Resource icon

Tracks High Force v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Having a lot of fun with this track using the traffic layout with other cars in track day. Very entertaining.
I have one issue, the cars I am following are generating so much dust, that it is impossible to follow them, no vision what so ever.
Is there something that can be done?
I am on 1.76 preview 134

I tried, it is better, but still a lot. Not all track have so much dust, this one has a lot.
Turning particule off, changes how the rain looks, so not an option, but that fixes the excessive dust.
The problem is not in the dust, but in the AI trajectory, apparently. The road is very narrow, so most bots have their outer wheels off the clean surface a lot of time. If you make them stick closer to the middle, however, I'm afraid they are going to crash into the oncoming traffic.

That's quite an inconvenience. Also, I wonder if the road isn't a tad more narrow than it should be.
Here's the section between Newbiggin and Middleton. I was pretty surprised to see how narrow this road was IRL(this was taken in 2009, can't 100% guarantee this is the same today):D

Some of the shoulders do look quite dirty IRL, especially at the narrowest points, though I suppose this depends a lot of weather/season/traffic/etc. AC isn't a rally sim either way so that's always gonna be hard to modelize properly.View attachment 513134
Screenshot_ddm_mazda_rx7_infini_fc3s_highforce_26-9-121-12-43-32.jpg
Screenshot_70.png

Last edited:
Reality seems even more harsh... Then I have a really hard time imagining buses and heavy trucks navigating those roads. Then again, maybe they never do and it's just me being an idiot while putting them there :)

A lot of dirt, yes, but that would still not create the smoke screens lingering a good portion of a mile.

Also, I wonder if the road isn't a tad more narrow than it should be.
I think the road is accurate and I like it the way it is. The dust is excessive, but might be just a CSP thing, as it is not the only mod having excessive dust. I hope Ilja is aware and is able to applied a little of his majic to fix it.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that it's the UK... so it's capable of even making dust like what, 10 days out of the year?

Guess we need config settings for local climate now, too. :geek:

I think the road is accurate and I like it the way it is. The dust is excessive, but might be just a CSP thing, as it is not the only mod having excessive dust. I hope Ilja is aware and is able to applied a little of his majic to fix it.
As I admitted above, there is a chance that it is actually wider than in real life... Not sure how that even works with the larger pieces of traffic then.
And to combat excessive dust, maybe it's possible to make surfaces extension akin to how it was done in NGP.
Dusty surfaces would create dust screens, muddy surfaces would just cake up your windshield while following a truck :)

As I admitted above, there is a chance that it is actually wider than in real life... Not sure how that even works with the larger pieces of traffic then.
And to combat excessive dust, maybe it's possible to make surfaces extension akin to how it was done in NGP.
Dusty surfaces would create dust screens, muddy surfaces would just cake up your windshield while following a truck :)
building up dust on the windshield as you go along and more going through a cloud of dirt, is already something that is suggested to Ilja. It would also mean we would have a use for wipers when we clean the windshield. And I am sure he could make more options for dust, so some surfaces create more dust than others.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.0%