing domination, you have to give the RBR juggernaut credit for their successes, and despite them still not getting rid of Marko I would still have liked to see the win streak have gone a few more races.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.