HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Second time in a few days that an RD forum games' member has made it there.:thumbsup:

PS: I sort of made it. In fact a guy stole this entire video (
), added a couple of radios from Suzuka and Mexico and made it there :p
I started to like Vettel in 2015 when he was the one pushing the Merc's to the limit. Sadly nowadays all he's doing is searching an excuse for everything. In reality if he focuses on his racing speed he surely is someone who, on a good day, is still capable of winning in this Ferrari.

• Deleted member 161052

Second time in a few days that an RD forum games' member has made it there.:thumbsup:

PS: I sort of made it. In fact a guy stole this entire video (
), added a couple of radios from Suzuka and Mexico and made it there :p
Consider doing a new version of this video after the 2016 F1 season ends :D

Hello guys,

I owned a F1 manager simulation Forum some years ago (Excel-Based) and i was wondering if i could start another one on Racedepartment for some weeks..

The Idea was simple and very classic, you are a Team manager beginning in the 80's, you pick your Pilots (real ones) or spend money to get them, Wages cost you money, Car crash or faillure cost you money, Sponsors earn you money, Race results earn you money. You invest what you earn in upgrading the car. Everything is the most simple as possible to be easy to understand and to play.

The only difference between any other Forum based game like this one is that we don't go "race by race" with a market place pause between each race but "4 or 5 races by 4 or 5 races" to be faster. The idea is to not only develop your team through a whole season but through years. Last time we did 21 seasons quite easily ^^

Would it sounds like a good idea ?

Excel games have rather died out. If you have any idea based on actual racing games with videos of racing involved, I think it would gain more traction.

Well I know.. but maybe there's still "old stuff" guy like me :)

In fact no "real" game is or will ever be as easy to manage and to customise as Excel :D

Like the sound of it. Reminds me of both Omer's and Tapio's games, which I miss dearly. Would be good if you could post a more detailed concept (rules etc.) here in this thread, so that we can get a better idea of it.

@Jimlaad43: what? Omer's game died because he's facing difficult times in reallife, which require all his attention. Milos' because he no longer had the time, and had the balls to admit it rather than letting the game dwindle for weeks before stopping it. Both had a decent amount of players at the time they folded.
You want new games, but only if they're fancy enough, with videos and stuff? Good luck with that. Sure they have to be interesting to attract players, but also easy to run for the mod. The more time they require to be run, the more likely you are to get delays.

Like the sound of it. Reminds me of both Omer's and Tapio's games, which I miss dearly. Would be good if you could post a more detailed concept (rules etc.) here in this thread, so that we can get a better idea of it.

@Jimlaad43: what? Omer's game died because he's facing difficult times in reallife, which require all his attention. Milos' because he no longer had the time, and had the balls to admit it rather than letting the game dwindle for weeks before stopping it. Both had a decent amount of players at the time they folded.
You want new games, but only if they're fancy enough, with videos and stuff? Good luck with that. Sure they have to be interesting to attract players, but also easy to run for the mod. The more time they require to be run, the more likely you are to get delays.
Exactly can't agree more, like I said there are certain people who are hesitant to try out new games and stick to the old formula. Maybe a new, fresh excel game is all we need.

Well i was thinking of very common rules :
First you choose your Team. Then maybe for the first Season you won't choose your pilots but get the real ones from the year I'll pick. Same for Teams, at the beginning we should start with the real ones then it can evolved.

Finally you choose your main Sponsor "type" (like GP4 Simu) :
Win the race 500
Reach Podium 450
Both Pilots Top5 450
Reach Top5 400
Both Top10 400
Reach Top 10 350
Both Top16 350
Reach Top 16 300
No DNF 300

The First 4 races of the season begin. Then 1st season break.
Each team earns money if sponsorship deal is fulfilled and also extra money by position :

By Team rank after each race :
1st Team 250
2nd Team 200
3rd Team 150
4th Team 100
5th Team 50

By Pilot ranking for each pilot :
Victory 250
Podium 200
Top 5 150
Top 10 100
Top 15 50

With the amount of money you get you can purchase ugrade for your car. Three items which are not "realistic" but easy to manage :
Aerodynamic (Wich enhance the general pace of the car but more during Qualification)
Engine (Wich enhance the general pace of the car but more during Race)
Mechanics (Which enhance the reliability of the car during race)
The More points they have, the best it is for the car.

