Have Your Say: Show Us Your Mods!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Show Us Your Mods.jpg

For our latest 'Have Your Say' feature article we've decided to do something a little bit different, giving you the community the opportunity to display to the world your modding creations!

Be it a car, track, app, livery or something else entirely, we call all modders from within our RaceDepartment community to head down into the comments section and drop us a picture and some words about your own modding projects. You could be displaying work for any of the released racing games from any era, either finished and released content or current in progress projects, we really don't mind!

The sim racing community in general is a pretty awesome place, and those men and women who spend countless hours of their free time creating some truly stunning content deserve all the praise they get for the amazing work put in to delivering enjoyment to their fellow sim racing enthusiasts. So in honour of you modders within the community we wanted to give you the chance to show off your skills to our thousands of readers... so don't be shy and take pride in your creations!

Feel free to leave a picture and some commentary (and a download link if it's on RD) to give the community some idea as to what goes on behind the scenes when creating content for any of the current (or previous) crop of racing games and simulations.

Because we like inclusivity here we would also love to here from the community at large, giving you the chance to share your appreciation for the people who build us these mods and to maybe give us an idea as to the kind of fun and enjoyment you've had when playing this community created content yourself.

So no question this time, just simply a nice platform in which to show off your creations and for us players to say a big, heartfelt "thank you" for everything you folks do for sim racing.

Sim racing is awesome people, share the love!

Oh a quick disclaimer before I forget... please do not post or make reference to mods that contain content ripped from other first party released software, or conversions from other simulations done without the appropriate permissions from the content author...

Also please do not post download links to file hosting sites. If you want your mod out in the public arena get it uploaded to our resource manager, it's free, seen by thousands and thousands of people and you can take advantage of the rating, comments and update facilities we offer here at RD.

Ohhh this is cool, a platform where I can present my Project CARMEN Graphics mod for Assetto Corsa:
- Project Carmen, a graphics mod by GTAce -

Version 4.0

What is "Project CARMEN"?

Project CARMEN is a graphics mod, containing several different files,
which change the look of the game.

What exactly is included in the mod?

New post processing filters, a ReShade setting and .ini files,
altering colour, contrast, brightness, sharpness and much more.

The filters:
27116143950bmunu.gif

Ben Lee's amazing cloud textures, which he allowed me to use.

Tweaked smoke/particle effects on and off-track.

Custom weather presets with their own colour curve edits.

projectcarmen20weatheutsor.gif

Is there a performance hit?

Slightly, yes, although I made the smoke effects so, that they're not affecting the performance too much.
I couldn't test with different hardware configurations, so results may vary.

Do I have to use the ReShade settings and PP filter?

To get the most out of it, yes. You can switch it on and off
with 'Q' on your keyboard.
acs20161008131644296t9p1g.gif

How do I install the mod?

Please read the ReadMe file.

What if I like other filters and tweaks more?

Uninstalling instructions are included in the ReadMe file.
SERIOUSLY, READ IT!

UPDATED October 8th, 2016:
Replaced the old SweetFX with ReShade.

Please uninstall the old version as described in the ReadMe.
Below are pictures of the current version:
acs20161008162231576k8qscd.jpg

acs20161008162241800ke5szv.jpg

acs20161008163642510kzms4x.jpg

acs20161008163658759kfcs2e.jpg

acs20161008163749938kfpsmo.jpg

acs20161008170811376ktis86.jpg

acs20161008170906403kb6sb9.jpg

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/project-carmen.4539/

This is a complete scratch made project of mine
The Okayama track is coming together nicely, it`s a slow process if you all want to make right, and there is some lack of free time lately. There is still lot of work to be done, but the landscape inside the track, track it self, fences, walls, curbs, run off areas, sand traps, braking signs, grand stands, and some more are done. Now I have to concentrate on surrounding, Okayama is surrounded by hill all around, so it`s an important part of the track it self. Then small details come, and vegetation. In case you have missed it, there is a thread for the mod HERE.

Some images:

ok12_4.jpg

ok12_5.jpg

ok12_3.jpg

ok12_1.jpg

ok12_2.jpg

more to come...

Last edited:
Erm, lets start at the beginning.

