How Many Races will Max Win in 2023?

"How many parade demonstrations will Max and Red Bull do for Fl"?

answer: too many? who cares?

How woefully boring was that last "race" ??

There were apparently lost of overtakes but they just felt so hollow as if the field was just sorting into order of vehicle performance..

Last edited:
"How many parade demonstrations will Max and Red Bull do for Fl"?

answer: too many? who cares?

How woefully boring was that last "race" ??

There were apparently lost of overtakes but they just felt so hollow as if the field was just sorting into order of vehicle performance..
I care. I enjoy watching F1 however the enjoyment level is much lower when one driver is so dominant. I have resorted the DVR watching so I can get the races over in 10 minutes.

I care. I enjoy watching F1 however the enjoyment level is much lower when one driver is so dominant. I have resorted the DVR watching so I can get the races over in 10 minutes.
But there's barely been a season in modern F1 when there wasn't one dominant car/driver combo. Mercedes had it sewn up for years!

But there's barely been a season in modern F1 when there wasn't one dominant car/driver combo. Mercedes had it sewn up for years!
When Mercedes won 7 straight, the Championship was clinched with an average of 1.7 games left in the season. 3 being the largest. This year, the championship will be at clinched with at least 4 or 5 races left.

When Mercedes won 7 straight, the Championship was clinched with an average of 1.7 games left in the season. 3 being the largest. This year, the championship will be at clinched with at least 4 or 5 races left.
Look, F1 is not a sport now, it's a multi billion dollar business, and if you don't like what you're paying for switch then off!

Big businesses today are not about keeping stalwart customers happy, it's more about generating 'moar' customers!, and an unsubstantiated quote of the astute P. T. Barnum, "there’s a sucker born every minute" is very true.
F1 will keep innovating viewing practices for the rabble and will call them fans as long as they spend money, and the FIA will facilitate changes (that swing or lead public opinion by the nose for whatever reason) simply because it's seeing the highest attention levels they've ever had.

It will never go back to the 'good ol days' because the drivers are cocooned corporate assets that (in my opinion) are paid too much, the speeds are too high, and the investment to get there is astronomical.

Fl is just not the same as F1 was, simple as that.

Some new things are better, and there's plenty of rose colored glasses gloss over failings in the past - but overall it is a good "show" but not an entertaining sport for me at the moment.

Look, F1 is not a sport now, it's a multi billion dollar business, and if you don't like what you're paying for switch then off!

Big businesses today are not about keeping stalwart customers happy, it's more about generating 'moar' customers!, and an unsubstantiated quote of the astute P. T. Barnum, "there’s a sucker born every minute" is very true.
F1 will keep innovating viewing practices for the rabble and will call them fans as long as they spend money, and the FIA will facilitate changes (that swing or lead public opinion by the nose for whatever reason) simply because it's seeing the highest attention levels they've ever had.

It will never go back to the 'good ol days' because the drivers are cocooned corporate assets that (in my opinion) are paid too much, the speeds are too high, and the investment to get there is astronomical.
Absolutely spot on. And the new breed of fans are bloody awful. They have no interest in motorsport, just the soap opera that is F1 now.

Absolutely spot on. And the new breed of fans are bloody awful. They have no interest in motorsport, just the soap opera that is F1 now.
I think all major motor racing series are in it to make money. If we were all interested in motorsports for only the competition, we would just go down to our local track and watch the amateur racers. I want soap opera and competitive racing.

I don't need a soap opera, I don't give a damn about Christian Horner and his (second) wife. I want to see decent top level racing, and I ain't seeing that in F1. I am only seeing rules bent for entertainment and financial breaches not being punished.
I lived through the bad old days of 2004 but at least Schumacher was punished when he broke the rules, quite severely too. Verstappen and Red Bull? They're Netflix Gold, they must win.

Last edited:
I also mourn the old days a bit (I've been watching Formula 1 since 1993) but I still watch the actual races from time to time. Unfortunately since 2010 there is always one extremely dominant team/driver, I wish there would be more teams fighting for the victory. I was happy in the beginning that the Mercedes dominance has an end but now Verstappen wins everything and it's actually the same farce as 2014-2020.

I don't need a soap opera, I don't give a damn about Christian Horner and his (second) wife. I want to see decent top level racing, and I ain't seeing that in F1. I am only seeing rules bent for entertainment and financial breaches not being punished.
I lived through the bad old days of 2004 but at least Schumacher was punished when he broke the rules, quite severely too. Verstappen and Red Bull? They're Netflix Gold, they must win.
I agree, the way Lewis was allowed to catch up in 2021 to make the season more "exciting" was really bad manipulation.

Also what financial breaches were "not punished"?

"Max Verstappen DQ'd from sim race after taking out rival on purpose" :rolleyes:
- "
Reigning F1 world champion Max Verstappen was disqualified from a sim racing event after taking revenge on a rival on-track."

What a great ambassador for Red Bull :coffee:

"Max Verstappen DQ'd from sim race after taking out rival on purpose" :rolleyes:
- "
Reigning F1 world champion Max Verstappen was disqualified from a sim racing event after taking revenge on a rival on-track."

What a great ambassador for Red Bull :coffee:
Saw that....
He really needs to get hold of that temper.
I understand he is committed to being the best he can be (and he IS very good).
That said...he needs to understand that he is a 2x WDC and everything he does inside and outside the car reflect on that.
It may be down to his age but either way, it is not a good look.
I believe had the principals at RBR sat him down earlier and had a chat with him, you'd see a different temperment.
His talent...coupled with the early kid-gloves approach, has now gone way beyond the point where they can rein him in.
It means he is now free to override the team's orders and be that much more vocal...including the constant swearing.
Kids hear the bits that are not filtered or bleeped out.

I think that some might be overreacting a little, while it was an event that was in the public domain, it was after all a 'sim' 'game' competition that he was playing and he got riled and went after what he thought was an unfair move... in a game, it's not like Senna or even Seb when they did it for real on the track in a real F1 race.
As for the swearing... I'm a right potty mouth when it comes to getting dealt the short straw by 'lazy' AI programmers, so, I guess I' simply wear it when I hear it on TV,
but one thing that peeves me most is when a commentator/interviewer gets all 'holier than thou' and apologises for a lip slip from someone else... as for our younger viewers, com'on they hear worse than that on the school bus, just let it go and mention it off camera.

I think that some might be overreacting a little, while it was an event that was in the public domain, it was after all a 'sim' 'game' competition that he was playing and he got riled and went after what he thought was an unfair move... in a game, it's not like Senna or even Seb when they did it for real on the track in a real F1 race.
As for the swearing... I'm a right potty mouth when it comes to getting dealt the short straw by 'lazy' AI programmers, so, I guess I' simply wear it when I hear it on TV,
but one thing that peeves me most is when a commentator/interviewer gets all 'holier than thou' and apologises for a lip slip from someone else... as for our younger viewers, com'on they hear worse than that on the school bus, just let it go and mention it off camera.
There is no difference hear if you do it in sim or real life. The act that is, if you send a driver 300 km/h into a wall irl that is of course attempted murder and not so in the virtual domain.

As for f1 it has always been about total war getting the best car so you can win by every mean necessary. As long as I have followed f1 at best there has been max two teams capable of winning. Have to find action in he midfield in general but its certainly rather better then worse. Worst was the slick era. That was pure parading.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%