But the team also loose money with the wages of their pilots for each race and 50 for each Retired car.

Then we're up to go for the next 4 races and so on.
I'd like to do 16 races by season. So that there are only 3 breaks inside of each season.

About the pilots, i'd like to put real pilots. With their real skills. Each driver is different and have two stats capacities :
Driving Skills (which is basically the speed of the pilot)
Agression (which controls is behavior)
If a pilot have a big Agression Stat he'll be quicker but can crash his car more often.
If a pilot have a low Agression Stat, he'll certainly reach the end of the race but will be slower.

bed188ff-7a4f-4468-a580-fb2cfcfcfe73

That's what I'm thinking of when hearing the word pilot :laugh:

But yeah cool idea, sounds nice. :thumbsup: Will your game allow wet weather races and different strategies per race too?

The Price for each point to upgrade your car could be 100 if your actual Stat is under 50, 200 if it is between 50 and 79, and 300 if it is over 80.

And by the way, wages are simply calculated with the Overall Speed stat of the pilot which is effective during race week ends (Driving Skills Plus his Agression "bonus"). We don't negociate to give a lower or better wage it is just the cost it is. Between each season, you can sign any driver you want except if is Overall Speed is way to high compared to the spped of your car but if many Manager wants the same driver, then you'll have to pay the necessarily amount of money, like auctions to get them.

bed188ff-7a4f-4468-a580-fb2cfcfcfe73

That's what I'm thinking of when hearing the word pilot :laugh:

But yeah cool idea, sounds nice. :thumbsup: Will your game allow wet weather races and different strategies per race too?

Ah ah ! Sorry i'm not english but i'll rather say Driver right ?

Wet weather means Wet Weather ability for drivers. Which could be a nice idea but i actually don't "need" it in my simulator (my great Excel sheet ^^). In fact, there are no difference between each race. But I think it is not a problem. I developped another formula (mathematics formula) where Drivers had more abilites (type of corners and tracks etc..) but i've noticed that at the end the season it has made no significative effect.

Also no in-race strategies, because it is slowing the "forum process" so much ! I had something very "complete" before but it was painful.. Each race you set your car for a first phase. Then after qualification you choose your strategy. Then after the race you spend what you've earned. There were a 3 break by race.. which is the opposite of what i'd like to do. Manage your team through seasons, sign your favorite drivers etc.. ;)

Well, exactly because excel is dying off, is why I'd be pretty desperate to have something going in this department. I like the idea of mid-season breaks!
I have to agree with Tobi, except I think 10-12 signups is still little compared to GP4 games, and we need a bit more to really boost excel games here. (also note that Racing Manager was C#, not Excel)

PS: you're not getting any video from Excel. And even if you do, it will be terribly laggy/slow-paced compared to C#. The best I could get from Excel was lap-by-lap updates (the first versions of Racing Manager were built in Excel)

10 signups would be great for me :D In fact more could be a problem to not have a 28 men grid ^^

By the way what i wanted is to start in 1971. And without future death for some drivers to have more fun and enjoy playing with Senna through the 90's, Peterson and Villeneuve through the 80's etc...
But every driver died before 1971 is really dead :( (Sorry Jochen).
1971 have a great classic team grid : Ferrari, McLaren, Brabham, Tyrrell, BRM, March, Lotus, Matra, Williams, Surtees.

I'm also thinking of a way to play as a manager but also as a driver to get more players involved. Driver management will be very "light" compare to teams management.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back