Started this maybe 2 years ago now, as I wanted to get into modding/modelling, but wanted something fun that people wouldn't take too seriously.

Long story short, I picked up the basics reasonable quickly, but various elements along the way I found much more difficult so overall was a bit stop/start. In the down time I picked up a few other projects which helped gain experience meaning I could go back to this and continue - but despite that its still WIP, but it will get finished and released one day. :)

uzjShVih.jpg

vICxWrph.jpg

25QxZ2Fh.jpg

Great idea!!

I am a newcomer to the modder community. I only made skins for cars, until one day I decided to create "skins" for the official tracks of Assetto Corsa, changing billboards, advertising and also many other things, such as costumes and faces of Marshalls, kerbs and much more to give them more realism and immersion.

And thanks to a suggestion made by the creator of Natural Mod (thank you;)), I did the Autumn Nords. So everyone who wants to have the green hell in another season, can enjoy it with just install my mod.:)

You can download and see the support thread here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...s-stuff-and-autumn-nords-by-jw-modding.11381/

33012407951_b78b1261e0_c.jpg

30369154484_1f074c5838_b.jpg

30369154774_036ea1b297_b.jpg

And this are some new screenshot from 1.3 wip version. Coming update on May

34136051076_57d6ba5658_b.jpg

34045683121_f30484a456_b.jpg
34145934156_8775306df2_b.jpg
34190860595_ffd7544742_b.jpg
33373233254_d3cab85f4e_b.jpg

And also, also suggested by a user of the Assetto Corsa community, the Winter Nords project was carried out, where all users have the opportunity to have the green hell totally snow covered, including not only a visual change, but also in grip.

If you have not enjoyed it, you can download it from here.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/winter-nords-mod-sliding-ice-asphalt.13924/

32879270555_777760aa6d_c.jpg

3zM1hd5.jpg

The next big project is definitely more of a 'me' one, as lets face it, I don't expect the 30bhp Anglia to set the world alight.

This one was interesting because I made use of the 'photoscanning' technique, which helped hugely get the proportions spot on.

Its another in my shamefully large backlog of unfinished stuff, but again I look forward to making more progress on it.

YCGjK6jh.jpg

fpOUsPch.jpg

MvrayVqh.jpg

Peter Boese

Premium
Weather and graphic modification for Assetto Corsa

It is called "good and bad Weathers". It contains over 40 authentic weathers with realistic skies, HD clouds, postprocessing filters and Reshade postprocessing. The main part needs Content Manager, another great mod for Assetto Corsa.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weathers.11194/

Here are some pictures of the next version:
iD5qXNw.jpg

FqDJayF.jpg

73cMoli.jpg

My first AC mod, and first serious mod in general, was RaceEssentials app. I wasn't really pleased with the stock AC apps, so I decided to make one that suits me. Surprisingly, it really took off. These days, @Wally Masterson (WallyM on AC forums) takes care of the maintenance and development.

re.png

After that, I moved on and made Sidekick, which really is my baby. A lot of time went into the UI/UX of this app, and I take great pride in the fact that it sits on top of the app ratings list with average of 4.99 stars from about a 100 ratings given.

miseluk_promo.png

I also dipped my toes in skin making and made this year's Ferrari skin for RSS Formula Hybrid, but it's not really my cup of tea, doubt I'll continue making skins.

preview.jpg

speedyx56

Be gay do crime
I do liveries for AC, I might do some for PCars 2 if it has a proper custom liveries system.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/speedyx56.20916/

W12Y3ve.jpg

hZBjxHN.jpg

Mqwu2EP.jpg

I always try to push as far as I can when it comes to details, I hope we'll have a sim with visible tear-offs and dashboard stickers one day.
Might not be much compared to most of the 3D guys but I just don't like driving a car without a livery I like. :roflmao:

Before that I did liveries for Trackmania United and Trackmania², my best ones are on my website : http://www.s56design.fr/search/label/Trackmania
This is the first livery I did using Photoshop back in 2008 :
SBo3vvr.jpg

It's a shame I don't have the .psd anymore, would be fun comparing it to the recent ones... :roflmao:

I just made a little database mod for RD: GRID to buy the Porsche and the Ferraris years ago but I'd like to thank all modders because there would be no simracing without modders :inlove:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 40 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000