GTL "New Lobby" Fix - The definitive RD guide.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
As requested in another thread, here's a simplified and collated version of the "new lobby" fix, which is what we'll be trying to use going forward.

The new lobby requires a new file and a small registration process.

1. Download the file and drop it into your GTL installation folder - download
2. Open GTL
3. Go to Multiplayer -> Internet
4. Click on the "Register" button
18649d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-4.jpg

5. Enter your details - please note that this does NOT have to be your previous user/password combination. It will not affect your name online, as that is taken from the profile name.
18650d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-5.jpg

6. Click the Orange Arrow - NOT the Log-In button - You will get a "Registration accepted" message
18651d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-6.jpg

7. You'll be taken back to the Log-In screen, click the Orange arrow
18652d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-7.jpg

8. At the new lobby, select RD game as normal.
18653d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-8.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,271
Did a clean install but with this fix i can't get GTL working for some reason. Ill be repeating the steps once more.

Username already excist is the message i get :( I give up, i have been busy reinstalling and trying workaround the Win 7 stuff but no success.

"could not connect to the server" is the message i get now.

Post merged.

I give up, uninstalled and moving on!

I have a question..
I typed bad ONLINE key before and now (I reinstalled the game, deleted everything with tacle or simbin tag) it doesn't want to type ONLINE key and it only says during the registration proces "invalid cd key" (it means online I guess) but I don't know where do I have to type it? Another reinstall didn't helped me..
thanks

I did it like this - I run win 7 64 bit

1. Uninstal GTL
2. Remove GTL directory completly
3. Cleaning registry
4. Reboot
4. Checking registry once more
5. Installing GTL
6. Installing GTL Patches
7. Installing Lobby Fix
8. Reboot
9. Started GTL
10. Created completely new driver profile - nothing from old one
11. Followed instruction of New lobby fix

Do you copy Your old driver's profile or do you create a new one?

I deleted every register manualy, then I used AML Free Registry Cleaner & RegCleaner, more then 400 problems were solved (and some GTL registers too, because during the installation it didn't remember install path from ago)... but still there is no way to type online key... I am out of ideas, I have 9 days to solve it, so please I will appreciate every advise .. I trust that we can solve it together
there must be another way to put my online key into the game, maybe in PLR something or something like that
I wont give up

and yes, I did and I create totaly new profile (not copy)
I did it like this - I run win 7 64 bit

1. Uninstal GTL
2. Remove GTL directory completly
3. Cleaning registry
4. Reboot
4. Checking registry once more
5. Installing GTL
6. Installing GTL Patches
7. Installing Lobby Fix
8. Reboot
9. Started GTL
10. Created completely new driver profile - nothing from old one
11. Followed instruction of New lobby fix

Do you copy Your old driver's profile or do you create a new one?

I can even supply you references of install process (uninstalling, cleaning, etc.)

GOT IT! I am ONLINE :D I installed the game in different language and it works.. but.. heh I don't speak hungarian :D

You still have 9 days :)

BTW
Igor Drotár - Ano paňe!
I very like this sentence and his way of driving :rolleyes:
I also remember one sentence from his onboarad

Igor Drotar asking his co-driver approaching corner "Five left or right" and after two seconds he talks again "Dosen't matter!"
"Piec pravo czy levo" - "A to jedno"

I have the old getting online issues with win 7 and have not fixed it yet, but was searching around for where GTL is reading my .plr file ... not where I would expect it and "found" it in this location (god bless Mark Russinovich and his Sysinternals tools without whom I would have been seriously screwed many times in the past :)) ...

C:\Users\[windows username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\GTL\UserData|[profile name]

EDIT: BTW ... would have expected it here
C:\Program Files (x86)\GTL\UserData, but nothing is created there when I start GTL and make a new profile ...

... will keep checking things out, and sorry if this is a duplicate post but thought this might help anyone looking find out where GTL might be getting its settings from :wink:

Yeah i am back!
GTL is working for me again. :)

I complety did a other install with not using my GTL disk.

I downloaded the Legal version with the torrent where you not need the starforce patch etc.
Installed GTL
Installed the lobby fix
Went online and he asked me for a Serial number but didnt use the one from the CD but the codes from autobild
(http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/31297-free-keys-for-gtl.html ) filled it in registered and all was oke. :)

Corvette here i come again in S5. ;)

Yeah i am back!
GTL is working for me again. :)

I complety did a other install with not using my GTL disk.

I downloaded the Legal version with the torrent where you not need the starforce patch etc.
Installed GTL
Installed the lobby fix
Went online and he asked me for a Serial number but didnt use the one from the CD but the codes from autobild
(http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/31297-free-keys-for-gtl.html ) filled it in registered and all was oke. :)

Corvette here i come again in S5. ;)

Glad your back Ivo - i'm seriously considering the Vette for next season, so it'd be nice to have some company lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back