Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Fav Sim Racing Car.jpg

Which car has given you the best sim racing experience regardless of simulation, age, class or era? Have your say!

Very often in the sim racing community we get the usual arguments about "my sim is better than your sim" or this title has better graphics / physics / career etc than that sim does, but at the end of the day it all comes down to how much you enjoy your experience when you finally put the virtual rubber to the road.

So dear reader the question I would like to ask is - in your honest opinion, which virtual racing car has given you the most enjoyable sim racing experience and more importantly, why?

Now please don't get the question confused with what sim offers the best and most realistic racing experience, that isn't what we want to know. The enjoyment factor you receive from a particular car may not necessarily reflect the realism or features of the title in question, it's just a simply question of out of all the virtual car representations ever produced, from the old Mobil 1 Rally Championship machines right the way through to the latest offerings in games like Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom, which virtual machine has, for you, given the best experience in your opinion?

When submitting your comment please feel free to give your reasoning behind the choice and maybe share a story or two behind your experiences with that machine. Oh and everyone likes a picture too ;)

Happy debating :D

Picture credit @Miancomasa

Last edited:
In Grandprix legends.. that`s was the cooper
Gtr2.... Lambo and 550
Rfactor Gp 79 mod.... by far!!!
Raceroom Experience...RUF and Z4 Gt3 and R8 Audi.. and some legends cars
Ac...... Porsche 911 Gt3 R

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
As of right now, I'd have to say the F3 in AMS. It's got the perfect mix of aerodynamic control, liveliness and braking performance that's makes it a lot of fun to drive on the limit. Mastering it is a great challenge as the car does not like cold tyres at all, and the power-on oversteer can catch you off guard if you aren't careful coming out some corners. Not to mention the fact that it sounds great as well.

Audi R8 LMS Ultra - Simraceway

Hear me out. I know people don't like Simraceway. Frankly, I'm really still new to the sim racing world, so, I don't have enough knowledge to tell you what might be wrong with it, but, it was one of the first proper sim racing games I played (with a controller, cause I can't afford a wheel that doesn't suck), and R8 LMS Ultra was one of the first cars I used in that game (yay, events). Not only did I immediately manage to grasp how to drive that car (at Sonoma Raceway), I actually finished really well, and had a lot of fun driving it, and quite a few enjoyable fights too. Played that game a lot after that event, got the credits, brought the car and played it whenever I could. I enjoy that car a lot. Can't tell if it's because of the car or because of my controller settings, but, out of all the GT3 cars in that game, it was the only one that didn't have obvious oversteer in it (don't really like oversteer), so, it always felt like that car responds to me like none other. Tried that car in Project CARS, felt the same way. Same in Assetto Corsa. I really love this car, and strangely, it's due to Simraceway.

BMW M1 Procar - Project CARS

This is a lot simpler than the R8. I play pCARS in Career mode (first Formula class), do well, get an invitation to race the M1 Procar around Spa-Francorchamps, first installation lap in the practice session, and I'm already in love with the car. Drives crazy fast, has a lot of downforce, is really responsive and sounds awesome. It also looks really cool, so, that's a bonus.

As I said, I'm rather new to sim racing, I'm still playing with a controller (cause all the wheels I tried have horrible deadzones, and I can't afford much better stuff), so, please don't yell at me too much for my choices.

my all time favourite car is the Ferrari 575 in GTR2, this car i do drive now regular since 10.5 years and still like it very much, i use it in a league actual too. (perhaps i am the most kilometres drive man in the world with this car, in virtualy world ;))

in rf1 it is the F430 GT2 from enduracer mod. and the Ford Capri from DRM mod.
in GTL it is (was) the BMW CSL, sadly i have not time for GTL anymore.
in the new games i do not realy have a favourite car(s), but i do drive nearly always GT3 cars.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
The Porsche 919 LMP's from Assetto Corsa.

They are both just so nice to drive, quick in the corners, and the hybrid acceleration is absolutely insane. Definitely the best car ever in a racing game.

Special shout-outs must go to the completely OP Chaparral 2J '70 from Gran Turismo 6, the Arrows 2-seater training car from F1 Championship Season 2000 (mac) and the Toyota Celica from Colin McRae Rally 2005.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000