• Deleted member 130869

Congrats to all who managed to pick a single car! I wasn't able to, and didn't necessarily have to pick one per game.

@Paul Jeffrey next up possibly do one with favorite track!

To answer this question i have to answer another one. Is this possible that the question about the favorite car in a favorite sim also depends on - which hardware (wheel..) we use ?
I`am sim-racing for about 10 years right now - still with my good old G25 :D Years ago i said: i will buy a modern, better one, when the g25 gets broken. So i am still waiting, it just do not want brake :rolleyes:

So i have to say with the G25 the sim which gives me the best experience is without question Automobilista.
My favorite car in AMS is the Metalmoro. For the simple reason - this car gives me the best force feedback through the wheel. Like i would have a 1000€ wheel;) I have the subjective feeling to feel everything the car is doing. I love all the Formulas in AMS too. Or the great CART or 1975 HE Mods (Pretty challenging already with a 105/100% AI to me)

In Assetto Corsa on the other hand (which i also like very much) i do not have the 100% satysfing feeling which AMS is giving me. Physics is also great, but something is missing, maybe this would be another thing with a T300 or fanatec wheel??? I can only guess.
So in AC i realy like all the GT cars. But i haven`t a favorite. There are also tons of cars i simply do not like.The fact there is still no good AI or to race good single player Championship makes me launch the game less often then AMS or R3E.

In RaceRoom i realy enjoy Group 5 cars (whaat a sound, what a power!) and the DTM 1992 or the M1 BMW.
With all other cars i have the feeling the whole physics is not good enough. R3E makes great single player championships possible and gives overall a great immersion, but the overall physics are way behind AMS or AC. Which brings me again to the question....how would it be with a better wheel?

Sometimes i also like to race Dirt Rally Career as a variety. Here its definetly has to be the Lancia Delta S4 :sick:

In GT Legends the Alfa Romeo GTA was my favorite. I spend a lot of time with this game, but todays its bit outdated in my opinion.

In rfactor i was only racing online league with a famous hungarian Formula 1 Mod with optimized physics...So this was my favorite car :p

rfactor2 - i have tested that one, but i never could like it. I don`t know why? I also think the cars are much harder to drive than in reallife??

The last one is Project Cars. What about that? I realy realy gave the game a chance....not only one. But for me the physics are just to "arcadish". In my opinion - if you are driving one of the sims above.... you can`t seriously get back to project cars. Its a shame, because the game has a lot of content, beautifull graphics, overall its polished and nice but.......:speechless: it`s no more on my HDD.

So i have to say with the G25 the sim which gives me the best experience is without question Automobilista. My favorite car in AMS is the Metalmoro. For the simple reason - this car gives me the best force feedback through the wheel. Like i would have a 1000€ wheel;) I have the subjective feeling to feel everything the car is doing.

The Metalmoro in Automobilista doesn't get much praise compared to other cars, but you're right - it is always a pleasure to drive, even with an older wheel. It somehow adds an elastic quality to the FFB, giving lots of information, and disguising the "notchiness" of my old, belt-driven, Driving Force GT. I'm willing to sell the wheel for €1000. ;)

Assetto Corsa

Mazda MX-5 Cup
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
Lotus 49 (AC NEEDS more 70's & 80's vintage F1 cars!)
Lola T70 Spyder (AC NEEDS more CanAm cars)
69 Camaro Trans Am (AC NEEDS more 60's-70's TransAm cars)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back