HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

In a world where the top team doesn't have two top drivers, a midfield team doesn't have one bad driver and one old gun, and a back marker doesn't take one promising rookie. I can see combinations that make much more sense in each of the situations, but I don't want to spoil it to other managers just yet :p just keep in mind, not all teams will stick to the format you mentioned in the quote. :)

hmmm ok i understand ! Of course they could choose to not stick to this plan and you're right, keep your ideas for you ;)

But i was simply show an example of what teams can earn between each pause/break. I wanted to show that a top team with top drivers could earn less money than a slower team

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I'll launch the Topic soon ;)
Here is the Grid we'll start with :
1478725586-grid-1971.png

You can notice that this is not the "REAL" 1971 grid. I needed to simplify the grid to make it work with my Excel Sheet. The teams and drivers are not ranked in any order here. The fastest Team is Tyrrell, the slowest Team is Williams.

I've classified them from the best to the worst with a little help of my old dad who lived the period ;) I think i've something very cool and accurate.

Hmm, usually we prefer signing the drivers ourselves.
I Know, but if we start with the cars real pace, why don't we start with the real grid ? The contract are already signed, you arrived in the Teams then you'll have many seasons to make them change the way you want ;)

We'll re-write history with a start point, a real start point, not a full custom grid. I think this is right thing to do. History will change during january 1971 ;)

I've found out how to manually set the grid for Race 07, which solves my worry about qualifying issues.

As such should i run a new series, the grid will be based upon reverse championship positions. The first race would be in the order of who signs up first.

Ill complete testing upgrades etc. over the next few weeks, then ill open a thread hopefully before Christmas, assuming enough people are interested of course :thumbsup:

How about instead of looking at it like a fresh team with an empty driver line-up, think of it like you are joining an established team as their new race engineer or director. You're not going to be in a position to make changes the first day, usually, so you have to work with what you have. Maybe there is a possibility here for two managers to get together and discuss a trade of drivers in the off-season?

Hmmm.. this is exactly what i proposed about joining an established team ^^
You will not be able to make any change at the beginning except choosing your Sponsor/Rewards ;)

And i think the biggest part of the game will be the off-season. Negotiate to get the drivers you want will last a little longer than just buy upgrades. Because some of you could try to sign the same drivers. Then it will depends on what you'll offer him. We'll need to set a delay to answer etc..
(Buying upgrades should be very basic and simple).
Choosing the right sponsor should be very strategic to earn the most. Then choosing the drivers that fit the most your team will be a capital move.

I disagree with this method too. The players will get to know the game by the time I sign my drivers, meaning less room for improvement if I went with a backmarker or midfield team, as more "overpowered" things in the game will become known.
Would certainly change my stance from joining a lower midfield team to joining Ferrari or something.

But at the very least, I respect that you're trying something new.

Sorry @Milos, maybe my English is too poor but i don't understand what you've meant.

So.. i'm not sure i understood what you've written @rubaru ^^ You'd like to be able to trade drivers with other managers BEFORE the very first season begins ?

When we start, the game will be largely unknown to us and managers will be trying out different things compared to each other. But, as the game progresses, managers will learn what would be the best thing to do, and then most of them will do that, making it more difficult for midfield and backmarker teams to go up.
That aside, having pre-signed drivers makes us managers very reserved for the first year. I'll send you a private message about this, as again I don't want to spoil my tactics.

edit: Having thought more about this, I've started to grow neutral. Still, would prefer to have full control of the team from the get-go, but with every scenario I put up, it seems like I can do just fine if I only get to sign my drivers one year later. It'll only be a tough first year, where everything will rely on luck, and race strategy.
Again, I like it you're trying something new - which is why it might be the better option after all.

Last edited:
Hmm.. well ok i think i see what you mean but i don't think there would be "the best thing to do". If something seams "overpowered" as you said, then i'll change it.

I also don't think anyone will have "less room for improvement" in a way that can't change forever. It will depend on results and rate of retirement in line with your team level. I've tried to do something for the rewards so that anyone can earn the same amount of money. Good teams usually will take good drivers with higher wages. After a bad week end.. the best teams can loose a lot of money. But the worst teams won't loose much..
By the way, buying 10 points of Aerodynamics do not cost the same amount of money if you are Tyrrell with a 70 actual rating than if you're Williams with 40. Bad teams won't have an incredible income but upgrading their stats is cheaper.
I've tried to balance the game so that the gap between top teams and backmarkers would be closer each season.

I'm also thinking about a way to "reshuffle the cards" after some seasons if some teams are dominating too much. It could be the idea of setting contracts for managers with objective (maybe difficult to reach) so that we will switch teams periodically. For Example, in 1971, Ferrari hasn't been Champion for a long time.. the objective could be : You have 5 years to conquer a title (Driver or Constructor). For a Backmarker team it could be : You have 5 years to get a Podium with one of your driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%