How good is Automobilista ?

Well I've been using iRacing since it came out and I just stopped by membership, thats how good Automobilista is ! Ok so I don't race online as much anymore, the scheduling was a pain.
When I quit I told iRacing that this Automobilista just has it all. In some ways its very similar to iRacing, it puts the racing above everything else. The AI is the best I've ever seen, and there fast without being too aggressive.
As far as the graphics and sound, they deliver. They may not be as glitzy as Assetto Corsa or PCars, but as someone said before, If your that busyy looking at everything , your not going fast enough.
Well Done indeed, and I'm a person who thought GPl was the sim, so I can't wait for the old vintage Formula 67 and 69 cars too come out !

AC drives better, feels through wheel better
That's interesting. There must be so much of it coming down to people's Wheel and FFB settings. For me the cars in AMS feel much more intuitive than AC. Especsially under braking, I seem to get a much clearer feeling for what exactly the car is doing during the braking phase.

AMS only has one road car, so it's hard to compare, but certainly the road cars in AC feel very very nice. I've always felt that AC's biggest strength was its road cars. But the race cars just feel a little off for some reason, as if they're kind of floaty and not really planted or stiff. Having said that, tyre model 10 feels miles better than V7, I can actually feel what's going on in the tyres and suspension whereas before it felt incredibly muddy.

I'm happy with both tbh. If I want to have a track day with a road car (especially at the Nordschleife) then AC is easily the go to sim. And if I want a competitive race with some mates, then AMS is the way to go :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry for being blind, but thanks for doing this!!

Was a solution found to all the extra realfeel.ini entires (for every car # instead of just by class as intended) that will be generated in all stock content and mods other than Historic GT? It's really only a problem for mods that do not use the default realfeel.ini settings.

Perhaps the solution is to expand the delimeter for this mod, drive every (class of) car so it gets its Realfeel.ini entry, and then set the delimiter back to the default 5 so it doesn't cause chaos with every other car?

Or, even better, someone just post the RealFeel entries for all the cars in this mod so they can be copied and pasted into the existing .ini file. They require tweaking, but at least then all you are doing is adjusting the strength to suit your hardware and preference (and the occasional car that has the strength reversed).

I started introducing them one-by-one, but there is a mismatch with the Mini 1071's. A small error in the new .hdv file of most of those cars. Hope the rest are OK.

If I had more time, I would do this and post the entries myself. If no one else beats me to it, I will post at that time. First I need to go confirm that returning the default to 5 has no effect on existing entries in the Realfeel.ini.

Especsially under braking, I seem to get a much clearer feeling for what exactly the car is doing during the braking phase.

Absolutely this. Braking in AC is always hit and miss for me and about rote repetition to get it right whereas in AMS I can modulate pretty nicely and the FFB really clues me in to whats happening, and its only become better in recent versions.

It really is an outstanding sim all around. The FFB, sound, and driving dynamics are so good that I frequently crave turning laps just for the enjoyment of a sim that makes the hardware sing.

Hot lapping is fun, but running longer races in a car like the Formula V10 is engaging because not only does the car performance change with tire wear and fuel load, the FFB conveys the handling changes in a truly immersive and believable way. There are good sims that realistically model speed and grip differences among different cars, but AMS is the best at actually conveying unique feel to cars as drastically different as the Porsche Boxer Cup to the Formula Vee, or subtle difference as between a Formula Extreme to the Formula Ultimate.

It has so much depth and varied content, I think it may take years to grow tired of it. And that's before considering the publisher-quality mods like CART Extreme or the 911 RSR 1974.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%