How good is Automobilista ?

Well I've been using iRacing since it came out and I just stopped by membership, thats how good Automobilista is ! Ok so I don't race online as much anymore, the scheduling was a pain.
When I quit I told iRacing that this Automobilista just has it all. In some ways its very similar to iRacing, it puts the racing above everything else. The AI is the best I've ever seen, and there fast without being too aggressive.
As far as the graphics and sound, they deliver. They may not be as glitzy as Assetto Corsa or PCars, but as someone said before, If your that busyy looking at everything , your not going fast enough.
Well Done indeed, and I'm a person who thought GPl was the sim, so I can't wait for the old vintage Formula 67 and 69 cars too come out !

well ...
  • Physics - arguably best (rF2 is more complex but you need to decide if it is better for you),
  • Sounds - very good, on the 2nd place after R3E,
  • FFB - for me probably best, used to prefer rF2 in GSC era but after update to higher rate in AMS it works for me better
  • Immersion and feeling - great, not much to tell .. just feels good.
  • Content: vehicles - not that many fancy licenses, you might not like all of it or even know all of it but all is very well made. Usually simulate whole racing series. all F1 cars are not licenced, just "inspired" with specs of real F1 cars from different eras. Same for Boxer (not Porsche) Cup car.
  • Content: tracks - not laserscanned, very well made, good mesh. Lots of South American tracks, some more known tracks, great modded tracks by Patrick ... shouldn`t be problem to find few of your favourite tracks or to discover new nice ones
  • Graphics - not as good looking as AC or pC but not braking immersion. But engine is defintely aging
  • AI had its issues, they are still working on it, but even now its very good
... overal if you like simracing, there is a good chance you will like AMS .. new content and features to be looking forward.

EDIT: oh, I though you are asking (title confuses me) .. but it seems that you are sharing your impressions :) ... nevermind :)

Last edited:
I think they got the best AI easily. I'm normally racing online only, but I've had some of the funnest races with the AI, without breaking any immersion at all. I also agree as well, they got really good ffb.

AI has quite some issues in some cars. In Opalas and Vees the AI is really stuggling.

For graphics, only dynamic lighting and better gras textures are needed to deliver everything a simracer would need.

I really hope Reiza's online system will increase the amount of populated servers as the online scene aside from leagues and clubs is basically dead.

You mentioned GPL... For me, the Lotus 49 of AC, even if it's a single car, is good enough to replace
completely GPL. lol
If you like GPL so much, you should check the mod "F1 1967" on AC.
Also, the Ferrari F312 is great.
But yeah, I can't wait to see Formula 67 in Automobilista!
oh just wait for that Formula Vintage .. Lotus 49 is my favourite car in AC but I haven`t touched Lotus since trying V8 and V12 Formula 67 :) you`ll love it !

70771874.jpg

Having the AI 1-2% faster in qualify is kinda pain for me because i'm not fast. In F-Extreme, the AI got like 1.25-1.29 qualifying time at Brasilia, i worked hard for 1.26, good struggle. But, when we're racing the fastest AI pace was like 1.29-1.30 and I'm still at 1.26 so i flew around the AI when we're racing. I can't push the strength more because they'll get insane qualifying time that I can't catch up, i'm not fast.

I've tried to change the qualraceratio number, gave the number round brackets, even removed it, but nothing happened so I changed it back to default. I like the rest tho, love the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back