How good is Automobilista ?

Well I've been using iRacing since it came out and I just stopped by membership, thats how good Automobilista is ! Ok so I don't race online as much anymore, the scheduling was a pain.
When I quit I told iRacing that this Automobilista just has it all. In some ways its very similar to iRacing, it puts the racing above everything else. The AI is the best I've ever seen, and there fast without being too aggressive.
As far as the graphics and sound, they deliver. They may not be as glitzy as Assetto Corsa or PCars, but as someone said before, If your that busyy looking at everything , your not going fast enough.
Well Done indeed, and I'm a person who thought GPl was the sim, so I can't wait for the old vintage Formula 67 and 69 cars too come out !

i dont think you need some extra letters now anymore... why? you would need same mods to get conflicts ^^

Aston Martin DB7....imagine how many of those from which years? Ford Mustang. Etc. There will be many overlaps.

Also, take a look at what happens when you use stock AMS content with the 15-letter setting. We now see what Reiza was thinking with the 5-letter setting.

you still can change it to 20 if you need more... bmw m6 is unique, ferrari 488, aston martin dbrs9 etc etc... you can edit everything you want to your liking ;)
you cant really compare reiza stuff with it as reiza has mostly single make series what has different names anyway so there maybe 5 digits enough...

you still can change it to 20 if you need more... bmw m6 is unique, ferrari 488, aston martin dbrs9 etc etc... you can edit everything you want to your liking ;)
you cant really compare reiza stuff with it as reiza has mostly single make series what has different names anyway so there maybe 5 digits enough...

PROBLEM: AMS is programmed to append the car # to the name in Realfeel :( This doesn't yet affect EEC because there is only one car per model, but for HistoriX or the stock content, it means that every time you load a different car, you get another Realfeel entry. By making all names 5 characters and then assigning the VehicleDelimiterSize=5, it prevents the individual cars from appearing. But to prevent mods interfering with each other, we need more than 5 characters, so I will ask Reiza to turn off that feature. Who wants to individually adjust Realfeel WITHIN a car model/type? I can't imagine anyone needs to do this. So getting rid of it will restore things back to normal ISI behaviour. If they won't do that, we are in trouble.

PROBLEM: AMS is programmed to append the car # to the name in Realfeel :( This doesn't yet affect EEC because there is only one car per model, but for HistoriX or the stock content, it means that every time you load a different car, you get another Realfeel entry. By making all names 5 characters and then assigning the VehicleDelimiterSize=5, it prevents the individual cars from appearing. But to prevent mods interfering with each other, we need more than 5 characters, so I will ask Reiza to turn off that feature. Who wants to individually adjust Realfeel WITHIN a car model/type? I can't imagine anyone needs to do this. So getting rid of it will restore things back to normal ISI behaviour. If they won't do that, we are in trouble.

you should request on reiza forum if they can raise this value to 15 or 20 as standard, this should be already enough to minimize the conflicts...

you should request on reiza forum if they can raise this value to 15 or 20 as standard, this should be already enough to minimize the conflicts...

It won't help, as I just explained. They have to turn OFF the feature that is appending the individual car #s. That, combined with longer names and the use of a mod prefix will work.

If they do not turn off the individual car propagation, then for mods like Historix where you have to tweak individual cars, you'll have to do that over and over if you pick different vehicles within the same class. The same will happen on EEC if you put more than skin/driver per vehicle type.

The prefixes will still be advisable, as the same car model type will appear in more than one mod. For example BMW Z4 GT3, or various Ferrari's.

They added this individual car propagation and then effectively short-circuited it with the 5-letter limit. Hopefully they do not have a real use for it in the future and will be willing to turn it off.

Try using it (20 letters) with the stock content and see for yourself. It's not a problem there because Reiza has carefully programmed every car to work properly with the default Realfeel settings. Unfortunately, mods are rarely so thorough and consistent. Historix certainly is not (some cars even have reverse forces that have to be corrected), and even the EEC has a few cars that I prefer to adjust from the 2500 default forces setting.

cant follow you anymore sry...

even if i add a skinpack where 20 bmw z4 are in it will be the same car with the same physic and ffb, you dont need a extra entry for each of it... between your historic cars and my gt3 there also complete different names if you have enough digits... for sure with just 5 a aston martin dbrs9 and a aston martin db7 will get the same entry with "aston" but with 20 digits you will two separate entries and it wont conflict anymore as one will be called db7 and the other one dbrs9

just for example but i think we both talk about different things now ^^

This doesn't have to be difficult. Set yours to 20 digits and use some Reiza cars. You will see the result as I described above.

And, I do not know how it is difficult to understand that two mods could each have the same named vehicles. For example, BMW M3 has been used for so many years and represents so many cars. How many Camaro's will we have in AMS? It is very easy to replicate a name across all mods, but the problem disappears with the use of a mod-specific prefix. Then each modder only has to worry about conflicts WITHIN their own mod. Done.

The problem is with mods like Historix. In the .veh file of every car the line that determines the realfeel entry, the "DESCRIPTION" line also has the skin #. So if you have 20 characters in the realfeel.ini, and drive say the "Mustang 302 #32 skin it creates an entry, then you change skins and drive the "Mustang 302 #43, it creates another entry, same car different skin all gets its own realfeel setting. Isn't a problem for GT3 mod as that line doesn't have the skin #, so every lambo gets same setting, and so on. Reiza must have #'s in their description lines i take it.

The problem with the GT3 mod as it sits (with 5 characters as default) is if i drive the Aston in GT3 or in say the LMS they share the same entry. So every mod from here on out that has a similar manufacturer say ferrari, because of the 5 letter descriptor (ferra) whether openwheel or tintop will share 1 realfeel entry.

The hard part will be to convince Reiza to up the character limits and edit the "DESCRIPTION" lines in the .veh's to omit the skin #'s.

• Deleted member 130869

"How good is Automobilista?"

Game Stock Car had the Formula Classic, one of the cars I find most enjoyable to drive. With the Extreme update, it then finally received the converted CARTfactor mod, refined with official support. It also brought the classic Österreich, Montréal, Kyalami, Interlagos, and Imola circuits. Then modern Montréal. The Automobilista update brought Suzuka, A1/Red Bull Ring, desaturated the look of the circuits and most car reflections, brought a further refined CARTfactor update, and finally introduced our 2002-2004 mash-up Formula V10.

The circuits it features - all but one Stock Car Brasil tracks from 4 years ago - provide a championship calendar with about 80% of it composed of actual fun places. AMS also brought very refined track ports from GT Legends, GTR2, and the better rFactor community-made tracks such as the magnificent Road Atlanta.

The F-Classic (with a 3rd-party livery pack required), the CART 1998, the 2014 Stock Cars, and F-V10 offer a great base for endless online leagues. If you have a place to race, then perfect! If you don't, you can run single-player championship. If a tool like CTDP's Championship Editor would work with AMS, then it would be very easy to create fun single-player championships. So overall, the game can be quite good and fun.

Edit: If you got AMS as an update or didn't own GSC 2013/Extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:
The circuits it features - all but one Stock Car Brasil tracks from 4 years ago - provide a championship calendar with about 80% of it composed of actual fun places. AMS also brought very refined track ports from GT Legends, GTR2, and the better rFactor community-made tracks such as the magnificent Road Atlanta.

wich track is missing?

• Deleted member 130869

I am not aware Reiza brought anything. These are unauthorized conversions done by PG. Excellent work, but not part of what Reiza is providing or customers are buying with AMS. Nor is the CART mod.

Re-read for context. "AMS brought" = with the dawn of the AMS update, such mods came out. Please don't stir anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea