HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Formula Ford is currently being reviewed
Little update on that, not sure its worth starting up again until I / someone thinks of a way where qualifying is irrelevant or doesn't happen since as far as I can tell its basically totally random :(

The only solution I can think of is to make the series bhp dependent, then the car is actually better and thus qualifys first

One more thing I found was the way to change whether a car is fwd rwd or 4wd, this has a big impact on the minis' laptimes and could work with the bhp changes

I can still find time to run the series its just whether people would be satisfied enough with my solutions

I could try to go back to 2, however the midweek race wouldn't have video&report (video doesn't work anyway right now), else it'd take too much of my time.
I'm not complaining about it, you've made the it clear why and it's a good reason. Don't feel like you have to go back to 2 if it's too much.

As people are saying Forum Games are dying out, I will start the Games Challenge thread. I'll try and set a good, broad challenge to start with and use it to gauge interest. If the thread fails, I'm happy to let it sink into oblivion, but to try and get some new activity going, lets try it.

I had once proposed a new Excel-based game for a season of WRC, but I think it was shot down a little because people were bored with Excel games. I quit developing it for this reason, but I suppose I can work on it some more if there is any interest. I think it would work similar to Omer's but not be as complicated with mid-season upgrades. It would be based more on in-race performance and repairs between stages. And I would significantly dial back the retirement rate so everyone (almost) could finish every stage of every race.

I had once proposed a new Excel-based game for a season of WRC, but I think it was shot down a little because people were bored with Excel games. I quit developing it for this reason, but I suppose I can work on it some more if there is any interest. I think it would work similar to Omer's but not be as complicated with mid-season upgrades. It would be based more on in-race performance and repairs between stages. And I would significantly dial back the retirement rate so everyone (almost) could finish every stage of every race.
Give it a go, we've lost most of our manager games, and seeing as Milos' really promising game has stopped, give it a go.

This idea interests me a lot :) You should definitely carry through with it :)

I'd like to see more participation in threads like Images to Words, the 0-1000 Racing cars countdown, Rate the Song and Track Design Competition as that would at least keep the contributions ticking over.

What sort of Track Design challenges would interest people? Seems like we've fallen into a rut of street circuits, rally stages, etc., and I know the world has more types of racing than this. I am personally not a fan of making a track on an open piece of land...I need a little more direction than that. But, I'm open to proposing them if it will bring out more followers.

We should probably have more open ended questions allowing people to use a pen and paper or photoshop/GIMP/Paint. I dunno, it's tough to do anything other than street circuits really.

We should probably have more open ended questions allowing people to use a pen and paper or photoshop/GIMP/Paint. I dunno, it's tough to do anything other than street circuits really.
Yes, but I am afraid of it turning into what happens at ten-tenths. The track design challenges brought out all sorts of folks who were WAY too in to the game. 3D modeling, computer simulations, etc., just took the fun out of it. Neat to look at, but far out of my league to be able to contribute.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back