GTL, Abarth 1000 TC & Mini Cooper S
RACE07, Volvo C30, Volvo Amazon (Retro Expansion)
RRE, Volvo 240 Turbo
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
View attachment 175360
Which car has given you the best sim racing experience regardless of simulation, age, class or era? Have your say!

Very often in the sim racing community we get the usual arguments about "my sim is better than your sim" or this title has better graphics / physics / career etc than that sim does, but at the end of the day it all comes down to how much you enjoy your experience when you finally put the virtual rubber to the road.

So dear reader the question I would like to ask is - in your honest opinion, which virtual racing car has given you the most enjoyable sim racing experience and more importantly, why?

Now please don't get the question confused with what sim offers the best and most realistic racing experience, that isn't what we want to know. The enjoyment factor you receive from a particular car may not necessarily reflect the realism or features of the title in question, it's just a simply question of out of all the virtual car representations ever produced, from the old Mobil 1 Rally Championship machines right the way through to the latest offerings in games like Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom, which virtual machine has, for you, given the best experience in your opinion?

When submitting your comment please feel free to give your reasoning behind the choice and maybe share a story or two behind your experiences with that machine. Oh and everyone likes a picture too ;)

Happy debating :D

Picture credit @Miancomasa
The Williams FW31 mod for Assetto Corsa has to be the best sim racing car I have found to date. It's the perfect balance between touchy and powerful, and provides the distinct F1 experience perfectly. It's not too inconsistent like the F2002, and it's during the beautiful V8 era of the sport that I love so much. It can take a beating on the throttle without spinning out, but also can take that away in an instant. The car can constantly push harder depending on your skill level and determination, and I've seen no other vehicle do that quite as well in a sim.

Just love the BMW M3 GT2
at moment in project cars

But what i would love to see is a turn back of a game with the classic BTCC from the 80's and 90s like TOCA
medium_m3-gt2-fotos-de-bmw-m3-gt2-imagenes-de-bmw-m3-gt2-wallpapers-de-bmw.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Tough proposition with some very pleasant cars missing out. These are the cars that have surpassed the rest and are together in the group of best fun:

Williams, Lotus, and Footwork on Grand Prix 2.
Toyota in the Prototype C mod for F1C.
Formula Classic in Game Stock Car 2012.
Reynard Mercedes in CARTfactor for GSC 2013.
Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9, Mazda 787B on Redlinw GTP mod for NR 2003.

Bonus for myself, arcade car has to be a split between the Hornet stock car in Daytona USA, and the Lancia Delta in SEGA Rally, both on the SEGA Saturn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough call for me as there's lots of cars I consider a favorite. But the top two would have to be:

• Ginetta G55 GT4 (and now the Supercup too) for AC
  • Megane Trophy for rF2
and maybe the Palatov D4 for rF2 would be not quite, but close to the same amount of favoritism from me.

Hmm in Assetto Corsa it's a hard choice. The cars I keep going back to are the Ruf CTR Yellowbird and the Ferrari F40. Manhandling the Yellowbird on 100% turbo at AC's Nordschleife or at Miseluk is super fun. I also love the VIR mod track with street cars like the Porsche 718 Cayman S.

• ronniej

rF2:
Minardi (Formula 1 1988 V0.93)
Williams 14b (ASR)
Porsche 917k
Venturi LC92 (ASR)

AC:
Ferrari 643 (ASR)
Ferrari F40
McLaren MP4/4
Sauber C9

There is a handful more I would've liked to have listed, but these are the ones that get my mojo rising and have made me smile the most. If I had to pick one, it would be between the rF2 Formula 1 1988 v0.93 mod and the ASR Ferrari 643 for AC at the moment.

Why? I love the feel of RWD torque and long legs and having to respect it, (without stability and traction control systems) there's nothing like the thrill of speed and having control of it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one to vote in this car: Lotus Evora GTC - Assetto Corsa
I've enjoyed that car as well, especially with the Monaco GP track.

• ronniej

Formula ISI Masters 2012 from rF2 (my relationship with this one is complicated, i love hating it)
Formula V12 from AMS
Mazda 787B (initial release) from AC
Many enjoyable hours on AC with your car as well, (Williams FW31) especially with Monza, Spa and Melbourne etc. Thank you.

Another difficult question from Mr. Paul Jeffrey...

No doubt the "Vintage" @ NetKar-Pro is nr 1 for me.
other amazing experiences:
rF2 Flat6
rF2 Civic BTCC
AC Ford Mustang
AC Cayman GT4
DR Lancia Delta S4
DR Lancia Stratos

Several years ago my answer would have been my RWD Lamborghini Miura that would steadily destroy AWD leaderboard cars in FM3.

Then there was the Vintage in Netkar Pro that hooked me in at a time when I was thinking of selling my rig and finding a new hobby.

My current favorite is a bit more complicated seeing that it is evenly split in a three way tie:
Showroom_shelby_cobra_427sc_14-6-2016-20-57-13.jpg
Showroom_ferrari_f40_14-6-2016-20-7-39.jpg
02.25.2017 - 22.58.20.jpg

It maybe obscure at this point but I really like the FM Honda Civic Cup mod for both rFactor and GTR2. They're pretty easy to drive and fill my need for "everyday cars turned into touring cars" racing.

If it has to be something everyone should recognize though; I'd say the Marcas cars from AMS as I've done more races with them than anything else in the game.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back