How Many Races will Max Win in 2023?

But it's not the car... all the speed comes from verstapen's genius :rolleyes:
It depends where the car get's its speed, In Lewis' dominant years it was the power unit, IMO it's far easier to driver a car with a big PU advantage, you can run higher downforce that helps keep the car stable and not suffer too much with drag because the PU will power through it.

Whereas if you car advantage is all chassis/aero, then you have to maximise corner speed every corner. That is a much harder prospect.

I mean look at your typical Forza/GT player and the first thing they do is slap more power into the car. When I played those games many moons ago the first things I did were Suspension and brake upgades, made myself fight for wins, whereas if I went the HP route I powered past on the straights piss easy 90% of the time.

Anyone can win with a PU advantage, but it does take a skilled driver to win with an Aero/Chassis advantage

Last edited:
Its official, even if Max does not win the final 3 races, 2023 is the most dominated/uncompetitive F1 season of all time. Max will have won at least 73% of the races this year. The percent could be as high as 86% if he wins the final 3 races. Schumacher won 72% of the races in 2004.

Max is obviously going for Lewis Record of 103 wins. He is on 52 as of this post. Hes halfway there. That is another 2 seasons and drivers tittles to go unless other teams step up their game.

While records are tumbling at the moment, we cannot safely predict the future, McLaren seem to be on the up and Mercedes most certainly have the infrastructure in place to change their current poor form (I can't see them down for too long) added to the pool, if Ferrari can get their game together... which they surely must, it looks quite interesting at the top, breaking Hamilton's 103 win record will take three years more of exactly the same as this year, and that is unlikely but not impossible, assuming Hamilton himself doesn't nibble a few more wins along the way, new rules and teams, and new money and drivers are likely to create some waves in the next few years.

Crazy. I revised my guess to 17 when China was cancelled.

There are only 16 drivers that have won more races in their lifetime than Max has won in 8 months. Max could be #3 for all time wins by the end of this season.
Some crazy stats - the extra races per season really dilute things a bit, but it's a trend that has gone for a long time and always means drivers of different eras are hard to compare statistically in addition to all the other context that is different.

There are only 25 drivers that have competed in more races than Max - reminds me the hype when they thought he could be the youngest pole sitter... was the a few weeks later he did get pole and only about 5 drivers in history of the sport took more races to get to their first pole.

I just feel like they had 10 in a row and sort of let Singapore go "for the show" and didn't really try very hard that weekend but I really wish he had won that too.

P.S. Here is a question to research for another topic. :coffee:

How many clean sweep seasons has there been in the top ranks of motorsports ?

I can think of only 3 and none of them on 4 wheels :x3:

Verstappen comes close to the goat

There is only one GOAT
Ricky Carmichael
He was given that handle by his PEERS
Who else you know that competitors and fans a like nicknamed the GOAT ?
I tell you no one ;)

He is the greatest of all time because across 24 races he beat 39 competitors and was never challenged. He absolutely and overwhelmingly comprehensively decimated them.

Last edited:
There is only one GOAT
Ricky Carmichael
I tell you no one ;)

He is the greatest of all time because across 24 races he beat 39 competitors and was never challenged. He absolutely and overwhelmingly comprehensively decimated them.
that's motocross but in F1 I think Max is impressive

that's motocross but in F1 I think Max is impressive

Too right
My nickname for him is "Freak" lol
The rest keep tripping over each other.
Imagine if his 2025/6 ride is as fast ?

-----------------------

Kind of makes me chuckle 2026 they want the cars 50KG lighter ( so they can dance better obviously)
Could have done that a decade ago with 3 x 50% races and cut the fuel cell in half.
Faster cars from lap one, I don't get in any shape or form how that is not better over some moldy old 190 /200 mile rule ? I rather see 300miles a round, triple the starts, if sprint race proved anything it is more races = more acion.
So takes 2026 for them to wake up to that fact or just not feasible ?
We need less sessions more racing miles.

Last edited:
There is only one GOAT
Ricky Carmichael
I tell you no one ;)

In the context of F1 I think serious comment of a GOAT is just a show of ignorance or disrespect for the context of the past and future - sure the odd banter is ok... however professional commentators and pundits should stop peddling such divisive blubber.

Otherwise there could be a GOAT of F1 if they :
* win indy500 and lemans 24hr and
* build their own team and win a title in a car bearing their name
* score podiums for at least 5 teams
* win with traction control, win without traction control, win with and without manual gearbox...

On the peers, how many champions have Verstappen, Hamilton and Vettel compared to?

Schumacher raced against and finished ahead of 13 champions who won the title 31 times in total... add to Schumacher's 7 titles ... 38 / 73 seasons of F1 history have been won by Schumacher or by drivers he beat at least once* on track?

* I think he might have only finished ahead of Vettel once, but caveat in that it was in Vettel's dominating years the Schumacher had is un-retirement that wasn't the most competitive,

On this topic, hopefully Max will get one more to clean up the end of this "record breaking Fl Season"(tm) so hype-sensational-how-dare-we-all-complain-about-the-predictability.

I know off topic while we wait for race :) lol

My context was I don't think many rate a motox clean sweep as anything special but it is imo.

Peers I was meaning when all the riders you raced against unamiously agree you are the greatest ever.

F1 drivers are so fickle they all think they are the best ... " if only I had that car "
They would never agree one driver is best.

16 AMA Titles - 162 wins - 2 cleansweeps 24 races 40 riders.
Won 250MX 450SX 450MX titles as a rookie.
Won titles with 3 of the big 4 ( Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki) Never raced Yamaha

Only Fangio did better with 4 manufactures.
The only F1 driver to win a title as rookie is Nino Farina but that year all the drivers were rookies. lol

Last edited:
Well, as we all know, the final tally was 19 wins. It was clear from the preseason testing Max was going to easily win the championship however 19 wins (86%) exceeded what most thought was possible. The combination of a great driver, team, car, and a non-threatening teammate was nearly unbeatable. Other than Singapore, Red Bull and Max were untouchable.

What will 2024 bring?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back