GTL "New Lobby" Fix - The definitive RD guide.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
As requested in another thread, here's a simplified and collated version of the "new lobby" fix, which is what we'll be trying to use going forward.

The new lobby requires a new file and a small registration process.

1. Download the file and drop it into your GTL installation folder - download
2. Open GTL
3. Go to Multiplayer -> Internet
4. Click on the "Register" button
18649d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-4.jpg

5. Enter your details - please note that this does NOT have to be your previous user/password combination. It will not affect your name online, as that is taken from the profile name.
18650d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-5.jpg

6. Click the Orange Arrow - NOT the Log-In button - You will get a "Registration accepted" message
18651d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-6.jpg

7. You'll be taken back to the Log-In screen, click the Orange arrow
18652d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-7.jpg

8. At the new lobby, select RD game as normal.
18653d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-8.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,243
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,263
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,271
one thing that may be "knobbling" the reg. process is if you have entered the Online Key code from the back of the manual wrongly, remembering that the online code is different, and presented in a different place, ie. on manual not disk, than the activation code needed for installation.

Sam

• Marcin Piatkiewicz

one thing that may be \"knobbling\" the reg. process is if you have entered the Online Key code from the back of the manual wrongly, remembering that the online code is different, and presented in a different place, ie. on manual not disk, than the activation code needed for installation.

Sam
THATS THE POINT! GOD BLESS YOU!!!! :D
9sdkc7.jpg

I recently reinstalled OS and now cant login online. I backed up my entire GTL folder before I reinstalled OS. I installed GTL and copied back the backup files. I downloaded Lobby fix to the new server. Still cant join nor register a new login.

Abdul, I reinstalled my OS a while ago too and had a similar problem. You have to re-enter the CD key for multiplayer to work again. If that doesn't work then backup all of the ADD-ON content and re-install GTL and don't forget to put the lobby fix in the GTL directory. You might not have to re-register though, first try to log in using your last user name and password that was KNOWN to work. If it doesn't work then I guess you need to register again.

Hope your problem gets solved.

clear a registry, delete the \"value\" 10tacle

Well, i did everything, i uninstalled the game, deleted all files and registry (CCleaner and manual in regedit), i changed path to install and i still can't enter ONLINE KEY... there is no option - I updated the game with all patches (patch, starforce vista patch, lobby fix) and if i click on "Multiplayer" i have to enter login or create new accoount only (nothing about ONLINE KEY)... any ideas? Thanks

Well, i did everything, i uninstalled the game, deleted all files and registry (CCleaner and manual in regedit), i changed path to install and i still can't enter ONLINE KEY... there is no option - I updated the game with all patches (patch, starforce vista patch, lobby fix) and if i click on \"Multiplayer\" i have to enter login or create new accoount only (nothing about ONLINE KEY)... any ideas? Thanks

I do, ditch it. I have tried everything, formats, configs, different versions of windows etc. I also have been a beta tester for 10 years so I can usually get round these. But not anymore. The developers and publishers are getting a bit like EA. Its a 5 year old game and how are you supposed to buy their new games if you are still playing their old games.

makes me want to give up the whole thing. Thanks for all the effort, but I am out.

Well after installing the game, first time user and new to this game, I followed Stuart's advice and got all the updates & mods. Installed all these and after checking all where working fine proceeded to get online. This went like clockwork & now online with this awsome game.

Thanks to Stuart for all invaluable advise and thanks to RD for still hosting this game. Can't wait until my first online game with all the players here at RD.

You can check if you can access the bierbuden.de server by doing a ping test:

go to your command prompt and type ping 87.106.246.159 and hit enter.

If it returns information about sending and receiving the same info, then you can access the server.

Hi guys, i've recently installed GTL and would like to join some online events, so i've had a look at this thread and unzipped the file into my main GTL directory. I try to register but with no success. So i ping the server as warren described above and get the message that '4 packets of data sent, 0 received, 100% loss'! The server is online, (checked their website) so i'm guessing the problem is my router. Now, my question is how do i go about rebooting my router so that i can play this damn game online?! Thanks in advance!

Ross, regards your problems, we know you can ping 87.106.79.180 and get replys. When you went through the registration did you enter the correct online activation code, this is different to the game activation code and is found on the back of the manual? Also have you updated the game to version 1.1.0.0 before you registerd online?

I have the latest game version and i entered the online code that was on the back of my manual carefully. I could try this again however and see if it works. (i delete '10tacle' from registry i believe?) Other than that, i'm fresh out of ideas!

it appears thats correct from previous posts. As a test tonight I just put the lobby ip address into the lobby fix file and it worked fine. I thinks it maybe better to uninstall everything and start a fresh install and don't let window put the GTL file in the programs folder. It didn't for me on XP but your using Vista so just put it on the C drive. Hope this helps but I'm no expert on this as I've only had the game a month myself but had no probs installing it and connecting follow the guide to the letter.

Edit: Ross just found this on Window's Vista patch thread:

I had to install the game with the User Account Control turned off in Vista. For some reason, Vista doesn't like GTL with User Account Control turned on.

"Go to control panel / User Accounts. Where it says make changes to your account, go down to the last line: "Turn user account control off or on" Turn it off and you will no longer have this problem and be able to install this game"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back