GTL "New Lobby" Fix - The definitive RD guide.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
As requested in another thread, here's a simplified and collated version of the "new lobby" fix, which is what we'll be trying to use going forward.

The new lobby requires a new file and a small registration process.

1. Download the file and drop it into your GTL installation folder - download
2. Open GTL
3. Go to Multiplayer -> Internet
4. Click on the "Register" button
18649d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-4.jpg

5. Enter your details - please note that this does NOT have to be your previous user/password combination. It will not affect your name online, as that is taken from the profile name.
18650d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-5.jpg

6. Click the Orange Arrow - NOT the Log-In button - You will get a "Registration accepted" message
18651d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-6.jpg

7. You'll be taken back to the Log-In screen, click the Orange arrow
18652d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-7.jpg

8. At the new lobby, select RD game as normal.
18653d1255274423-gtl-new-lobby-fix-definitive-rd-guide-8.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,270
Thanks Tom. :)
Did some good testing the last days already. And made my choice already.
And its not the Vette. :D. Thought i did something wrong in S4 and wanted to give it another shot this season. But its still a Devil mobile. And i dont go near it again even with my Vette heart. ;)

For all those thinking about their possible choices for the GTC72 season:

Check the previous events in the rankings - I did a full field series where everyone had to drive a lot of the cars in the final league class in mixed events, and then Carlos did some specific head-to-head events with a lot of the final cars for direct comparisons for relative speeds, and what feels better/worse etc.

There is a lot of data out there for you to make a shortlist, but obviously, personal preference should be king. We have this every season - Will you pick the car that feels most lively, most predictable, most fun or just fastest irrespective of how much you enjoy it?

I do urge you to try them all out, and on a variety of tracks, as there are some really nice contrasts within the group.

I didn't read the complete thread but the fix as discussed in the first posting is not needed anymore since Altbierbude bought the original lobby server domain name. Hence, the original game lobby settings work again thanks to those great guys at 'Bude :cool:

I for sure typed it in notepad and make sure x times to have it the same :D works fine, thanks :) before I used small letter which didnt let me go into the server... or I made some mistake in them, I hope it is OK i registered as Kapal Ondrej

If this is legit, does this:

http://www.computerbild.de/gutscheinaktionen/cbs-gt-legends-seriennummer-4559945.html?action=registe

still work and will provide a functional key to play online?

Seeing as GTL is ostensibly an abandoned product, what can be done? I would love some guidance here. I have been gaming for 20 years, but nothing so far has been more confusing than this one! And I have seen some pretty crazy stuff in my day.

d

EDIT - All of it works! It's amazing, but true, and I thought it was too easy to be true, but in this case, it's not. See all of you on the grid :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%